ADVERTISEMENT

Did the new HW win an open tourney at Clarion

Yes, he did - he had 2 majors, 2 pins and a decision - he beat Seth Nevills 9-7 (Penn State commit who is supposedly the second coming of Cael.... and whom I believe is gray shirting this year maybe?? as he was "unrostered").

Demetrius Thomas looked pretty impressive. He has very good technique with his double leg and an excellent motor. He keeps working right to the end of the match. I am really interested to see how he does with some of the ranked guys in D1 this year. Zach Bruce did well too but injury defaulted with a 4-4 score. The 285 slot seems to have a lot of work out partners with Zach Bruce, Cole Rickert, and DT going round robin with Jon Gingrich (I do not know if Ryan Solomon is still hanging around). I cant ever remember having that many guys that can actually wrestle, in the room at 285.

Kemmerer and Mathews wrestled unattached which I assume means a red shirt year. This makes sense as they both demonstrated some real potential but, definitely wrestled like freshman. Some sloppy technique and too much watching/thinking during the matches.

I do not have a handle on the competition the Pitt guys wrestled against this weekend but over-all, everyone looked pretty good for an early season tournament. There is definitely some competitive depth in the Pitt wrestling room this year. If Gavin and Co can bring these guys along to half the degree they improved last years crew, this year is going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT