ADVERTISEMENT

Duzz’s absence from the search committee

chirurgo

Redshirt
Feb 1, 2004
Haven’t seen a post about this, but I found it curious that HCPN is not on the search committee. Like that Capel and Donald are on it. Was he asked and declined or was he not asked? I think the answer to that question in lieu of his statement on Lyke’s firing would speak volumes of the relationship he has with the new chancellor. Not saying his job is threatened given his contract and the financial problems the department appears to have. The optics don’t look good.

Haven’t seen a post about this, but I found it curious that HCPN is not on the search committee. Like that Capel and Donald are on it. Was he asked and declined or was he not asked? I think the answer to that question in lieu of his statement on Lyke’s firing would speak volumes of the relationship he has with the new chancellor. Not saying his job is threatened given his contract and the financial problems the department appears to have. The optics don’t look good.
Duzz is a candidate for the Director of Athletics position.

(Psss...Keep that on the down low.)

Seriously? You need to rethink this.

Reactions: ThePanthers
He’s in the middle of the season. You couldn’t be serious.

🤦‍♂️

Scott Barnes was named OSU AD in December 2016 and Heather hired in March 2017 and Narduzzi was on the committee then since he didn't have that much to do.

Now Heather poop canned in September and Jeff is on committee because he isn't in the middle of the season so I suspect they want a new hire pretty darn quick.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
He’s in the middle of the season. You couldn’t be serious.
It may not be hoops regular season...but cmon....you think Capel isnt grinding 24/7?

If Narduzzi was considered a true piece of the puzzle GOING FORWARD he would be on the committee.

The fact that he is not reinforces my prediction he is gone after this season.

I am not implying he will be fired. Maybe he was asked and said no.....

But for a guy that has been part of this program for longer than the majority of P4 coaches at their schools his absence is telling.

Would Mike Gundy be left out of this at Ok State? Ferentz at Iowa?

Reactions: chirurgo
isn't he supposed to be pre-occupied with other duties right now? Like asking Patton to be on a search committee to replace Ike when he is in the middle of storming his way to save the 101st at Bastogne...

Last edited:
Reactions: Conemaugh
It may not be hoops regular season...but cmon....you think Capel isnt grinding 24/7?

If Narduzzi was considered a true piece of the puzzle GOING FORWARD he would be on the committee.

But for a guy that has been part of this program for longer than the majority of P4 coaches at their schools his absence is telling.

I'm sure he'll be consulted just not to the level he would be if it was off-season and he was mostly recruiting or whatever. Not buying what you're saying at all. And, if this carries on into hoops season, Capel won't be a part of it much either. Far too busy in season. Think you're reading way, way too much into this one.

LOL

Well, Iowa created a search committee last December for a new AD and Ferentz wasn't part of it.

You're really reaching to make sense of a nonsensical prediction.

Consider a few things:

*Narduzzi and Lyke were pretty close friends. Their families as well. Maybe Narduzzi doesn't want to be part of a committee that's searching for her replacement? Did you ever think of that?

*As a couple of people already mentioned, it's football season. This is an important year for Pitt. He needs to get back the mojo we lost last season. Why the distraction of being a part of a search?

*There are two guys that represent football on the committee already (Bostick & Donald). How many more do you need? They both know what's a stake.

No one should ever be on a search committee that is ultimately gonna be your boss
Capel should not even have a vote

Reactions: chirurgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT