ADVERTISEMENT

EPL Boxing Day

Allan McMurray

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2022
Newcastle picks up right where they left off.

Costa is still a meathead.

Fulham with 3 at Selhurst Park. Barring a catastrophic collapse, they stay unlike the last 2 attempts.

Great to have it back

Reactions: mike412
Tim Ream with his first Premier League goal at 35 years old.

BTW, Palace had to play the last half hour down two due to red cards.

He is turning himself into a club legend this season in particular. He is passing Brian McBride and Clint as top American's for the club.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Newcastle picks up right where they left off.

Costa is still a meathead.

Fulham with 3 at Selhurst Park. Barring a catastrophic collapse, they stay unlike the last 2 attempts.

Great to have it back
Weird that the game of the day and has NBC’s #1 crew with Peter Drury, is relegated to peacock.

Weird that the game of the day and has NBC’s #1 crew with Peter Drury, is relegated to peacock.
I've noticed they shove plenty of top games to Peacock. Only thought I can think of is "if you want to watch the top games, subscribe"

I've noticed they shove plenty of top games to Peacock. Only thought I can think of is "if you want to watch the top games, subscribe"
I have to say that I much prefer Arlo White to Peter Drury.

Drury is the Al Michaels of football in England and that might be under selling him. He’s beloved in England and it was quite a coup for NBC to get him. But he tends to embellish the action a bit too much for me and I’ve always preferred Arlo. I think I’m in the minority on that one.

I have to say that I much prefer Arlo White to Peter Drury.

Drury is the Al Michaels of football in England and that might be under selling him. He’s beloved in England and it was quite a coup for NBC to get him. But he tends to embellish the action a bit too much for me and I’ve always preferred Arlo. I think I’m in the minority on that one.
"Fantasy Fulham, there's a tidal wave on the Thames." Outside of Gentleman Jim just about every game, one of the greatest calls of a Fulham game and winning goal ever in the 09-10 Europa League semi against Hamburger SV. That's why I'm partial to Drury but Arlo is just solid. Not a fan of Graeme LeSaux, he rubs me the wrong way.

I wish Rebecca Lowe would jump in the commentator's box. She is very knowledgeable about the game and well, she's quite dreamy.

Speaking of post game, did you notice if you were watching, how proud Tim Howard was of Matt Turner? He definitely was grinning ear to ear

Ream also just signed a one year contract extension to play another season at Fulham, so it's been a good couple days for him.

BTW, with Ream's goal today and excluding own goals, American have scored as many goals for Fulham in the Premier League, 91, as they have for all other teams in the Premier League combined.

Ream also just signed a one year contract extension to play another season at Fulham, so it's been a good couple days for him.

BTW, with Ream's goal today and excluding own goals, American have scored as many goals for Fulham in the Premier League, 91, as they have for all other teams in the Premier League combined.
Fulhamerica. I can't stand how they've dubbed Leeds the Leeds United States of America. Dumb...Fulham has always been willing to consistently take a risk on American's.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
"Fantasy Fulham, there's a tidal wave on the Thames." Outside of Gentleman Jim just about every game, one of the greatest calls of a Fulham game and winning goal ever in the 09-10 Europa League semi against Hamburger SV. That's why I'm partial to Drury but Arlo is just solid. Not a fan of Graeme LeSaux, he rubs me the wrong way.

I wish Rebecca Lowe would jump in the commentator's box. She is very knowledgeable about the game and well, she's quite dreamy.

Speaking of post game, did you notice if you were watching, how proud Tim Howard was of Matt Turner? He definitely was grinning ear to ear
Matt Turner is the most humble, engaging and nicest athletes I’ve ever seen. And you know it’s genuine. He’s so easy to root for. And that post match interview with Saka with great too. He is now an easy kid for me to root for.

Matt Turner is the most humble, engaging and nicest athletes I’ve ever seen. And you know it’s genuine. He’s so easy to root for. And that post match interview with Saka with great too. He is now an easy kid for me to root for.
Yep, I remember reading through the facebook men's national team pages few years back about how no one knows how great of a shot stopper, New England Revolution GK Matt Turner is. I like many, never heard of him. He has really taken his trade and improvement serious. I personally think he could be Arsenal's #1.

I like many, are just waiting for the bottom to fall out of Arsenal...but so far it hasn't happened.

I forgot that he picked up that red card in that last game before the World Cup and he is subsequently suspended for this match.

I was just researching it to find out. I came across this.

That has become pretty obvious. The questions are:

1. Where will it be? USA?

2. If not in USA, will Canada be invited? That would make 13 so would need 3 more. Would be a nice gesture to invite Suriname, Guyana, and maybe Trinidad & Tobago, which is only 6 miles away from Venezuela

I was just researching it to find out. I came across this.

He was on the USA Network pregame show today before their game and that was when he said that. Just kind of casually threw it out there. He was on for about 20 minutes with them, since he wasn't playing. Did a good job, in my opinion.

And yes, red card suspension.

2. If not in USA, will Canada be invited? That would make 13 so would need 3 more.

There has only been one Copa America in history (out of 47 tournaments) that had 16 teams in it. And that was the 100th anniversary version of the tournament. The last one didn't have any guest teams, so only ten (because of covid). The other nine of the last 11 tournaments all had 12.

There has only been one Copa America in history (out of 47 tournaments) that had 16 teams in it. And that was the 100th anniversary version of the tournament. The last one didn't have any guest teams, so only ten (because of covid). The other nine of the last 11 tournaments all had 12.

Right but with the 3 North American hosts, it would be a good time to make it 16. Qatar probably would be one. They buy their way into all these tournaments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT