ADVERTISEMENT

Duke (7-3) +8 @Pitt (6-4)

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
Pitt starts are an 8 point favorite over Duke.

Duke has losses to Georgia tech and UNC (sound familiar). Vegas must like the way Pitt is coming together

ESPN predictor has us at 67.8% chance to win

ACCN nooner for all you old fogies who don't want to be out too late. Tac Shavers, bacon cookers, copper cookware, and Shatner peddling medicare for all you out of towners.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonofabit
Well, it's going to be cold on Saturday (high 33 and probably in the high 20's at gametime). Maybe Duke doesn't like that. But 8 point favorite for Pitt is too much. Closer to 3.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

Duke has losses to Georgia tech and UNC (sound familiar). Vegas must like the way Pitt is coming together

ACCN nooner for all you old fogies who don't want to be out too late. Tac Shavers, bacon cookers, copper cookware, and Shatner peddling medicare for all you out of towners.

I called to check my zip code.

Well, it's going to be cold on Saturday (high 33 and probably in the high 20's at gametime). Maybe Duke doesn't like that. But 8 point favorite for Pitt is too much. Closer to 3.
Here's the thing. Our offense cannot score more than 20. Duke has a good QB. Can we win a 20-10 game? Maybe. But I dont like this one. We own Duke though

Reactions: jctrack
I like Pitt in this one. The defense is playing nasty.

As much as they had to carry on their shoulders to keep Pitt in games this year, I was afraid they might lose their edge after the UNC loss shot any chance of winning the Coastal. They are still playing with intensity, dishing out pain, and seem to be having fun doing it

cannot believe you left out Lume feminine crotch odor neutralizer. Always a mixed gender group watching the game crowd pleaser..

Does Duke have the athletes to really give us trouble? They like to run, and you can't really do that against us. Their QB seems decent, but are their receivers all that great? I doubt it.

Should all come down to whether our offenses is only pissing down its own leg (UVA, WVU, etc.) or if it's vomiting in it's own lap while shitting itself (GT, Louisville, etc.).

Does Duke have the athletes to really give us trouble? They like to run, and you can't really do that against us. Their QB seems decent, but are their receivers all that great? I doubt it.

Should all come down to whether our offenses is only pissing down its own leg (UVA, WVU, etc.) or if it's vomiting in it's own lap while shitting itself (GT, Louisville, etc.).
Your analysis of the GT game made me think of this..

I absolutely love noon games.

Im shocked by the 8 point favorite

Duke is well coached.

But they still only rank 12th in the ACC in talent according to 247.

They aren’t some elite juggernaut.

27-13 Pitt. HailtoPitt! To a few posters that post continuously but post negatively, you are noticed. You are not the Pitt faithful majority. You are the loud obnoxious minority. HAILTOPITT

Reactions: Teh Teh
27-13 Pitt. HailtoPitt! To a few posters that post continuously but post negatively, you are noticed. You are not the Pitt faithful majority. You are the loud obnoxious minority. HAILTOPITT

It is the same person I guess with numerous handles. But, I still dont know how we are favored by 8 points in this game. We have not played well all year. We usually do get a 200 yard runner against Duke, and I would be shocked if Duke isnt playing with 8-9 guys in the box to stop Izzy (which they have done before and still failed)

But, I still dont know how we are favored by 8 points in this game.

Because Duke is not actually very good. Their best win all season is Miami. Their second best win is, well, I'm not sure who exactly it would be, because all the rest of the teams they have beaten are bad. And they've also lost to Kansas and Georgia Tech, one of whom is decent and the other of whom is bad.

So take your paycheck and bet it on........

I don't really bet anymore, but if I did I may very well have money on Pitt this weekend. Just like I said you should have had money on Pitt last weekend and the weekend before if that was your thing. And for the exact same reason. The opponents all stink.

Eight seems like a lot to me because Pitt's quarterback play is so questionable.

I have no problem with someone saying something like "our quarterbacks make me feel like 7.5 (the current number) is too much". I mean there are always going to be people on both sides of the number.

I'm just commenting on the "I can't believe it's that high" folks. It's that high because we are better than Duke and we are at home. Given that both of those are true the spread is in the ball park of what someone should have expected.

That doesn't mean that we will cover, or heck, even win. After all, we are better than Georgia Tech and that was at home too, and how did that turn out? I'm just saying that I don't see how the expectation wouldn't have been somewhere around a touchdown.

Reactions: Parkview57
Here's the thing. Our offense cannot score more than 20. Duke has a good QB. Can we win a 20-10 game? Maybe. But I dont like this one. We own Duke though
Pretty much agree. Sadly, I would take just about every team in this conference's offense over ours strictly because we are so one dimensional. That includes Duke. On the other hand, I would take our defense over nearly every team, if not every team in the conference. Having said this, I haven't really seen Duke this year, but, if they have a D-line good enough that it doesn't get blasted and they stack the box, I think 20 points is our max offensive output unless the defense scores. I see something like 17-13, and really doubt we cover. One thing I can guarantee is if we do cover, it will be because the defense dominates again.

Because Duke is not actually very good. Their best win all season is Miami. Their second best win is, well, I'm not sure who exactly it would be, because all the rest of the teams they have beaten are bad. And they've also lost to Kansas and Georgia Tech, one of whom is decent and the other of whom is bad.
And Miami destroys us almost without fail.

And unfortunately our best win is against Syracuse who lost four in a row. other wins are against Virginia 3-7, Va.Tech 2-8, WVU 4-6, WMU 3-7 and FCS opponent Rhode Island. Our best performance was actually in a loss against Tennessee on ot. With that being said I like Pitt over Duke because our defense is hitting their stride and the running game should put enough on the board to win.

And unfortunately our best win is against Syracuse who lost four in a row. other wins are against Virginia 3-7, Va.Tech 2-8, WVU 4-6, WMU 3-7 and FCS opponent Rhode Island. Our best performance was actually in a loss against Tennessee on ot. With that being said I like Pitt over Duke because our defense is hitting their stride and the running game should put enough on the board to win.
Good God, I didn't really think about it, but, we are a bad football team at 6-4. Our best win is against a bad Cuse team and we have lost to a bottom feeding GT, and a below average louisville team. What a sad season this has turned into and now we lost our future QB. Amazing how the arrow can be pointing up, and 11 months later we are cratering. I don't think we will have much of a home field advantage, due to weather and indifference, so to me this Duke game is a toss-up. Definitely take Duke and the points.

Thought 8 was a bit high to start. Guess will come down by game time. Pitt has good chance with improved kicker as long as they don’t turn it over.

There definitely won't be many Pitt fans at the game on Saturday. Gametime temps in the 20's, probably windy. Add to that an apathetic fanbase and another mediocre season and team to watch and maybe they'll be 30,000 there if we're lucky.

I'll be Captain Obvious and say, the Panthers have a good defense and a meh offense. Based on this I'm saying Duke doesn't score more than 17.

Pitt 24 - 17

Yeah, true, our wins over Alabama and OSU must be the reason

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT