ADVERTISEMENT

Does this (hypothetical) team win a natty?

Oct 25, 2021
It's my Narudzzi Pitt All-Star team (guys coached by him--not necessarily recruited by him).

QB: Kenny Pickett
RB: James Conner
WR: Tyler Boyd, Maurice Ffrench, Jordan Addison
OL: Brian O'Neill, Dorian Johnson, Jimmy Morrissey, Jake Kradel, Adam Bisnowaty
TE: JP Holtz

DE: Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver
DT: Calijah Kancey, Jaylen Twyman
LB: Cam Bright, SirVocea Dennis, Kylan Johnson
S: Jordan Whitehead, Damar Hamlin
CB: Avonte Maddox, Damarri Mathis

You get the last (or most recent) season at Pitt out of them. Do they win a championship? My heart tells me yes, but my mind tells me that some of those SEC (among a few others) schools still have more talent on their current rosters.

Apologies if I have any glaring omissions. You can also make any substitutions, if you please. Obviously there is some leeway there with offensive formations (i.e. two tight ends or something).

I didn't realize Madden 22 has 8-10 college teams but they are all-time teams. They don't have Pitt but an all-time Pitt team may be the best team on the game. What would the lineup be?

QB - Marino
RB - Martin
WR - Fitzgerald, Boyd
TE - Ditka
OL - May, Fralic

D
Donald
Sheard
Revis
Rickey Jackson
Hamilton
Siragusa

Reactions: Patches_OHoulihan
Pinnock would be hard not to play (college level) over Maddox. Even though I love maddox.

Pinnock and Dane Jackson would have been my next two in line (not sure the order, though). I think Maddox is likely the best player of the three, but he very well may not fit this scheme best.

It's my Narudzzi Pitt All-Star team (guys coached by him--not necessarily recruited by him).

You get the last (or most recent) season at Pitt out of them. Do they win a championship? My heart tells me yes, but my mind tells me that some of those SEC (among a few others) schools still have more talent on their current rosters.

Apologies if I have any glaring omissions. You can also make any substitutions, if you please. Obviously there is some leeway there with offensive formations (i.e. two tight ends or something).

I would say if we had just Hamlin, Whitehead & Mathis (at least 2 of the 3) this year we might have been in the playoffs. Can't see Miami & WMU passing all over those guys.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Biggest issue would be the trenches. That OL would get absolutely steamrolled by both teams we saw on Monday. I’m not sure how well the DL would hold up either.

Reactions: sonofabit
Biggest issue would be the trenches. That OL would get absolutely steamrolled by both teams we saw on Monday. I’m not sure how well the DL would hold up either.

Yeah, big difference between a "really good college player" and a 1st or 2nd round pick. I suspect the Pitt team would have less holes but not as much high-end talent. Some of those ridiculous receivers against our secondary might also concern me, but I think the trenches would really be the question. But I don't know that it necessarily makes it a slam dunk either.

I didn't realize Madden 22 has 8-10 college teams but they are all-time teams. They don't have Pitt but an all-time Pitt team may be the best team on the game. What would the lineup be?

QB - Marino
RB - Martin
WR - Fitzgerald, Boyd
TE - Ditka
OL - May, Fralic

D
Donald
Sheard
Revis
Rickey Jackson
Hamilton
Siragusa
Martin over Dorsett? Are you drunk, high, or stupid?

I didn't follow 2021 UGA very much so I'll go off the last NC roster I know. I don't think this team is better than the 2020 Alabama team.

- Pickett and Mac Jones were similar, maybe Mac is slightly better.
- Najee is better at RB.
- While Addison might be better than Devonta Smith (2020 offenses had a huge advantage because of COVID and Alabama had a historically crazy passing funnel to Smith), Jaylen Waddle and others make that a deeper and overall better group.
- OL is probably a push. Their interior is better (Dickerson/Leatherwood) but our OT are better.

Their defense is better, particularly at DT with Barmore and CB with Surtain. Their LB are marginally better. I assume their depth would be much better.

Ditka would beat that team!

QB - Marino
RB - Martin
WR - Fitzgerald, Boyd
TE - Ditka
OL - May, Fralic

D
Donald
Sheard
Revis
Rickey Jackson
Hamilton
Siragusa
Who’s that guy who played at the other end from Ricky?

An All-Time Pitt offense would be one of the best.

QB - Marino
RB - Dorsett
TE - Ditka
WR - Fitzgerald
WR - Bryant
WR - Boyd
OT - Fralic
G - Covert (moved him over a position)
C - Sweeney
G - Grimm
T - May

Since you have NIL and the unlimited transfer portal, why not have unlimited eligibility too, guys who are good but not NFL good can take 3 credits a semester and get paid to play 10-12 years.

Since you have NIL and the unlimited transfer portal, why not have unlimited eligibility too, guys who are good but not NFL good can take 3 credits a semester and get paid to play 10-12 years.

Someone on here said, and I agree, that eventually players will sue the NCAA to keep playing so they can continue to earn a living. The 4 year college athletics model is arbitrarily set. A college player can make the case that he needs 8 years to graduate so that he can really focus on a real major and not some of the majors that are designed to keep players eligible. 2-3 classes per semester.

Someone on here said, and I agree, that eventually players will sue the NCAA to keep playing so they can continue to earn a living. The 4 year college athletics model is arbitrarily set. A college player can make the case that he needs 8 years to graduate so that he can really focus on a real major and not some of the majors that are designed to keep players eligible. 2-3 classes per semester.
Like John Blutarsky said, "7 years of college down the drain", but then it paid off for him, he became a US Senator and married the homecoming queen, oven though his GPA was 0.0.

Last edited:
Martin over Dorsett? Are you drunk, high, or stupid?
If we're talking NFL production only and you were building a team from the bottom up, then probably.

More Touchdowns
More rushing yards
Far fewer fumbles (102 vs 32)
10-straight 1,000+ yard seasons
7 seasons over 80 yards/game
and he did the vast majority of it on the Jets, not a loaded Dallas team.

As for the original question, they would definitely make the playoffs and I'd put my money on the NC win. But I'd only be 55% certain.

QB - Marino
RB - Martin
WR - Fitzgerald, Boyd
TE - Ditka
OL - May, Fralic

D
Donald
Sheard
Revis
Rickey Jackson
Hamilton
Siragusa
Hugh Green and Tony, not pleased

Since O’Neill, Johnson, bisnawaty, bookser , (who I’d put in there) more than held there own vs the clemson 2016 defense I’d disagree with that and officer at center but Morrissy is fine

QB - Marino
RB - Martin
WR - Fitzgerald, Boyd
TE - Ditka
OL - May, Fralic

D
Donald
Sheard
Revis
Rickey Jackson
Hamilton
Siragusa