ADVERTISEMENT

Ellison Update

Well, he hasn't even been on the UVa campus yet. But, continue ranting Eyore.

I will be disappointed if we don't get him. This is a guy I think we have more than a 50-50 to get.

Pitt vs Virginia?

Shouldn't be a question but he may prefer Stallings's offense. Reminds me of how Dixon used to lose players to lesser programs because they had "fun" offenses.

Pitt vs Virginia?

Shouldn't be a question but he may prefer Stallings's offense. Reminds me of how Dixon used to lose players to lesser programs because they had "fun" offenses.
I hope you see where "fun" offenses led us to this year with an offensive genius.

Reactions: Crimmins27
Pitt vs Virginia?

I hope you see where "fun" offenses led us to this year with an offensive genius.

I know but Stallings can say, "hey, we won't win many games but look, I let Young and Artis chuck it up and you can do the same. Bennett will make you run strict sets." Some players go for that.

Shamiel just signed his LOI, so maybe that's one of them. Pitt still has plenty of spots available for 2017 and beyond.

lol not hating at all , it's just a fact, what player would want to come here and play for Stallings right now? It's called being a realist, tough guy
Well Stevenson and Peace both signed their letters. Evidently someone does want to come here.

About what you would expect with mediocre talent, no big man & no point guard.
The only mediocre talent was coaching the team.
Those same mediocre players were in the NCAA tournament the previous year. It wasn't the talent it was the horrible coaching style.
If you don't believe that look at Cam Johnson's reason for leaving.
And by the way Kentucky, Arizona, etc wouldn't even drive by his neighborhood in high school and now they want him. But Dixon doesn't know a thing. Lol.

it is a fact that nobody wants to come here right now, did the whole roster but 3 players not transfer? Did a top recruit not just decommit? Did Stallings land any transfers yet? Oh ok , shut up
Actually Pitt just signed a couple guys so "nobody wants to come here right now" is obviously not a fact. Really weak trolling.

Those same mediocre players were in the NCAA tournament the previous year. It wasn't the talent it was the horrible coaching style.
And by the way Kentucky, Arizona, etc wouldn't even drive by his neighborhood in high school and now they want him. But Dixon doesn't know a thing. Lol.
It was having to play people out of position due to lack of a balanced quality roster. Stallings was left without a PG with the graduation of James Robinson...so it wasn't the same team that went to the NCAA's before Jamie quit on the team and university

Actually Pitt just signed a couple guys so "nobody wants to come here right now" is obviously not a fact. Really weak trolling.
I'm not trolling, and obviously we will get players, but are they ACC level players? Doesn't look that way but I sure hope so as I will never give up on Pitt Hoops, I have the right to be very upset and disappointed with this situation right now, everything isn't all peachy, we need to recruit and land high level players, because that is what was promised to us upon the Stallings hire

Reactions: Elsalvador

Cam Johnson is one player. Where are the others that left going? ODU, Hofstra, Portland?

The talent was mediocre. Is Kithcart the best Jamie could do replacing JRob? He had 4 years to recruit a PG & Justice is the best he could do?

Cam Johnson is one player. Where are the others that left going? ODU, Hofstra, Portland?

The talent was mediocre. Is Kithcart the best Jamie could do replacing JRob? He had 4 years to recruit a PG & Justice is the best he could do?

Who is going to Hofstra??

It was having to play people out of position due to lack of a balanced quality roster. Stallings was left without a PG with the graduation of James Robinson...so it wasn't the same team that went to the NCAA's before Jamie quit on the team and university
Wrong....Barnes & Gallagher quit on him. Barnes = Killer B #4. Gallagher = Posvar.

Dixon took a chance on Cam with nothing to lose . He had open scholarships with no one to fill them . Making it sound like JD was a genius offering Cam is just wrong . If he'd have landed his recruiting targets there'd have been no space for Cam . If he thought so much of him he would've offered way earlier . Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't .

ADVERTISEMENT