ADVERTISEMENT

Does the ACCs referee commander center exist to make sure Miami keeps winning?

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
They keep using it late in games to help the hurricanes. Just overturned a Louisville TD.

Theoretically, it will be used to help out Pitt as well.

S
Yes. Evidenced by the fact that the ESPN rules expert said it should be overturned. And it was overturned.

What are we doing here?
So if a QBs arm is hit before his arm moves forward, and it's not clear if he has control, and the call on the field is a fumble, it's ok to overturn?

S

So if a QBs arm is hit before his arm moves forward, and it's not clear if he has control, and the call on the field is a fumble, it's ok to overturn?

No, that would be a fumble.

You’re editorializing with “not clear he has control.”

It was crystal clear.

Everybody on the tv agreed.

You guys have got to stop with the weekly conspiracies.

Why would you try so hard to find this dark shadow over the game you love?

Reactions: Phillypanther2
No, that would be a fumble.

You’re editorializing with “not clear he has control.”

It was crystal clear.

You guys have got to stop with the weekly conspiracies.

Why would you try so hard to find this dark shadow over the game you love?

The review was correct. The missed blatant holding call in the open field on an earlier Miami long pass is tougher to explain....
Agreed I thought that was a forward pass in real time and it looked like a pass on replay. The ball doesn't go 8 yards down the field in the air if the arm isn't moving forward when it is hit. Didn't see anything controversial about that call. That missed hold was criminal. Right in front of the referee.

S

First replay I saw I thought it was a fumble. 2nd replay clearly showed it was an incomplete pass.

Who knows, there might be a conspiracy…but the play was ultimately ruled correctly.

The review was correct. The missed blatant holding call in the open field on an earlier Miami long pass is tougher to explain....

Just a missed call. Doesn’t need an explanation. There’s lots of them in every game.

The Louisville TD in the 4th quarter was maybe the most egregious WR pick play I’ve ever seen. The Lville WR literally jumps into the legs of the defender when he realized his route wasn’t going to naturally take him into the path of the defender. I’ve never seen anything like it.

It wasn’t called and TD Louisville.

It happens. It’s not a conspiracy against either team. Just incompetency.

It was crystal clear.

I was on my way home from the basketball practice this afternoon and was listening to the game on Sirius/XM. It was the Louisville broadcast. Even the Louisville radio announcers said that it was clearly a forward pass. In fact as their player was running the ball in for the touchdown the PxP guy was even saying then, before the guy even scored, that it was going to get called back. And then as soon as they saw a replay both guys in the booth agreed that it was obviously a forward pass and not a fumble.

So yeah, clearly an officiating conspiracy to benefit Miami.

Reactions: cashisking884
I was on my way home from the basketball practice this afternoon and was listening to the game on Sirius/XM. It was the Louisville broadcast. Even the Louisville radio announcers said that it was clearly a forward pass. In fact as their player was running the ball in for the touchdown the PxP guy was even saying then, before the guy even scored, that it was going to get called back. And then as soon as they saw a replay both guys in the booth agreed that it was obviously a forward pass and not a fumble.

So yeah, clearly an officiating conspiracy to benefit Miami.

I looked around to try to find you today but didn't spot you.

Agreed I thought that was a forward pass in real time and it looked like a pass on replay. The ball doesn't go 8 yards down the field in the air if the arm isn't moving forward when it is hit. Didn't see anything controversial about that call. That missed hold was criminal. Right in front of the referee.
Well it does if the guys arm is strong enough. He definitely got hit before passing but his hands and arm were strong enough to hold onto it until his arm moved forward. Right call....tough break.

Also, the conspiracy guys have to stop being so obsessed with the “call on the field.”

The best defense to the original poster’s point by somebody who isnt the original poster is: I think it’s probably the correct call, but based on this standard that goes beyond even that of the criminal justice system, I’m not confident enough to say for sure.

We want refs not blowing their whistles on those plays. They are taught to let the play play out and let replay determine it. But don’t kill the play by ruling it dead.

You can’t make a call based on instant replay getting it right, and then argue instant replay should be giving this insane deference to the call on the field. That’s basically a real life spider man meme.

Last edited:
Also, complaining about the refs and conspiracies on this play is funny in light of the officiating insanity that happened in Texas-UGA. Where is that thread at?

That’s the best example of every seen in my life of a call being overturned based on factors outside the merits of the actual call.

You can lose control and still push the ball forward.
Physics be damned...he had the ball controlled in his hand as his arm started forward. This is called incomplete 100% of the time and has nothing to do with some silly ACC conspiracy theory..

Watching Texas-UGA halftime show last night, they didn’t even show this play in the Miami-Lville highlights. They didn’t talk about it on the Cover 3 podcast recap show. And that recap show is like an hour and a half where they just talk about everythinggggg.

It’s a controversial overturn only to those who truly want there to be a conspiracy.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Watching Texas-UGA halftime show last night, they didn’t even show this play in the Miami-Lville highlights. They didn’t talk about it on the Cover 3 podcast recap show. And that recap show is like an hour and a half where they just talk about everythinggggg.

It’s a controversial overturn only to those who truly want there to be a conspiracy.
It’s the world we live in. Everything is now a conspiracy for so many. What a way to go through life.

You certainly can. But that isn’t what happened on this one.
gonna need a video example on that one...especially in the case of a defender hitting your arm in the opposite direction of the ball movement...this was the standard case of the refs being pretty much certain it was incomplete but letting the play play out just in case...no second ACC command center over turner on the grassy knoll.

In the NFL, that’s a fumble based on the empty hand moving forward. He clearly didn’t have control as his arm moved forward to release the ball. That wasn’t a throw in any sense of the word. The NFL might be more aggressive in calling this a fumble than college. I agree that not blowing the whistle was the right call since it allowed replay options to change the call. But the announcer kept saying it was incomplete because his arm started forward. Coming forward without full possession of the ball is moot in the pros but maybe that’s the rule in college.

Last edited:
I looked around to try to find you today but didn't spot you.

I was there early because I went to the women's practice that happened beforehand, so I was sitting in the front row, to the left of center court. I also looked for you when I got up to leave at the end, but I didn't see you either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT