ADVERTISEMENT

EPL scheduling question

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Do they announce different start times a month or few weeks before the games like college football? I may be heading to London in a few months but every game for pretty much the whole season is showing as 10 AM Saturday. As far as I know, they normally do a 730AM game and a noon game as well (Eastern times) and also a couple Sunday games. Do those get flexed?

Do they announce different start times a month or few weeks before the games like college football? I may be heading to London in a few months but every game for pretty much the whole season is showing as 10 AM Saturday. As far as I know, they normally do a 730AM game and a noon game as well (Eastern times) and also a couple Sunday games. Do those get flexed?

they can flex games. my friend got tickets last year and was worried that he may miss a game. but it was tottenham vs luton - luton was never getting flexed.

you have to use an app to get tickets on the secondary market i forget the name -something like grasshopper (that's not it but something like that). i can get you the name if you're really interested.

they can flex games. my friend got tickets last year and was worried that he may miss a game. but it was tottenham vs luton - luton was never getting flexed.

you have to use an app to get tickets on the secondary market i forget the name -something like grasshopper (that's not it but something like that). i can get you the name if you're really interested.

You say they "can" flex games but from what it seems like, it almost seems like college football where the Saturday 10AM games are essentially "TBD" times because every game is Saturday 10AM. Do you know how far out they flex games? I think what they do is make 1 game 730AM national, 1 game, noon national and the rest are 10AM games over there. Also, 2 national Sunday games I think. But when do these get announced? 2 weeks before like college football?

You say they "can" flex games but from what it seems like, it almost seems like college football where the Saturday 10AM games are essentially "TBD" times because every game is Saturday 10AM. Do you know how far out they flex games? I think what they do is make 1 game 730AM national, 1 game, noon national and the rest are 10AM games over there. Also, 2 national Sunday games I think. But when do these get announced? 2 weeks before like college football?

they can flex games like 2 weeks out (that's not exactly right but something like that).

if you're seeing all the same times, i'm assuming they just haven't put the scheduled times in for whatever you're looking at. there are times scheduled now. just may not be published on whatever app you're using.

looking at the official site - it looks as if august/september is set and anything past that is not set, as it's all 10:00 start times from october and on from there.

Two weeks out is the latest they can change the game time for Barca and I would imagine it’s the same for at least the large city EPL teams, which is most of them.

The primary reason, as I understand it, is mass transit. When Barca plays at home at their usual 9 pm time, they have to add extra trains and extra cars to all trains from 7 pm to 2 am. They also add extra buses. Barca actually has to pay the transit authority a fee for each home match it plays to cover the expense of extra service. Of course, the police also have to prepare for the crowds and that takes time.

Whether the teams pay for it or not I don’t know, but I imagine in London and other cities they also have to add extra cars, trains and buses when Premier League teams play. And, I would imagine that the police presence also has to be bolstered for EPL matches.

Barca sells tickets on its official website. Most of them are season tickets which the holders aren’t using. Barca shareholders (over 100,000 of them) get first shot at all tickets but some of them make a little coin by selling their tickets (or some of them) on the website. If you wait until close to game day you often can get cheaper rates on secondary sites. The Barca site never reduces its rates as far as I know.

Last edited:

Here is a story complete with a handy chart that should help you out:

Handy Chart Included!

6 weeks notice until Jan 1 and then 5 weeks notice. Not ideal but better than college football. Hoping to catch 2 London games at 12:30 and then 5 London time.

i just saw that they're starting to flex some games in october. due to CL schedules. then you'll have FA Cup/caribou that they'll need to make changes for.

Don’t know where to put this so I’ll leave this here. This is incredibly ambitious of Charlotte FC. Hope it happens.

Don’t know where to put this so I’ll leave this here. This is incredibly ambitious of Charlotte FC. Hope it happens.

Tepper was very loudly booed by UNC fans at the ACC Tournament. My dream is that he sells The Panthers and Charlotte FC, buys the Riverhounds, builds an MLS/Pitt stadium and gets the Hounds to MLS.

Tepper was very loudly booed by UNC fans at the ACC Tournament. My dream is that he sells The Panthers and Charlotte FC, buys the Riverhounds, builds an MLS/Pitt stadium and gets the Hounds to MLS.
Just what we need. Another bad owner in Pittsburgh.

Just what we need. Another bad owner in Pittsburgh.

Whatever it takes to get an MLS team. BTW, I never in a million years would have thought Pgh could support an MLS team but have you been to a Riverhounds game lately? They are packed....and for really bad soccer. Last time I went, there was literally no parking available so I had to park over past those new condos and miss half the 1st Half. I cant believe I'm saying this but if Pgh had an MLS team and a 20K seat stadium in a convenient spot, I think they'd draw very well.

Amazing how far the Hounds have come. I remember watching them in HS stadiums with 100 people in the stands. Now, they are basically a mainstream local team. They even sell their gear at Dick's. WTF.

Whatever it takes to get an MLS team. BTW, I never in a million years would have thought Pgh could support an MLS team but have you been to a Riverhounds game lately? They are packed....and for really bad soccer. Last time I went, there was literally no parking available so I had to park over past those new condos and miss half the 1st Half. I cant believe I'm saying this but if Pgh had an MLS team and a 20K seat stadium in a convenient spot, I think they'd draw very well.
Haven’t been to a match since before Zidane head butted his way to a red card in the World Cup. I used to think Pittsburgh would never embrace MLS. But if it had a team and it was a winner like the Penguins eventually became, it could become a big part of the community.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT