ADVERTISEMENT

Do you know what is really PATHETIC about this situation?

That Pitt's Administration tore down their historic ON CAMPUS FOOTBALL STADIUM for this disaster. Really, think about how moronically pathetic this decision was.

Pitt, run by the DUMBEST "Smart People" who walk the face of the earth.
The glory days of the 90’s in which we won 2-4 games per year in front of 10k people. The irony of you calling others “DUMB” is priceless.

The glory days of the 90’s in which we won 2-4 games per year in front of 10k people. The irony of you calling others “DUMB” is priceless.

You have to be a PAID Propaganist for Pitt's Administration to type that response. Whose fault is it that Pitt let the best college football program in the nation from 1975 - 1984 deteriorate to the 1990's level you reference? Pitt's. So, admit you're a Pitt Social media paid crony and then please stop spewing your garbage.

Pitt run by the DUMBEST "Smart People" to walk the face of the earth.

You have to be a PAID Propaganist for Pitt's Administration to type that response. Whose fault is it that Pitt let the best college football program in the nation from 1975 - 1984 deteriorate to the 1990's level you reference? Pitt's. So, admit you're a Pitt Social media paid crony and then please stop spewing your garbage.

Pitt played in front of 15k people numerous times in the 80’s and this was shortly after their great run in football. Pitt fans suck. We saw the same thing happen in basketball. Playing at Pitt Stadium had no impact on attendance. Winning big and more importantly playing ND, WV, and PS move the needle in football. STFU stupid.

Pitt played in front of 15k people numerous times in the 80’s and this was shortly after their great run in football. Pitt fans suck. We saw the same thing happen in basketball. Playing at Pitt Stadium had no impact on attendance. Winning big and more importantly playing ND, WV, and PS move the needle in football. STFU stupid.

Now we're back on the corporate message:. It's the fans fault! Pitt fans "suck" because we don't support a shitty product.

Actually, Pitt is very fortunate it has the level of support it does with the terrible teams it has rolled out over the past 30 years.

Now we're back on the corporate message:. It's the fans fault! Pitt fans "suck" because we don't support a shitty product.

Actually, Pitt is very fortunate it has the level of support it does with the terrible teams it has rolled out over the past 30 years.
I was actually in Pitt Stadium watching the games in person from 1985-the closing of Pitt Stadium. What about you?

I was actually in Pitt Stadium watching the games in person from 1985-the closing of Pitt Stadium. What about you?

Between 1982-1999 I probably missed less than 10 games over that span, and there were definitely some lean years in there. Those of us that were there regularly in the mid 90’s almost deserve some sort of medal for our participation as it was that brutal.

Try not missing more than 10 games from 1965 - when Dixon left and/or now in football? I am amused by those who criticize the programs but aren't old enough to be really loyal Pitt fans, through the good and bad years over 6 decades.

Reactions: rickey643
I saw my first game at Pitt Stadium in 1968. I was there when Pitt came back from a huge halftime deficit to beat a Bobby Bowden coached WVU team. I was in attendance when Dorset ran for 303 against Notre Dame in 1975 and I saw every home game from 1973 - 1982. Finally, I was in attendance for the last game against Notre Dame and the stupid box of cheers.

I saw my first game at Pitt Stadium in 1968. I was there when Pitt came back from a huge halftime deficit to beat a Bobby Bowden coached WVU team. I was in attendance when Dorset ran for 303 against Notre Dame in 1975 and I saw every home game from 1973 - 1982. Finally, I was in attendance for the last game against Notre Dame and the stupid box of cheers.
That’s great but Pitt Stadium was a dump by the mid-80s. Pitt football is way better off at Heinz Field.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther

You are correct. Playing in Pitt stadium did not have an impact on attendance. I was an undergrad from 84-88. Pretty much went to all games ever since.

Reactions: giveitarest
The Pete could have been built on the lower campus back then! I respectfully disagree
Personally, I think it would’ve been cool if they copied Oklahoma State and reconfigured Pitt Stadium into a horseshoe that opened up into the basketball arena. We went to the Pitt-oSu game in 2016 and I thought their setup was pretty cool. Not sure there would’ve been enough room for all of that in the hillside, though, even factoring in the loss of the track.

Last edited:
Should have tore down, did major renovations to make it about 40-45K, held the big games at Heinz.

Reactions: Parkview57
Should have tore down, did major renovations to make it about 40-45K, held the big games at Heinz.

This is the worst suggestion ever. If you have a 40-45K stadium, its YOURS. You don’t play games at Heinz in a shared facility.

Pitt could make up some of the revenue by charging more for season tickets in a 40k stadium as there’d actually be demand for them.

That you have to micro target to a 9 season sample is telling

This is the worst suggestion ever. If you have a 40-45K stadium, its YOURS. You don’t play games at Heinz in a shared facility.

Pitt could make up some of the revenue by charging more for season tickets in a 40k stadium as there’d actually be demand for them.
There wouldn’t be
We have literally 90 years of evidence

Reactions: buckage

Reading comprehension on this has not been particularly good ...

Not my lifetime. No it doesn't, it was a stupid decision.
If only your 16 year absence could have curtailed it
The 5k regulars didn’t care in your absence
I’m glad to have a better viewing experience at Heinz

what’s actually pathetic is pining over a stadium decision made 25 years ago
In a stadium that was a dump for at least 35 years

Last edited:
That you have to micro target to a 9 season sample is telling

He's also hoping that no one notices that the last year of his string of great years was, without a doubt, the most disappointing season in Pitt football history. Unless he thinks that going 3-7-1 in a season that many predicted us to win the national championship is the kind of thing everyone is longing for.

So Pitt should have two football stadiums and no basketball arena?
I think the Syria Mosque site would have been the perfect place for an arena, had UPMC not been sitting on it back in 2000. But I still take the Pete over Pitt Stadium as it was in the late 90s.

In hindsight, yes. Wouldn't even need to go to Heinz. It would have been easier to fit a 8k-10k BB arena in somewhere else.

The Pete is nice, but design is the biggest waste of space for a 12k seat arena. You don't build shit like that when you're strapped for land.

Reactions: Jeffburgh

Please! The crowds at Heinz exaggerated to a whopping 35,000 are no bigger than the crowds at Pitt Stadium. Yes, Notre Dame, WVU and Penn State will sellout any facility here in the burg. Narduzzi is not packing in the paying customers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT