ADVERTISEMENT

Dior Johnson

Top 40 player in the country. Mississippi St, Washington St, and Pitt - Final 3.
Yeah, does anyone have a clue on this guy. top 40 player, top 7 PG, 10 high schools in 4 years, committed and decommitted from Cuse and Oregon.

And now we’re in his top 3 along with Miss St and Wash St. Hard to predict anything based on geography, conference, etc.

He had Washington before yet committed to Oregon. Backs off that commitment to put Washington State on his list. Even if he committed to Pitt there is no way you could trust he stays more than a weekend.

If the program was in a better place, this would be a guy you pass on. With where we’re at though, we aren’t in a position to pass on anyone. Very talented player but everything about his journey screams trouble.

Having never heard of this guy, I thought this might be a OT post that Diontae Johnson of the Steelers had changed his name in AB “Sleazy Money” fashion, to align with his preposterous assertion that he deserves elite receiver money (fittingly, my phone fell out of my hands while composing this message).

As ridiculous as that scenario is, it seems far more plausible that the likelihood of this situation.

The most bizarre top 3 I've ever seen for a Top 40 player. Obviously you take him if he commits but there is literally a 90% chance he transfers after 1 season so you get a 2nd shot to get him.

Lots of red flags, but beggars can’t be choosy.

I agree. At the same time, I've read a handful of Capel apologists who have said that we shouldn't hold the locker room rifts against him because he was really backed against the wall in that first year and was "stuck" with Johnson, McGowens, and Toney. As I said at the time, it's not like he was going to conduct a thorough psychological evaluation on them if he had more time to recruit.

I think this, as well as some other recruits we have been in on, basically proves the point that we're going to chase any talent we can get. This isn't some well-oiled machine, where we are looking for the perfect pieces to fit in. Love it or hate it, Capel is more about the Duke philosophy: Find as much talent as you can, and let it play out on the court.

He will be a Panther. Instantly becomes team’s most talented player. For how long? Who knows
Moves Nelly to the 2 where he’s played more as a secondary or co-primary ballhandler, and moves one of Sibande or Burton to a role where they can be a really solid 6 man off the bench.

He’s a one and done (probably whether his play this year warrants it or not), but it lifts the ceiling tremendously. We all know what the floor is anyway.

Reactions: Drew1208
Moves Nelly to the 2 where he’s played more as a secondary or co-primary ballhandler, and moves one of Sibande or Burton to a role where they can be a really solid 6 man off the bench.

He’s a one and done (probably whether his play this year warrants it or not), but it lifts the ceiling tremendously. We all know what the floor is anyway.
Yeah I mean they absolutely have to take him at this stage. Completely negates their strategy of going older though. Definitely Nike off the bench imo. Not very good anyway and coming off ACL

Yeah I mean they absolutely have to take him at this stage. Completely negates their strategy of going older though. Definitely Nike off the bench imo. Not very good anyway and coming off ACL
Yeah, Dior/Nelly/Burton is a pretty interesting grouping in the backcourt. Hoping Hinson is cleared. It’s an interesting group.

6 wins … might as well donate that 100 to hoops now 😂
This staff was able to get the second best player in the ACC, Xavier johnson, AUDIESE Toney, Ithiel Horton and Femi odukale to 6 wins.

I’ll keep my hundred and double it to 200 if Dior actually finishes the season as a Panther. This group isn’t NEARLY as talented as that

This staff was able to get the second best player in the ACC, Xavier johnson, AUDIESE Toney, Ithiel Horton and Femi odukale to 6 wins.

I’ll keep my hundred and double it to 200 if Dior actually finishes the season as a Panther. This group isn’t NEARLY as talented as that

I love X but there was never a time where he was the 2nd best player in the conference.

Two points.

Talent doesn't stop at the top couple of players.

There's no doubt games were lost because X/Toney were trying to freeze out JC. He was obviously frustrated at times because of it. You can't win with that going on and not having more options to bench X more was another issue.

definitely not great but I think there are circumstances you could argue both ways with that. It’s on Capel.. but bro code is a pretty simple thing to follow. All was well before that.. they were rolling to start conference play.

Dior is a 1 and done. He’s the best player out of the bunch when looking at both teams. If you don’t think that, well you can’t really argue Dior, Hugley and JC are the top 3. So this year has two of the top guys when looking at both teams.

2022-23 has more unknown commodities but saying this team isn’t nearly talented as 2 years ago is very bold. I don’t see it that way at all.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
definitely not great but I think there are circumstances you could argue both ways with that. It’s on Capel.. but bro code is a pretty simple thing to follow. All was well before that.. they were rolling to start conference play.

Dior is a 1 and done. He’s the best player out of the bunch when looking at both teams. If you don’t think that, well you can’t really argue Dior, Hugley and JC are the top 3. So this year has two of the top guys when looking at both teams.

2022-23 has more unknown commodities but saying this team isn’t nearly talented as 2 years ago is very bold. I don’t see it that way at all.
I’d take JC over Dior or Hugley. Bigs are a luxury and Dior has tons of red flags.

ADVERTISEMENT