ADVERTISEMENT

Eli’s place among Pitt freshmen all-time

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
I was talking with a Pitt buddy today and were discussing how amazing it is that it has only taken Holstein 4 games to look like a bonafide superstar. The only other Pitt freshmen we could remember who were home runs this fast were Fitzgerald, McCoy and Dejuan Blair. I’m sure we missed many others, but he is in rarified air among Pitt freshmen already.

I was talking with a Pitt buddy today and were discussing how amazing it is that it has only taken Holstein 4 games to look like a bonafide superstar. The only other Pitt freshmen we could remember who were home runs this fast were Fitzgerald, McCoy and Dejuan Blair. I’m sure we missed many others, but he is in rarified air among Pitt freshmen already.
Tyler Boyd hit the ground running.

Your point is well made. It’s been awhile. Holstein is off to a great start…
I am super excited about what Eli has to offer. His pocket presence while looking down field to throw and then determining the right time to run has been the best since....... Palko? He has a better arm and seemingly the same moxy to win games.

I am going to temper my excitement though and see what happens as the ACC schedule takes hold and defenses have some time to watch film of the offense. But yeah, he has the best start of any Pitt freshman that I can remember. And I am pretty damn confident it is going to continue.

Can't wait for Saturday. If we beat UNC and exorcise those demons...... sky is the limit!

I am super excited about what Eli has to offer. His pocket presence while looking down field to throw and then determining the right time to run has been the best since....... Palko? He has a better arm and seemingly the same moxy to win games.

I am going to temper my excitement though and see what happens as the ACC schedule takes hold and defenses have some time to watch film of the offense. But yeah, he has the best start of any Pitt freshman that I can remember. And I am pretty damn confident it is going to continue.

Can't wait for Saturday. If we beat UNC and exorcise those demons...... sky is the limit!
Sucks that we have to wait until the next Saturday.

Reactions: Conemaugh
Dorsett and Marino were recognized as freshman and so was Hugh Green.

Wasn't Alex Van Pelt pretty good? I remember he and Richards and Jells had us all super excited for the 90's. Richards had a huge frosh year. Antonio Bryant, Ramon Walker were great. Fralic was probably the greatest freshman of all time but OL isn't easy for most to pick up on. Johnny Majors II had a great LB his 1st year whose name escapes me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT