ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Kasperowicz out at P-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?

People are giving this way too much play. We're talking about a HC of a team at an insignificantly low-level of HS football. This is Western PA HS football. The football is low-level and school boards do this all the time. Who cares, really? P-R will hire some other gym teacher and win a ton.
All those in PR should care. This doesn’t seem to be much about football, and way more about an abusive, small-minded power hungry mindless administrator with an education degree from Penn State wrecking havoc on a district. Sounds like his actions and environment are literally killing people as kids have mentioned mental health and suicide problems.

Where the mindless asshole went wrong was forgetting that people like Todd Jochem, the QB coach, would fight back. When he says he worked with the smartest people in the world, he is being modest. I checked his LinkedIn, he IS one of the smartest people in the world. Not some ‘gym teacher’.

Right?

People are giving this way too much play. We're talking about a HC of a team at an insignificantly low-level of HS football. This is Western PA HS football. The football is low-level and school boards do this all the time. Who cares, really? P-R will hire some other gym teacher and win a ton.
Not really. I think you will find the quality of the coach is more dependent on the winning culture of the program than the actual school.

All those in PR should care. This doesn’t seem to be much about football, and way more about an abusive, small-minded power hungry mindless administrator with an education degree from Penn State wrecking havoc on a district. Sounds like his actions and environment are literally killing people as kids have mentioned mental health and suicide problems.

Where the mindless asshole went wrong was forgetting that people like Todd Jochem, the QB coach, would fight back. When he says he worked with the smartest people in the world, he is being modest. I checked his LinkedIn, he IS one of the smartest people in the world. Not some ‘gym teacher’.
Yeah, he's a PhD in Robotics from CMU. I think he is someone who would "value" education. Where are half of the P-R players going to school? I mean the QB is going to Penn, right? Alot of these kids go to Ivy's and sub Ivy's. Hell, their high recruits go to Notre Dame. DiNucci came here, but if he didn't he would have went Ivy. This isn't, and I hate to say it, Aliquippa, where it is football above all.

Hell I know a guy Kasper stole his girlfriend in high school and he even likes the dude. The school board sounds like their kids suck as football players. Chartiers Valley had a similar coup with MCConnell years ago. A school board member didn’t like him because his kid was a pussy and sat the bench.
McConnell did not get removed as the Boys BBall coach at CV ... he wanted to switch over to the girls and the administration approved that switch. His own words were along the lines that his messenging/coaching "wasn't getting through" to the boys, so he asked to switch. Maybe there were some board members against him, but majority approved him doing what he wanted to do.

Yeah, he's a PhD in Robotics from CMU. I think he is someone who would "value" education. Where are half of the P-R players going to school? I mean the QB is going to Penn, right? Alot of these kids go to Ivy's and sub Ivy's. Hell, their high recruits go to Notre Dame. DiNucci came here, but if he didn't he would have went Ivy. This isn't, and I hate to say it, Aliquippa, where it is football above all.
Seriously ... these are kids that, let's be honest, wouldn't be going to Ivy League schools if the Ivy football coaches did not have admission slots to get them in. If anything, the success of football program boosts the academic profile of the PR school district.

I hope PR's players boycott the next season and they have to forfeit every game!
What would that solve? Many of those kids have played football since kindergarten flag. To ask a senior to boycott over a coach getting fired would be selfish for anyone who wishes them to boycott. I don't know him, nor do I know anything about PR besides what I read, but I'm sure Eric K would NOT be happy if the kids boycotted the season. Especially the seniors.

May oust the administration and board members who clearly have an agenda!

What would that solve? Many of those kids have played football since kindergarten flag. To ask a senior to boycott over a coach getting fired would be selfish for anyone who wishes them to boycott. I don't know him, nor do I know anything about PR besides what I read, but I'm sure Eric K would NOT be happy if the kids boycotted the season. Especially the seniors.

The players who were interviewed by the board said they were going back 4 or 5 years when they weren’t even there. And they told them they never saw anything you could call hazing. This reeks of a school board with an agenda.
Good thing it's only football.

McConnell did not get removed as the Boys BBall coach at CV ... he wanted to switch over to the girls and the administration approved that switch. His own words were along the lines that his messenging/coaching "wasn't getting through" to the boys, so he asked to switch. Maybe there were some board members against him, but majority approved him doing what he wanted to do.
There was another incident a number of years ago where an Admin was on a witch hunt looking for any reason at all to get rid of Tim. Tim stayed and the Admin long gone from at least 1 another district as well maybe more. Personal vendetta was my take which is what this sounds like.

The only people hurt by that would be themselves and perhaps a handful of adults who really have nothing better to do than watch high school football.
These kids can all home school this year and put together a home school team coached by EK. They can be called the "Home Boys", and play in class A.

Reactions: TFBaum
The only people hurt by that would be themselves and perhaps a handful of adults who really have nothing better to do than watch high school football.
The only adults who would really be hurt are the player parents, especially the senior player parents who would miss out on seeing their son play for the last time. It would also have a ripple effect across the cheerleaders & band. Sure you can cheer and play music without a football game, but doing it at a football game is part of the whole experience of those 2 activities. Plus, no football means much less revenue for those programs and the other sports. Many band & athletic dept budgets depend on ticket and concession stand revenue. So this isn't just limited to the players themselves. But for the players themselves it would be self inflicted.

I understand. I didn't know Art Walker Jr. applied for the PITT coaching position. I understand Narduzzi's steller record of hiring coaches who get the PITT team to the outstanding records they have over the past years. So yeah I see your point on why the Dooz would not want to hire a proven winning coach with local roots.

Kasperowicz has been mentioned here for every staff opening for at least five years. But if you are talking just about the LB job he supposedly interviewed for, then I guess you were privy to that process and can evaluate his interview vs the other candidates. And of course you can verify that there was even serious interest on both parts, right?

More likely you already don’t like Narduzzi (which is fine) and use this as some BS to prop up your existing opinion of the guy. The reality is that Partridge, Bates, Collins and Sanders have all been very good hires based upon their coaching and recruiting. But Eric Kasperowicz at LB coach is obviously the missing link between Pitt and a MNC.

Reactions: BTisinDC
I played for Tim and he was my neighbor. They tried to bounce him around 2003. I think I was still in dental school. I spoke at the meeting on his behalf.

Reactions: giveitarest
I played for Tim and he was my neighbor. They tried to bounce him around 2003. I think I was still in dental school. I spoke at the meeting on his behalf.
Interesting -- I did not live in Pittsburgh at the time so I was not aware. What was the reason given at the meeting as to why they were debating his removal? Was it hazing or something else having similarities to the Kasperowicz situation?

Interesting -- I did not live in Pittsburgh at the time so I was not aware. What was the reason given at the meeting as to why they were debating his removal? Was it hazing or something else having similarities to the Kasperowicz situation?
There was a school board member who claimed Tim was verbally abusive toward his players. Tim definitely yelled but nothing more than any other intense coach. The school board member was a rich guy that had a hard on for Tim. His kid was average and those teams back then were stacked.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
How similar this is to the workings of corporate America.

Too high a salary. Too outspoken. Too threatening. Too old. Too popular. Pick your "sin". When the people in power decide someone has to go, they either grease the skids underneath or follow the legalistic path to the letter and crouch behind the lawyers as the flak rains down. Or both. In any case, when They want you gone, you are cooked. I've been on the inside of this ugly business, and on the receiving end. At a certain management level you will find small people without souls sitting behind big desks.

If he was indeed a good role model and got railroaded, then I applaud those students for standing up and doing the right thing. The Seniors have already been accepted into college or will be moving into the workforce very shortly. The cake is already baked for them.

Last edited:
How similar this is to the workings of corporate America.

Too high a salary. Too outspoken. Too threatening. Too old. Too popular. Pick your "sin". When the people in power decide someone has to go, they either grease the skids underneath or follow the legalistic path to the letter and crouch behind the lawyers as the flak rains down. Or both. In any case, when They want you gone, you are cooked. I've been on the inside of this ugly business, and on the receiving end. At a certain management level you will find small people without souls sitting behind big desks.

Wait... were you at my last job too?

Yes. I don't know why people's politics is why people do or don't like them. That is part of the problem in this country. We used to just be able to disagree and be friends, now we look at these things like they are character flaws.
I have no idea their politics
Zeise has been a terrible writer for a long time and is a worse personality than a journalist

Reactions: Ski11585
Here's the text of an email they sent today. They won't say anything because they can't prove anything and don't want suited. Although, while saying they aren't saying anything, they throw the false statements and allegations comment in there.

This was a total hit job, and I'm not one to put athletics over academics, ever. This is dirty and not how school administrations and boards should operate. My biggest problem is the guy who led the investigation magically gets promoted to the AD position. Just dirty.

The only recourse is to vote the board off in subsequent elections and install a board that will can the Superintendent. No amount of protesting or petition signing is going to do anything. Kudos to Ben Campbell for resigning.

Dear Pine-Richland Staff, Families, and Community,

Earlier today, the district held a special board meeting to accept the resignation of a board member, to declare that board seat officially open and to invite eligible members of the community who live in Region 1 to consider interviewing for a board appointment to that vacant seat.

Given the attention currently placed on the varsity head football coach vacancy, Mr. Don Palmer, solicitor, shared the following comments:

The district released a brief media statement on April 16, 2021. The statement clearly explained that the district does not discuss personnel matters. It also indicated that the athletic department is advertising for the position of varsity head football coach. Many comments and allegations are being shared in traditional and social media. Since it is the district’s well-grounded practice to refrain from comment on personnel matters in public, it is not appropriate for the district to respond. As such, the district will also refrain from correcting false statements and allegations being circulated. It is understood that this is frustrating to some and confusing to others. With that said, our legal counsel has remained the same in this case and others over the years. The district should not discuss personnel matters in public.

The district has posted the supplemental contract position for varsity head football coach. The district will be accepting internal and external applications. Supplemental contracts are designated for one school year without expectation for renewal. Following its regular process for coaching positions, assistant coach positions are also opened when a varsity head coach position is advertised. This allows the new varsity head coach to interview and/or recommend new staff members and also consider prior assistant coaches if appropriate.

This was a total hit job, and I'm not one to put athletics over academics, ever. This is dirty and not how school administrations and boards should operate. My biggest problem is the guy who led the investigation magically gets promoted to the AD position. Just dirty.

The only recourse is to vote the board off in subsequent elections and install a board that will can the Superintendent. No amount of protesting or petition signing is going to do anything. Kudos to Ben Campbell for resigning.
It will be interesting to see if Pine-Richland voters put athletics ahead of academics in the upcoming primary election.

Without knowing specific details of why he was fired, this is the type of move that can destroy a program. I've seen too many excellent high school programs implode because of ridiculous firings or retirements. It's because the people in charge built a program rather than coach a team. There's a big different and in many situations, schools, teams, and programs never recover. For the sake of the PR kids, I hope that isn't the case.
Jimmy’s and Joe’s

Kasperowicz has been mentioned here for every staff opening for at least five years. But if you are talking just about the LB job he supposedly interviewed for, then I guess you were privy to that process and can evaluate his interview vs the other candidates. And of course you can verify that there was even serious interest on both parts, right?

More likely you already don’t like Narduzzi (which is fine) and use this as some BS to prop up your existing opinion of the guy. The reality is that Partridge, Bates, Collins and Sanders have all been very good hires based upon their coaching and recruiting. But Eric Kasperowicz at LB coach is obviously the missing link between Pitt and a MNC.
If Narduzzi didn't like Kasperowicz as an assistant that's fine and you are right I was not privy to anything, however I do have an opinion. After 40 plus years of season tickets I'm tired of 6-7 win seasons, but if you are OK with that, that's fine.

Back to the original post, I talked to a former PR football player from 3 years ago and he said he never witnessed any hazing, ever.

There was a school board member who claimed Tim was verbally abusive toward his players. Tim definitely yelled but nothing more than any other intense coach. The school board member was a rich guy that had a hard on for Tim. His kid was average and those teams back then were stacked.
We scrimmaged CV when I was in HS. I had never heard a coach yell at players as much as he did. I didn't know who he was but I remember thinking I was glad our coach wasnt like that. I mean it was a closed-door scrimmage and he was acting like a maniac.

If Narduzzi didn't like Kasperowicz as an assistant that's fine and you are right I was not privy to anything, however I do have an opinion. After 40 plus years of season tickets I'm tired of 6-7 win seasons, but if you are OK with that, that's fine.

Back to the original post, I talked to a former PR football player from 3 years ago and he said he never witnessed any hazing, ever.
Yes
A local hs coach as a linebacker coach is the difference to 6-7 wins via 10

We scrimmaged CV when I was in HS. I had never heard a coach yell at players as much as he did. I didn't know who he was but I remember thinking I was glad our coach wasnt like that. I mean it was a closed-door scrimmage and he was acting like a maniac.
I can say first hand that guy wanted nothing more than to see kids successful. He definitely was intense. I blew my knee out my senior football season. He worked me out for a month after team practice and drove me home. He didn’t have to do that. He got me over my injury and helped me get back on track. I loved him as a coach because he rewarded toughness and effort. He would scream but he also would let you know he appreciated your effort.

I have no idea their politics
Zeise has been a terrible writer for a long time and is a worse personality than a journalist
He's abrasive for sure. I like him in small doses because he amuses me with that "old man yells at clouds" take. I also think some of his takes are interesting as a black man. He reminds me of alot of my friends. Do I think he is a great writer? No. Nor does he have particular the voice and delivery for talk radio.

He's abrasive for sure. I like him in small doses because he amuses me with that "old man yells at clouds" take. I also think some of his takes are interesting as a black man. He reminds me of alot of my friends. Do I think he is a great writer? No. Nor does he have particular the voice and delivery for talk radio.
He only speaks in cliches and conventional wisdom

he’s boring
You know what he is going to say on every topic before he says it
He appeals to the people who don’t think independently -because he echoes back the same shit they’ve heard people say for years
Regardless of how actually wrong it is

if I want an old man yelling at the clouds - I’ll go with someone who’s funny like Tony kornheiser

He only speaks in cliches and conventional wisdom

he’s boring
You know what he is going to say on every topic before he says it
He appeals to the people who don’t think independently -because he echoes back the same shit they’ve heard people say for years
Regardless of how actually wrong it is
No. I don't think this is totally true. I do see the Left thinking they are right on everything and Zeise has alot of times that "this shouldn't matter" take which I think most people really do. But yeah, he locks boots and goosesteps to much of the MAGA mantra including vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT