ADVERTISEMENT

Euro’s

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Have to start this thread again because the last one was hijacked. Hopefully we can keep the discussion going regarding the womens game.

@anon_d97v9o3a8b6xr i did not see the England/Norway game that you mentioned before the other thread was deleted. Guess it was an ass beating huh? I put the USA women on last night, and I think I watched 5 minutes before falling asleep. I wasn’t bored, I enjoy womens soccer. I just hate 10pm games and it seems like a majority of concacaf games start late. I hate that. In any event the US women knocked Mexico out of the World Cup and the Olympics.

back to the Norway game, one of my favorite players plays for them. She is one of the best players on a talented Chelsea team.

th

Late starts are terrible for anything. West Coast Bucco trips and like you said, with Concacaf. The biggest positive, the ladies knocked the Mexicans out of the WC. Looks like this WC cycle in men's and women's that Canada and the U.S. are pretty much the consistent top dogs.

How fast though has this women's and men's WC cycle gone. It just seems like last summer the ladies won #4.

Since you mentioned the Blues, ala the Lady Blues...on the men's side. What say you about Mr. Raheem Sterling signing?

Late starts are terrible for anything. West Coast Bucco trips and like you said, with Concacaf. The biggest positive, the ladies knocked the Mexicans out of the WC. Looks like this WC cycle in men's and women's that Canada and the U.S. are pretty much the consistent top dogs.

How fast though has this women's and men's WC cycle gone. It just seems like last summer the ladies won #4.

Since you mentioned the Blues, ala the Lady Blues...on the men's side. What say you about Mr. Raheem Sterling signing?
I’m not crazy about the signing but I suppose he’s a slight upgrade to Werner. My problem will come when Tuchel gets another winger and CP will be even more of a bench player. I’m probably biased, but I never saw our wingers as the Chelsea problem. The problem as I see it is uncreative midfielders and a 3 back system that makes our wingbacks our most creative players. If we were to switch to a back 4 and allow players like Pulisic to start from wider positions, I think CP can be a 15 goal scorer at Chelsea and chip in over 20 goal contributions easily.

I heard that Tuchel gave Sterling assurances that he was going to be “the guy” at Chelsea and Sterling wants to be included in Ballon d’Or discussions. If that’s true, we are doomed for the next 5 years. Personally for me, I think Sterling might yield marginal returns above last season, but not enough to make a difference.

I’m not crazy about the signing but I suppose he’s a slight upgrade to Werner. My problem will come when Tuchel gets another winger and CP will be even more of a bench player. I’m probably biased, but I never saw our wingers as the Chelsea problem. The problem as I see it is uncreative midfielders and a 3 back system that makes our wingbacks our most creative players. If we were to switch to a back 4 and allow players like Pulisic to start from wider positions, I think CP can be a 15 goal scorer at Chelsea and chip in over 20 goal contributions easily.

I heard that Tuchel gave Sterling assurances that he was going to be “the guy” at Chelsea and Sterling wants to be included in Ballon d’Or discussions. If that’s true, we are doomed for the next 5 years. Personally for me, I think Sterling might yield marginal returns above last season, but not enough to make a difference.
Sterling will never win that award, he's a very effective winger but effective doesn't win you the ballon d'or. I personally think Puli needs to ask for a transfer. I thought that all throughout last season when he was a yo-yo player under Tuchs. There was an article on ESPN FC the other day with the headline that Chiellini thinks Puli should give it a go at Juve. I don't think it'd be a bad move at all.

Tuchs seems to be stockpiling all these wingers but nothing up front. Chelsea will be by on talent alone but what separates them from Man City is Pep set his sights on a true #9 and there you have it, Haaland. City have everything now, if they don't win the Champions League with this current group, Pep will be slightly looked at as overrated.

London is going to have some really interesting derby's this coming season between Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

I think CP has a bright future somewhere. If Chelsea doesn’t realize his full potential and put him in a position to get full potential someone else will. Sterling is a very good player, but who knows how this will end. Ronaldo talks died fast and word is MU won’t let him go. Ronaldo is apparently away on personal leave, maybe he starts rethinking some things and finds a way out of England. These transfer are always interesting and sometimes work great but sometimes backfire. Chelsea is a club that is so damn close to being a bit better and hopefully competing against MC and Liverpool. Im tired of Liverpool and MC, but that’s because I play FIFA on XBOX and play online against people that only pick teams like Liverpool and MC because the game has inflated ratings which makes it tough to compete against.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Sterling will never win that award, he's a very effective winger but effective doesn't win you the ballon d'or. I personally think Puli needs to ask for a transfer. I thought that all throughout last season when he was a yo-yo player under Tuchs. There was an article on ESPN FC the other day with the headline that Chiellini thinks Puli should give it a go at Juve. I don't think it'd be a bad move at all.

Tuchs seems to be stockpiling all these wingers but nothing up front. Chelsea will be by on talent alone but what separates them from Man City is Pep set his sights on a true #9 and there you have it, Haaland. City have everything now, if they don't win the Champions League with this current group, Pep will be slightly looked at as overrated.

London is going to have some really interesting derby's this coming season between Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.
Yeah spurs and Arsenal have strengthened their squads.

I think CP has a bright future somewhere. If Chelsea doesn’t realize his full potential and put him in a position to get full potential someone else will. Sterling is a very good player, but who knows how this will end. Ronaldo talks died fast and word is MU won’t let him go. Ronaldo is apparently away on personal leave, maybe he starts rethinking some things and finds a way out of England. These transfer are always interesting and sometimes work great but sometimes backfire. Chelsea is a club that is so damn close to being a bit better and hopefully competing against MC and Liverpool. Im tired of Liverpool and MC, but that’s because I play FIFA on XBOX and play online against people that only pick teams like Liverpool and MC because the game has inflated ratings which makes it tough to compete against.
An angle I heard this morning on xM that I never heard before is that Ronaldo is worried about his champions league goal record. Messi is 13 goals behind him. So at this point Ronaldo would take a move to any UCL club. It’s just that no one can afford him and others don’t want him. As it stands right now, Ronaldo and Neymar have been offered to Chelsea. But Tuchel doesn’t want them. They have made inquiries for Lewandowski. But he only wants Chelsea if Barcelona can’t get a deal done with Bayern. Bayern wants all the money up front from Barcelona. Lewandowski’s wife doesn’t want London. And quite honestly if I’m Lewandowski I’m not sure Chelsea under Tuchel, and the more rugged premier league is a good career move.

An angle I heard this morning on xM that I never heard before is that Ronaldo is worried about his champions league goal record. Messi is 13 goals behind him. So at this point Ronaldo would take a move to any UCL club. It’s just that no one can afford him and others don’t want him. As it stands right now, Ronaldo and Neymar have been offered to Chelsea. But Tuchel doesn’t want them. They have made inquiries for Lewandowski. But he only wants Chelsea if Barcelona can’t get a deal done with Bayern. Bayern wants all the money up front from Barcelona. Lewandowski’s wife doesn’t want London. And quite honestly if I’m Lewandowski I’m not sure Chelsea under Tuchel, and the more rugged premier league is a good career move.
When I think of current Bayern, I think of Lewandowski. It’s a very good fit for him and Germany BL is a great league always has been. It just doesn’t get the same love as other leagues. I remember back in the 80s and 90s watching Soccer Made In Germany on tv. They played a featured game from the BL. My brother and I recorded every game and rewatched them over and over. Some of my favorite players to watch back in the day were Matthäus, Kahn, Rummenigge, klinsmann, Voler.

I just hate 10pm games and it seems like a majority of concacaf games start late. I hate that.

I hate it too, but it's easy to see why. First of all, most of CONCACAF is in the central time zone. And most of central America does not go on daylight savings time (although Mexico does). So a game that starts at 10:00 for us is either 8:00 or 9:00 local time. And then of course for games being played like the CONCACAF W tournament, in the middle of the summer, they want to be playing the games as late as they can to reduce the chance that heat affects things. As an example, as I type this it is 6:15 in Monterrey and it is still 97°. Rather toasty to be playing soccer in.

Matty Turner pitched a 90 minute shut out yesterday in Arsenal's friendly against Everton. Everton played a pretty strong squad. I know that doesn't mean much after that fiasco last year but it was against 1st teamers. The highlights I saw, he only had to make 1 save that took any effort.

I think Arsenal is gonna surprise. Jesus looks like a tremendous signing so far. I know it's summer and it's friendlies but he's in form for mid summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Matty Turner pitched a 90 minute shut out yesterday in Arsenal's friendly against Everton. Everton played a pretty strong squad. I know that doesn't mean much after that fiasco last year but it was against 1st teamers. The highlights I saw, he only had to make 1 save that took any effort.

I think Arsenal is gonna surprise. Jesus looks like a tremendous signing so far. I know it's summer and it's friendlies but he's in form for mid summer.
That’s good news about Turner. And as a chelsea supporter, they are making me nervous for top 4, along with Conte’s Spurs.

Anyone catch the final today? The first goal by England was absolutely sick. On a full sprint she chips the goalie with absolutely perfect placement. It was world class for sure.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Anyone catch the final today? The first goal by England was absolutely sick. On a full sprint she chips the goalie with absolutely perfect placement. It was world class for sure.
I watched it. It’s a shame we don’t have that kind of competition over here. I wonder what the tv ratings were in England. I forget what it was for the game vs Spain, but it was something ridiculous like 80% of the tv’s in use in England were tuned into the match.

i bet the numbers were through the roof. Especially with hosting and what was at stake to win euros for the first time. I watched a bunch of these games and it was great for womens soccer, in Europe. The loser in all this, all other continents that don’t have anything close to the euros.

i bet the numbers were through the roof. Especially with hosting and what was at stake to win euros for the first time. I watched a bunch of these games and it was great for womens soccer, in Europe. The loser in all this, all other continents that don’t have anything close to the euros.
No way the powers that be would give Elul the easy path the World Cup, but I’d love to see an American federation. Would rival UEFA for the club competitions.

I secretly hope England smokes the US.
Not me. I’m still a fan but they have to ditch their dead weight cancers. They’ll probably bring the main purple haired cancer along as a lifetime achievement award and let her play in front of 90K at one of the world Mecca’s of football.

Not me. I’m still a fan but they have to ditch their dead weight cancers. They’ll probably bring the main purple haired cancer along as a lifetime achievement award and let her play in front of 90K at one of the world Mecca’s of football.
Reason number 1 I hope they get smoked.

ADVERTISEMENT