ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso Times Report Has Pitt or Duke Facing Oregon State

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
they List NC State as a possibility as well but the thinking is only one of the two southern teams are under consideration since the other is likely heading to the bowl in Charlotte. Oregon State is the likely opponent but UCLA is possible but they will likely be headed to a a more lucrative bowl.Most likely if we don’t get the Sun or Gator we end up in the Military Bowl As always the domino effect of the higher rated teams will determine the other bowl picks.

So something that happened 14 years ago and about five staffs ago is gonna affect this years selections .? Let’s face it if this report is accurate does Duke move the needle for football ? We are one year removed from an ACC championship, who will generate a better national tv audience ?

So something that happened 14 years ago and about five staffs ago is gonna affect this years selections .? Let’s face it if this report is accurate does Duke move the needle for football ? We are one year removed from an ACC championship, who will generate a better national tv audience ?
Would you be shocked if this year's offense would get shut out in the bowl game? Or how about the 14-13 barn burner in 2018, where Pickett was 11 of 29 and the Stanford QB was 6 of 17? Yeah I agree the odds are against laying another egg that bad, but I think it would have to be in the back of the minds of the Sun Bowl's selection committee members, and watching the Georgia Tech game film would probably make them steer away from Pitt.

Still pulling for the Military Bowl, but that seems like a pipe dream. I just want a win. I'm normally not in favor of whooping a bad team just to pad the W/L record, but I am when so many guys are opting out, etc. Heck, if the rumors about Slovis are true, why would he play in the bowl game?

If the Sun Bowl matchup is Pitt vs UCLA, I’m in…

Script vs Script

Sun Bowl is still a great bowl destination. The weather is the only major variable…

It can be warm & sunny (1975 Pitt vs Kansas)

It can be icy and cold (1989 Pitt vs Texas A&M)

It can be windy as hell (2008 Pitt vs Oregon St)

Or it can be cool and pleasant (2018 Pitt vs Stanford)

If the Sun Bowl matchup is Pitt vs UCLA, I’m in…

Script vs Script

Sun Bowl is still a great bowl destination. The weather is the only major variable…

It can be warm & sunny (1975 Pitt vs Kansas)

It can be icy and cold (1989 Pitt vs Texas A&M)

It can be windy as hell (2008 Pitt vs Oregon St)

Or it can be cool and pleasant (2018 Pitt vs Stanford)

Loser has to go block in 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: e-fresh
ADVERTISEMENT