ADVERTISEMENT

Erling Haaland is Mario Lemieux

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Watching him play this AM vs Man United, only one athlete in my lifetime comes to mind.

Mario Lemieux.

so physically dominant and yet so gifted and can beat you multiple ways.

maybe Messi is Wayne Gretzky. But Haaland is Mario. Only thing that will stop him is health. He’s a man playing against boys. And he’s still a kid himself.

I was wrong about him. I thought he would be a bust for City. He is awesome. Pep never had a true CF at Barca after he got rid of Eto in year one. I didn’t think he would know how to utilize Haaland. He does. And if you put him in position to succeed, he will score. Physically, he is a freak.

Lewandowski is having a great year so far in La Liga. Averaging better than a goal a match. But, at his age he doesn’t have the stamina that Haaland does. Not to mention the height.

MC is one of the best passing teams and can turn it on so quickly. Yes Haaland can score, but he had two assist this morning also. He is an absolute beast and MC is the rich getting richer.

L’Equipe, the top French sports newspaper with some of the most respected sports staffers in the world, gave Haaland a 10 rating for yesterday. Since it started rating performances in the 1980s, he is only the 14th player to receive a 10. Lionel Messi has 2; CR7 has 0.

They rate Champions League, Europa League, European national team competitions, Under 21 European competitions and select regular club season matches, like the Manchester Derby and El Clasico. So, they have seen a lot of great matches. Not all though. They didn’t do ratings when Messi scored 4 in an El Clasico away at Madrid or he would have 3 10s. Or, maybe the first 11. Four goals and 2 assists against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu. So, Haaland still has something to shoot for.

Meanwhile, one of the Manchester dailies wrote today that Man City only paid a 60 Million Euro fee to Dortmund for him. Unreal. Of course, his salary is $375,000 a week. So far, worth every penny. Lots of NBA players are paid more than that.

L’Equipe, the top French sports newspaper with some of the most respected sports staffers in the world, gave Haaland a 10 rating for yesterday. Since it started rating performances in the 1980s, he is only the 14th player to receive a 10. Lionel Messi has 2; CR7 has 0.

They rate Champions League, Europa League, European national team competitions, Under 21 European competitions and select regular club season matches, like the Manchester Derby and El Clasico. So, they have seen a lot of great matches. Not all though. They didn’t do ratings when Messi scored 4 in an El Clasico away at Madrid or he would have 3 10s. Or, maybe the first 11. Four goals and 2 assists against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu. So, Haaland still has something to shoot for.

Meanwhile, one of the Manchester dailies wrote today that Man City only paid a 60 Million Euro fee to Dortmund for him. Unreal. Of course, his salary is $375,000 a week. So far, worth every penny. Lots of NBA players are paid more than that.
That’s good stuff Mike. And yeah that was a 10 if ever there was one. His assist was just as good as the goals. I have a friend who had been following Haaland since he scored 9 goals in a youth international game several years ago. The guy has been sending me weekly updates on him for 5 years. Frankly it got annoying. This friend is also the only Man City fan I know, so imagine how annoying it can be for me now to have this guy going on and on about Haaland and City.

last year Dortmund would have sold him for 115-125 million but not a dime less. They knew they would only get half that this past window and that’s the decision they made because they wanted to make one last CL run with him. It’s frustrating for me because Chelsea could have had them if that’s what they wanted. But they thought Lukaku was more of an EPL sure thing. Boy did they blow that one.

That’s good stuff Mike. And yeah that was a 10 if ever there was one. His assist was just as good as the goals. I have a friend who had been following Haaland since he scored 9 goals in a youth international game several years ago. The guy has been sending me weekly updates on him for 5 years. Frankly it got annoying. This friend is also the only Man City fan I know, so imagine how annoying it can be for me now to have this guy going on and on about Haaland and City.

last year Dortmund would have sold him for 115-125 million but not a dime less. They knew they would only get half that this past window and that’s the decision they made because they wanted to make one last CL run with him. It’s frustrating for me because Chelsea could have had them if that’s what they wanted. But they thought Lukaku was more of an EPL sure thing. Boy did they blow that one.
I bet that friend a steak dinner that Haaland would score less than 15 goals in the premier League this year if he didn’t take penalties and 25 goals if he ended up being the penalty taker. Apparently he had to have assurances from Pep that he would be the designated taker if he were to sign there. Those 8-10 additional goals are mighty important for Ballon D’Or votes and translates to millions in future contracts and marketability. So I figured Haaland would get his 20 goals. But I Didnt imagine he’d be doing this. I knew Haaland was the real deal but I have just seen too many players come over from Germany and need a year to adjust to the league and that’s if they do at all. So I preferred the wait and see approach. Kind of like Chelsea and others did. Lol. What a mistake that was. So unless he gets hurt and is out for the rest of the year…I’ll be paying up.

They said he is on pace to score more than 65 goals this season. That is pretty insane. I wonder what kind of contract incentives he has for scoring goals.
His one assist was right on par with De Bruyne’s assist.

• Wow
Reactions: Fk_Pitt and jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT