ADVERTISEMENT

Does that make sense?

I'm eager to see this new offense. I believe Yarnell will be a step up. Does that make sense? Right.

I can’t believe Narduzzi didn’t have a stroke when Bell talked about actual injuries.

I do love the energy from the guy though. Let’s hope the offense can match it.

H2P

Dude is a bundle of energy.

I'm torn between whether I want him to get public speaking coaching, or just let him be him. I'm sure he doesn't even realize he's saying "right" or "does that make sense" until he watches video of his press conference. Just a nervous tic because he's not used to the media group.

The players have to love Coach Bell. So much enthusiasm. Going to be fascinating to see whether he can get his offense to work this season.

Go Pitt.

The players have to love Coach Bell.
Unless you are not the #1 QB and he points out your deficiencies in a high energy, oh shucks, backward kind of way, being forthright is fine, but he needs to keep certain things between he and the team, IMO.

An example is the last guy he mentions...."He is in high school...blah, blah blah..." ... Well, no he isn't, he is in college like the the others he is competing with, who the heck wants the coach to say that? How about..."With him, it's all about the speed of the game, everyone goes through it, the speed of the game is light years ahead of anything he has seen so getting reps is what it's all about for him.." No mention of being a high schooler, I can't see any of those other QB's loving what he shared about where they are at....talk about specifics of the offense if you need to say something, not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th guys deficiencies.... These are college guys, Right?

P.S. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Unless you are not the #1 QB and he points out your deficiencies in a high energy, oh shucks, backward kind of way, being forthright is fine, but he needs to keep certain things between he and the team, IMO.

An example is the last guy he mentions...."He is in high school...blah, blah blah..." ... Well, no he isn't, he is in college like the the others he is competing with, who the heck wants the coach to say that? How about..."With him, it's all about the speed of the game, everyone goes through it, the speed of the game is light years ahead of anything he has seen so getting reps is what it's all about for him.." No mention of being a high schooler, I can't see any of those other QB's loving what he shared about where they are at....talk about specifics of the offense if you need to say something, not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th guys deficiencies.... These are college guys, Right?

P.S. Does that make sense?
No, it makes no sense.

Dugger is a high school senior acting as a college freshman. I 100% guarantee that Bell is not saying anything in a press conference that he isn't saying in private and that Dugger took 0% offense at the comments. The same is true of all of them. There is no need to pussyfoot around these players.

Pardon my ignernce- but do the rules allow summer organized practices? He talks about Spring, then “when we come back in Summer we’ll start at the beginning again, then in Fall ball” (paraphrasing).

Reactions: Parkview57
Pardon my ignernce- but do the rules allow summer organized practices? He talks about Spring, then “when we come back in Summer we’ll start at the beginning again, then in Fall ball” (paraphrasing).
Ummmm...kinda. Ever school has workouts in the summer. They're not allowed full practices but they lift and work on different skills. Have meetings. Watch film. There really isn't much time off for anyone in sports when you're in that deep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT