ADVERTISEMENT

Diet PEPSI

Jul 19, 2022
Noticed a new taste around the middle of may. Thought maybe I had a skunked up case but new one was also bad as well as ones I bought in gas stations. Does anybody know of a formula change? May need to find old can to compare. Disappointed but may adjust to it.

Noticed a new taste around the middle of may. Thought maybe I had a skunked up case but new one was also bad as well as ones I bought in gas stations. Does anybody know of a formula change? May need to find old can to compare. Disappointed but may adjust to it.
as batshitt crazy as you often seem to be I think you might be on to something....bought a 24 pack cube of the stuff and my wife swears it lacked enough carbonation and tasted differently...Personally, I miss TAB. I still am having an aftertaste from that last can I had in 1986..

as batshitt crazy as you often seem to be I think you might be on to something....bought a 24 pack cube of the stuff and my wife swears it lacked enough carbonation and tasted differently...Personally, I miss TAB. I still am having an aftertaste from that last can I had in 1986..
Tangueray and tab Big Ern?

Reactions: bwh05

Research suggests that aspartame increases the risk of:

certain types of cancer, including lymphoma, leukemia, urinary tract tumors, and neurological tumors. type 2 diabetes. preterm delivery. toxicity in the kidneys. toxic liver disease. harmful changes to the salivary glands.

..... and you are concerned about the taste? Lol.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I think all diet pop taste like ass, but I'm not a big pop drinker to begin with. I'd rather drink water, and would rather drink nothing over anything diet.

Reactions: Bubby6

certain types of cancer, including lymphoma, leukemia, urinary tract tumors, and neurological tumors. type 2 diabetes. preterm delivery. toxicity in the kidneys. toxic liver disease. harmful changes to the salivary glands.

Seems like there are a lot of half-baked conclusions on both sides of the fence. A lot of the stuff you've described requires unrealistic quantities to be consumed.

You definitely want to chose a brand that uses organic aspartame. It costs a little more but I like knowing my aspartame is ethically sourced and free of any worrisome chemicals.

I think all diet pop taste like ass, but I'm not a big pop drinker to begin with. I'd rather drink water, and would rather drink nothing over anything diet.
I don't like water. Wish I did. I prefer diet soda to regular... the sugared stuff is so sweet and sticky. Short of an IPA, I only like carbonation in a few cocktails (Rum/coke, Gin/tonic). Even there, I get the diet stuff. Unless one is guzzling copious amounts of diet, I believe the sugar is worse for the body. Diet ginseng green tea and bourbon is nice.

Pepsi Zero tastes much better than Diet Pepsi, but both have aspartame.

If you want better ingredient in a diet soda, switch to Zevia. No aspartame and sweetened naturally with stevia. Takes a bit to get used to, but comes in like 15 flavors (root beer, grape, fake mt dew, etc).

Reactions: Mikefln
I don't like water. Wish I did. I prefer diet soda to regular... the sugared stuff is so sweet and sticky. Short of an IPA, I only like carbonation in a few cocktails (Rum/coke, Gin/tonic). Even there, I get the diet stuff. Unless one is guzzling copious amounts of diet, I believe the sugar is worse for the body. Diet ginseng green tea and bourbon is nice.

It's simply not. Diet still spikes your insulin while it's poisoning your body.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Pepsi Zero tastes much better than Diet Pepsi, but both have aspartame.

If you want better ingredient in a diet soda, switch to Zevia. No aspartame and sweetened naturally with stevia. Takes a bit to get used to, but comes in like 15 flavors (root beer, grape, fake mt dew, etc).

I was drinking Zevia for a while (didn't particularly like it by itself, but it was okay as a mixer), but hasn't that form of the stevia leaf been linked to strokes? I quit it after that. I think the pure stevia leaf is okay, but the processed form of stevia often added for flavoring can have detrimental effects.

Diet Rite is a soda that doesn't have aspartame, though who knows what else is in it?

diet pop is the worst. regular pop is pretty bad too the older i get although i will crave a cold fountain pepsi once every 6 months or so. drinking pop or iced tea, even water, out of a plastic bottle is impossible for me. if i had too, a cold can over anything in a plastic bottle.

although i still drink brewed iced tea at restaurants and put in sugar so that is probably doing just as much harm as anything..

Bruh, go ahead and take health advice from meathead bros at your own peril. Lol. Are you going to post Joe Rogan next?

Lol, hilarious. I 100% knew you were discrediting them because of how they look. It's freaking clockwork with your ilk.

You could listen to what these doctors have to say, but, again, they're big Caucasian men with muscles so they must be dumb dumbs. Hey, that must save you a lot of time. All you have to do is look at a person to know if they're right or not.

Reactions: PANTHERAN
Lol, hilarious. I 100% knew you were discrediting them because of how they look. It's freaking clockwork with your ilk.

You could listen to what these doctors have to say, but, again, they're big Caucasian men with muscles so they must be dumb dumbs. Hey, that must save you a lot of time. All you have to do is look at a person to know if they're right or not.
I like JD, but he generally prefers his Caucasians weaker - the Fauci types.

Water 1st but if you must, beer , the real stuff, not light, not too much, forget about soda.

Bruh, go ahead and take health advice from meathead bros at your own peril. Lol. Are you going to post Joe Rogan next?
That meathead has a phd in sport physiology, was a professor at Temple, and has published several studies. I even saved this video at the most relevant part for you, give it a quick 60 second watch.

That meathead has a phd in sport physiology, was a professor at Temple, and has published several studies. I even saved this video at the most relevant part for you, give it a quick 60 second watch.

I was aware who he was. He got the "diet soda makes people fat" part correct.

A few diet pops as a mixer to replace super sugary things like margarita mix on the weekends won't hurt you. The problems come from when people suck down 10 diet cokes a day.

You definitely want to chose a brand that uses organic aspartame. It costs a little more but I like knowing my aspartame is ethically sourced and free of any worrisome chemicals.
I only drink diet soda that is made with locally sourced aspartame and water from the Mon.

Yeah if you drink like 80 cans a day 😂😂😂😂😂

The fear mongering content is out of control

I only drink diet soda that is made with locally sourced aspartame and water from the Mon.

F that; the Mon went cheap and changed its ingredients. Way too light on the PFAS. For the most part, you can barely get a tumor that is larger than a baseball from that water these days. I mean, yeah - you MIGHT get a cantaloupe-sized one protruding from your neck if you're lucky, but who wants to have to win the lottery when it comes to their beverage choices? That's why I'm back on Roundup Zero. It's both refreshing and wildly carcinogenic.

Let's leave the Mon for carp, boat-owning dudes with no personality who want to impress chicks with no personality, and a de facto burial ground for homeless men who over-indulge and somehow end up in it.

F that; the Mon went cheap and changed its ingredients. Way too light on the PFAS. For the most part, you can barely get a tumor that is larger than a baseball from that water these days. I mean, yeah - you MIGHT get a cantaloupe-sized one protruding from your neck if you're lucky, but who wants to have to win the lottery when it comes to their beverage choices? That's why I'm back on Roundup Zero. It's both refreshing and wildly carcinogenic.

Let's leave the Mon for carp, boat-owning dudes with no personality who want to impress chicks with no personality, and a de facto burial ground for homeless men who over-indulge and somehow end up in it.
Don't worry, we're about to get Mon Classic now that Chevron is dead.

Yeah if you drink like 80 cans a day 😂😂😂😂😂

The fear mongering content is out of control

Or one a day by who is counting.

In case you are struggling with the math, that's 79 less than 80.

All this talk about artificial additives and chemicals put into foods makes me think of the 1970s. Yea to ingredient labels that are hard to pronounce; and all hail to the chemists for better food.

Living past age 70 is over rated anyway, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT