ADVERTISEMENT

Espn FPI model has Pitt favored against all but Clemson

Who is to say WMU couldn't compete in the ACC at this point?
It’s less about WMU and more about us. I think we’ve actually gone up in these “FPI” rankings since losing a game, which I wouldn’t have expected regardless of the opponent.

Prior to the WMU game Pitt was 16 in the FPI. They then dropped to 25 and then rose back to 16 this week. The computers like Pitt and if not for special teams, would likely be even higher. I am more shocked that the O/U is 57.5 vs GT. Pitt has a highly efficient offense (even putt up more on the road against UT than the Gators did at home). I think Pitt can hit 40 again and GT also seems capable of scoring as they did against UNC. Not willing to bet Pitt will win given the defensive issues, but that O/U seems tempting to be hit by half time.

There has been a thought on this board for a long time that the offense means more in college football than defense. I guess we're about to find out.

The ACC is a total sh!t show and will probably eat itself alive. Clemson has two losses and I won't be shocked if that's the bare minimum for everyone in the conference this year. The conference championship is there for the taking. More so than any other season since Pitt joined.

Everyone, bet heavy on Pitt, every game!

Btw, on the latest Palm/CBS Bowl projections, he had VA Tech winning the ACC, with the logic that someone has to win it. That is, he wasn't exactly endorsing VT, just had to pick someone. But I thought it was a curious pick, shows all the reputation cred VT has. He also mentioned the ACC is likely to not have a team in the final top 12, and that part he is probably right on.

Everyone, bet heavy on Pitt, every game!

Btw, on the latest Palm/CBS Bowl projections, he had VA Tech winning the ACC, with the logic that someone has to win it. That is, he wasn't exactly endorsing VT, just had to pick someone. But I thought it was a curious pick, shows all the reputation cred VT has. He also mentioned the ACC is likely to not have a team in the final top 12, and that part he is probably right on.
I don't think that pick has anything to do with reputation. I think he just pulled name from his ass and it just so happened to be VaTech.

Reactions: mike 301

Computer models love the Pitt offense, and doesn't hate the defense as much as fans do.

Though only an 11.8% chance to win the conference.
Please stop. Someone posted this same type thread after the Tennessee game and WMU waxed us....let go one game at a time please.

Pitt lost the turnover battle 3-0 to WMU. They will look back at that one for a long time. They have the offense and QB to be 11-1. They can also be 9-3 or 8-4, but this should be the break out year.

Reactions: TD_6082
There has been a thought on this board for a long time that the offense means more in college football than defense. I guess we're about to find out.

The ACC is a total sh!t show and will probably eat itself alive. Clemson has two losses and I won't be shocked if that's the bare minimum for everyone in the conference this year. The conference championship is there for the taking. More so than any other season since Pitt joined.
I agree it's about the offense. As long as you can put up points, your team will compete. Pickett should be the best QB in every game he plays and that automatically puts Pitt at an advantage. All they need is average play from the ground game and defense to compete each week. Win the turnover battle and Pitt could go on a nice run.

ADVERTISEMENT