ADVERTISEMENT

Does the almost 7 year drought of post-season play

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
Affect the true vision (in Pitt fans' eyes) of how good the 2022-2023 Pitt Men's BB squad is? Watching this squad play seems a bit like going on a trek across a huge desert, and seeing a pond and palm trees in the distance. Is it a real oasis or just a mirage?

What I do know is this year's team is a more talented and entertaining group to watch, compared to the squads we had from 2017 to the present. And with the exception of last night's second half, the team has been pretty cohesive over the past few weeks.

Of course, time will tell if we find an oasis or a mirage and the end of the "trek". I pray it's the former, as I would hate to see another sub .500 season

Reactions: jctrack
Yes. They will play in the postseason. Where? Ask me after Saturday. If they can recover and beat GT, who I know already has the same gameplan as Duke (should I tell Pitt, yes I think so), then they could be for real and an NCAA team. Won’t be a death knell if they lose but the skepticism will grow.

Yes. They will play in the postseason. Where? Ask me after Saturday. If they can recover and beat GT, who I know already has the same gameplan as Duke (should I tell Pitt, yes I think so), then they could be for real and an NCAA team. Won’t be a death knell if they lose but the skepticism will grow.

The difference between the First Four and missing the NIT is only 2-3 games though.

20-11 13-7 Dayton
19-12 12-8 NIT or maybe Dayton
18-13 11-9 NIT
17-14 10-10 may not make the NIT

If I am counting correctly, Pitt has 5 more regular season opportunities to earn a Quad 1 win going forward. With 4 already in the bank, would we need 3 more to solidify any kind of post-season berth, regardless of the final record? Providing the overall record is above .500, of course ...

ADVERTISEMENT