ADVERTISEMENT

Did Paris Ford play??

Yes he did play. Did you not see him out there a as long snapper??? He was playing scout team long snapper and blew the staff away in practice much like Carter. The staff thinks he has a chance to be an NFL long snapper.

No and he booked it as soon as the final whistle to the locker room. Didn’t stick around a minute to celebrate

It’s a 70% done he’s gone . WVU is where he thinking about going. He sees how successful Kenny Robinson is
Then so be it. I see first and second year guys playing all over the place on this team (including the QB position) so if he isn’t on the field then that’s on him. Obviously he isn’t ready, good enough, or a combination of the two.

Since no one has answered the original question, the answer is yes, he did play. I wasn't particularly looking for him (who specifically looks for a guy like him who isn't actually all that good?), but I noticed him out there a couple times.

Reactions: Steve_H2P
If he was any good or if he comprehended his assignments, he'd be out there more. But he's not on either count. Hopefully, Narduzzi can recruit someone to take his place who is capable of learning and developing.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
If he was any good or if he comprehended his assignments, he'd be out there more. But he's not on either count. Hopefully, Narduzzi can recruit someone to take his place who is capable of learning and developing.
None of our secondary players seem to grasp our concepts.
Which is how a powerhouse duke team can churn up over 600 yards of offense on them

Narduzzi had NFL starter caliber talent in the defensive backfield and still couldn't crack the top 100 in passing defense. So pardon my lack of faith that this staff can teach their scheme or utilize defensive talent correctly.

It is alarming that a team like Duke, a very mediocre team, can pass so well on Pitt. I agree that Narduzzi obviously isn't capable of developing players and can't recruit them either.

Isnt it possible that Ford was just one of those guys that peaked athletically in high school and won’t really get any better? It happens everywhere all over the country.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Isnt it possible that Ford was just one of those guys that peaked athletically in high school and won’t really get any better? It happens everywhere all over the country.

Yup. See rushell shell.

No it really isnt about grasping the defense. Nard talks all the time about the players that are playing that the coaches need to put the players in better position to make plays. Do any of you see Briggs or Motley or any others makin plays in a real game? The answer is no!

Listen to what Nard has been saying about thoee players all thru camp. They are great in practice and players who practice well will play. That is the real problem. Ford hasnt even got a chance to play consistently in games. None of us really know if he can play or not cause he hasnt had a chance to play. They are rotating way too many Dbs to give them a chance to develop. Nard needs quit thinking like and old school coach in the college game. That is the real problem.

It is real simple. PN does not understand how to defense the "Run Option Pass" spread offense
that many ACC teams like to run. From what I can see nobody on the staff knows what the hell is going on. He is a old time Big 10 coordinator who has been left in the dust with his current
defensive concepts. Just watch the games and see how many receivers are running free. Pitt
players are not even close to being in position to make plays. They are always chasing the receiver and ball. The real truth to this all is things are not getting any better after 4-years. He
has his own recruits in place and actually thinks are looking even worse. I almost have to believe
that Paul Christ had a better defensive coordinator and that is a real stretch of a statement.!

It’s a 70% done he’s gone . WVU is where he thinking about going. He sees how successful Kenny Robinson is
What makes you think he could play at Wvu if he isn't see much action at Pitt?Is Pitt's secondary that much better than Wvu's?

What makes you think he could play at Wvu if he isn't see much action at Pitt?Is Pitt's secondary that much better than Wvu's?
Coaching period! Put the kid ot there and give him a chance. The kid was a dominant high school player. He did not suddenly get fat and slow in his year off last year. He has been confused by a scheme that has also confused the players who are playing it. This staff is playing an antiquated scheme and has no flexibility or imagination in adjusting the scheme. Holgy, on the other hand, playing in the Big 12, uses the 3-3-5 where he could put Ford in the deep middle and just let him read the quarterback and use his athletic ability to make plays on the ball. Our staff is a joke defensively. Everbody hated Matt House and wanted him run out of town, I gotta say he couldn't do worse than the job this staff is doing.

Coaching period! Put the kid ot there and give him a chance. The kid was a dominant high school player. He did not suddenly get fat and slow in his year off last year. He has been confused by a scheme that has also confused the players who are playing it. This staff is playing an antiquated scheme and has no flexibility or imagination in adjusting the scheme. Holgy, on the other hand, playing in the Big 12, uses the 3-3-5 where he could put Ford in the deep middle and just let him read the quarterback and use his athletic ability to make plays on the ball. Our staff is a joke defensively. Everbody hated Matt House and wanted him run out of town, I gotta say he couldn't do worse than the job this staff is doing.
There are so many contradictions in this post...

$20 to anyone, Ford will not be at Pitt next year.
That's fine except if he leaves PITT and becomes a starter/star anywhere else in D1/P5 football next season than we have our answer.
The staff can't coach, judge talent, or their system su-ks.
fyi- it could be one, two, or all three of the above.
So we'll see!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Reactions: 88Pitt88
Definitely frustrating. I frankly don't care if Ford or one of the other umpteen athlete types we've seen recruited, 0 star, 4 star, Ringo Starr, who cares. I keep hearing how the older guys "understand the scheme" and Ford or the others obviously must not ... but then i continuously see our safeties and linebackers sometimes dozens of yards away from the ball, mostly every play. I guess the rationale is that it would be EVERY SINGLE play with this guy, or Coleman, etc? Then my gracious, fold up shop right now, if our recruits or coaches or both are that totally pathetic.

Face it, the scheme blows and nobody seemingly can be effective in it vs the tires of offenses typical of 90%of our opponents. If he isn't going to change it, at least the better athletes have a chance to recover and run down the guys who keep getting wide open. Case in point Saturday, the critical play in mid 4th where Jackson had the athleticism to chase down the little Duke wiener who had once again blown past the safeties and headed for 6. That heroic play was massive because it allowed us to somehow hold em to 3 if i recall, making all the difference in the end. Point is, the scheme savvy guys failed miserably on that play (as usual that day) and a superior athlete came out of nowhere and saved the bacon.

Here's a problem for PITT.
When you get 4 and 5 star players , that don't play, leave the program, that gets around and makes it harder to recruit other top players.
Recruits aren't likely to do a ton of research about a college or program they'll react to one liners, perception, headlines, or what others say about the program and if it isn't good others will stay away.

I find it almost impossible that PITT football can't find a way to get this guy on the field considering some of the " dead wood" we have playing defense.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Here's a problem for PITT.
When you get 4 and 5 star players , that don't play, leave the program, that gets around and makes it harder to recruit other top players.
Recruits aren't likely to do a ton of research about a college or program they'll react to one liners, perception, headlines, or what others say about the program and if it isn't good others will stay away.

I find it almost impossible that PITT football can't find a way to get this guy on the field considering some of the " dead wood" we have playing defense.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
you think coaches like Gibson at WVU aren't bringing up Ford to every wpial DB that pitt and wvu are recruiting? I do.. Pitt gives up 300+ yards passing weekly and Ford isn't playing, you want to go to pitt or wvu?

you think coaches like Gibson at WVU aren't bringing up Ford to every wpial DB that pitt and wvu are recruiting? I do.. Pitt gives up 300+ yards passing weekly and Ford isn't playing, you want to go to pitt or wvu?
The scheme is the problem and the coaches refuse to change. We had Avonte Maddox and Jordan Whitehead who are both either starting or playing a lot in the pros and couldn't stop shit with them in our defensive backfield. That is 2 out of four d-backs that are now pros. Maddox always looked pretty good with the exception of when he had to play big bodied receivers. Whitehead, on the other hand, looked good as a freshman but never improved over the years and seemed to be out of place many times before deciding to leave for the next level. This is an indictment of our coach and his system. He is a stubborn SOB and will not change despite having a fair amount of talented defensive backs.

We do fine when we play teams like ND who prefer to run and play more of a pro style offense. Any team that thrives on passing and multiple receiver sets can throw to open receivers all day. We shouldn't even have linebackers on the field when we play a UCF. It is hard to have faith that this season plays out as we hope, after seeing a Duke team rip the D to shreads. I have a hard time believing the Duzz is going to last here given that he is a defensive minded coach that has lost his defensive mind. If we have to count on our offense to score fifty to win, then we are in trouble in these last 4 games.

You ae absolutely right though, Gibson and other coaches are pointing out what happens with higher rated players that go to Pitt. It isn't just Ford, it seems to happen to alot of our higher ranked players.

Players are concerned about getting to the pros. There is a pretty long list of guys who played under Narduzzi who ended up collecting NFL paychecks.

Duke stats didn't have him on the participation list, haven't seen if Pitt put one out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT