ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs UVA

I told my buddy who was so high on Duke after that Kentucky game that nobody on UVa could start for Duke and yet, UVa will beat them. I pretty much hate UVa. I think Bennett is bad for the game.

I told my buddy who was so high on Duke after that Kentucky game that nobody on UVa could start for Duke and yet, UVa will beat them. I pretty much hate UVa. I think Bennett is bad for the game.
How Bennett develops and runs his program is the blueprint for any team with less talent to have a chance to compete against the best. That’s the only way a team like Pitt had a chance under Dixon.

Reactions: freddietee511
Don't worry. Another UMBC will be lurking around the corner waiting for them in the tourney

DeAndre Hunter starts and Ty Jerome would probably start or at worst be the 6th man. They are projected to be 1st round picks. UVA has a lot of talent.

I’m still trying to figure out how their defense is so effective. Is it individual quickness? Like even watching it. It’s so baffling but awesome

I’m still trying to figure out how their defense is so effective. Is it individual quickness? Like even watching it. It’s so baffling but awesome

They "give" you longish 3s but you cant drive on them because their help and rotations are perfect. Bennett is masterful at teaching this. The only way to beat them is to shoot a high percentage or get out in transition but they also play great transition D. They will only lose 1 or 2 more ACC games. But wont make the Sweet 16

They "give" you longish 3s but you cant drive on them because their help and rotations are perfect. Bennett is masterful at teaching this. The only way to beat them is to shoot a high percentage or get out in transition but they also play great transition D. They will only lose 1 or 2 more ACC games. But wont make the Sweet 16
I bet they make final four this year

Interesting to watch.
Duke just played a one on one clear out offense almost the whole game.
No picks, nothing.
Just one on one, beat your man.

How Bennett develops and runs his program is the blueprint for any team with less talent to have a chance to compete against the best. That’s the only way a team like Pitt had a chance under Dixon.

Bennett = Dixon with better players than Dixon had last several years. If you were a Dixon hater because you hate deliberate slow careful basketball you will eventually hate Bennett's style of play if you don't already.

Personally, I prefer winning over losing regardless of style. So Jamie's or Bennett"s style of winning ugly would be okay with me--just as long as we are winning.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Maybe Zion will sprain his ankle on the way into The Pete.
The only way we defend him is if he doesn't play.
This would be a light ankle sprain so he's ready to go for the next Duke game.
Other than PITT, Duke is my favorite team and Coach K ( other than Bobby Knight) is my favorite
all time basketball coach.
If you listened to the interviews that Bilas conducted with the Duke players on the beach you should
be impressed with the players. I was! Compare them to the rest of the rabble that plays for others U's.
A big difference!

Got a huge tv rating...
DxXr0sxX4AATuJh.jpg:large

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I dont buy this philosophy. They are stifling.
What's your explanation for their problems in March? Bad luck?

They are stifling defensively every year. And then they run into a hot-shooting team with some good quick guards in March, get behind, don't have the offense to make a run and catch up, and they go home.

Reactions: Pitt Bad Boy 19
Interesting to watch.
No picks, nothing.
I don't see anyone in the thread mentioning that Duke was without starting PG Tre Jones.

That's kind of a big deal.

What's your explanation for their problems in March? Bad luck?

They are stifling defensively every year. And then they run into a hot-shooting team with some good quick guards in March, get behind, don't have the offense to make a run and catch up, and they go home.
They made an Elite 8 and Sweet 16 recently. UVA went deeper in the tournament when they had higher level talent. It is the same reason we went deepest in the tournament in 2009.

Interesting to watch.
No picks, nothing.

Probably the only team in the country who can do that successfully against UVA.

Bennett is bad for the game? Really. So what if uva players wouldn’t start for duke. Look at teams that have made solid runs in season and in the tourney. Well coached teams that played great team basketball. UVA plays great team basketball. Hell few former Pitt players could have started for duke, yet we beat them with great team ball.
I don’t get your issue with Bennett? Why hate uva that plays great basketball with less talent. That’s what amateur sports are about, being well coached and playing hard.

Elite 8 isn’t something to sniff at
You know they haven’t played to their rank or seed in March. Not since Ralph Sampson was there. And not until they find their next Ralph Sampson.

He’s doing an incredible job. But he doesn’t have the scoring talent to go all the way. And he probably never will.

That brand of basketball does not appeal to talented scorers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT