ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Wrestling League to merge with MAC

pafootballguy

Freshman
Jul 13, 2009
Bloomsburg, Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven, Rider, George Mason, and Cleveland State are to going to join the MAC. It is going to be a pretty good wrestling conference with a lot of good programs with a lot of tradition.

Yea that really helps Mizzouri get some better matchups I bet they are really happy about this

I remember watching the Easterns at the Field House in the sixties. Great fun seeing Lehigh, Syracuse, Navy, Army, Pitt, UPS, and what seemed like a ton of others grapple.

I remember watching the Easterns at the Field House in the sixties. Great fun seeing Lehigh, Syracuse, Navy, Army, Pitt, UPS, and what seemed like a ton of others grapple.

That was back when we were in the EIWA. That conference has stayed pretty good even with Pitt and PSU leaving and Syracuse giving up wrestling. Lehigh is slightly ahead of Cornell, Penn and Army going into today’s matches, but Cornell has the most wrestlers alive for titles.

On March 5, 2019 the MAC conference announced that it would be adding the seven former members of the Eastern Wrestling League (Bloomsburg, Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven, Rider, George Mason and Cleveland State) as affiliate members in wrestling.

Current MAC wrestling membership includes Buffalo, Central Michigan, Kent State, Northern Illinois and Ohio, along with current affiliate members Missouri (since 2013), Old Dominion (since 2013) and SIU Edwardsville (since 2018).
The additions will make the MAC the second largest wrestling conference in the 2019-2020 academic year. Next season the 15 MAC wrestling programs will compete in the 2020 MAC Wrestling Championship on the campus of Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Ill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT