ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN’s top 100 college football players for 2022…

thebadby2

Athletic Director
Sep 21, 2003
FWIW, which is very little. That’s emphasized by the fact that many of the players on this preseason list were not on last year’s preseason list.

take note of #9. Tell me what you see as wrong with that assessment of the player. It’s pretty obvious.

Only Pitt man on the list is Habby Baldonado at 86. I’m thinking Kancey and Dennis belonged as well. Not sure any of our offensive guys belong yet-but I expect next year’s list could include Bartholomew, Izzy and maybe one of our OLs.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...s-2022-anderson-jr-bryce-young-cj-stroud-more

No disrespect to Baldonado, but I feel like Kancey should be the guy if only one Pitt player is making the list. I think that goes to show how out-of-touch a lot of these rankings and articles are.

No disrespect to Baldonado, but I feel like Kancey should be the guy if only one Pitt player is making the list. I think that goes to show how out-of-touch a lot of these rankings and articles are.
No question on the out of touch comment. My favorite was with Addison: “he’s about to play in a better offense and with a better quarterback.”

Better offense than the #3 scoring/#8 passing offense in the country? Better QB than the Heisman finalist and #20 pick in the draft?

All you need to know about the overall validity of the poll.

darko2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ski11585
No question on the out of touch comment. My favorite was with Addison: “he’s about to play in a better offense and with a better quarterback.”

Better offense than the #3 scoring/#8 passing offense in the country? Better QB than the Heisman finalist and #20 pick in the draft?

I have to hope that the author meant a better offense this year (i.e. Slovis, Cignetti), or else that comment is just plain ignorant!

FWIW, which is very little. That’s emphasized by the fact that many of the players on this preseason list were not on last year’s preseason list.

take note of #9. Tell me what you see as wrong with that assessment of the player. It’s pretty obvious.

Only Pitt man on the list is Habby Baldonado at 86. I’m thinking Kancey and Dennis belonged as well. Not sure any of our offensive guys belong yet-but I expect next year’s list could include Bartholomew, Izzy and maybe one of our OLs.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...s-2022-anderson-jr-bryce-young-cj-stroud-more
So the author thinks KP last year will be inferior to Williams this year??? Good luck with that.

uh, I think they are talking about this year's QBs and offenses for respective teams...success of both or lack thereof yet to be determined but has nothing to do with last year..

Oh yeah…. #9……I didn’t recognize him without his sunglasses on……

uh, I think they are talking about this year's QBs and offenses for respective teams...success of both or lack thereof yet to be determined but has nothing to do with last year..
Uh, I think from the context of the sentence containing that statement, you’re wrong. You’re giving the numnuts who put this list together way too much credit.

“he was the best wideout in the country and is about to play in a better offense and with a better quarterback.”

Obviously implying that he should do even better this year than he did last year because in the author’s uninformed view he’s upgrading his scheme and QB.

Reactions: Ski11585
Did anyone watch last year's cfp final and come away with the conclusion that Bryce young would be the second best player in the country next year?

Fake news

Uh, I think from the context of the sentence containing that statement, you’re wrong. You’re giving the numnuts who put this list together way too much credit.

“he was the best wideout in the country and is about to play in a better offense and with a better quarterback.”

Obviously implying that he should do even better this year than he did last year because in the author’s uninformed view he’s upgrading his scheme and QB.
Yeah. That’s the only way to read it.

ADVERTISEMENT