ADVERTISEMENT

Didnt know Pitt originally signed up to play in Vegas next year

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Too bad the Preseason NIT and Pitt/Syr at Yankee Stadium will be a week and a half apart. Could have made for a fun weekend.
I don’t think we should ever play a tournament outside of the east coast, unless we happen to be invited to the Nike thing in Portland or the big Hawaii tournament. I know sometimes a tournament in the Bahamas or Florida is a reward for the players, but we’re probably doing a foreign tour this offseason anyway.

Baking in two games in NYC through a tournament makes all the sense in the world for Pitt, especially if it’s a tournament where you play quality competition like Baylor or Florida (last team still unknown) or Michigan and VCU/Arizona State this year.

I don’t think we should ever play a tournament outside of the east coast, unless we happen to be invited to the Nike thing in Portland or the big Hawaii tournament. I know sometimes a tournament in the Bahamas or Florida is a reward for the players, but we’re probably doing a foreign tour this offseason anyway.

Baking in two games in NYC through a tournament makes all the sense in the world for Pitt, especially if it’s a tournament where you play quality competition like Baylor or Florida (last team still unknown) or Michigan and VCU/Arizona State this year.

Well, I dont think we should be scheduling tournaments for recruiting anymore either. HS recruits leave home and arent paying attention to NYC Thanksgiving basketball. But NYC is cool so I'm ok with us playing there as much as possible. I'd like to see us in one of the 🇧🇸 tournaments or Maui again. Or any of the big national ones (like Phil Knight as you said). Myrtle Beach in November might also be a nice escape for fans. I believe we were supposed to do that one before Covid hit.

We played Gonzaga in Okinawa. One half of a game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT