ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition Game Versus Slippery Rock

Do you think we have a chance to win?

I don't know the first thing about Slippery Rock basketball.

But I do know these opponents can be much harder than fans expect. At the beginning of the 2004-2005 season, CMU was leading us at halftime.

The game could be fairly close, but I won't see that as telling us much.

But I do know these opponents can be much harder than fans expect. At the beginning of the 2004-2005 season, CMU was leading us at halftime.

Isn't that 04-05 team the one that struggled to make the NCAA's and bombed out in Boise v Pacific? So maybe it can tell us something about a team.But I agree maybe not so much this years.I really don't expect much from this year so any positive is a bonus.

Not funny in the least.
uh ya see cancer is a horrible disease that causes much anguish. Pitt basketball is in a horrible state that causes much anguish. I referenced no person or persons in particular so I am not sure who, cept for the perpetually offended, would take offense. Sorry.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

Isn't that 04-05 team the one that struggled to make the NCAA's and bombed out in Boise v Pacific? So maybe it can tell us something about a team.But I agree maybe not so much this years.I really don't expect much from this year so any positive is a bonus.

Yea. And the CBI team barely beat Kentucky Wesleyan. It was a 2 possession game late.

Was that the exhibition game versus CMU where they scored 40 points against Pitt in the first half? Big East teams at that time weren't scoring that much in one half so we were all shocked on here.

Was that the exhibition game versus CMU where they scored 40 points against Pitt in the first half? Big East teams at that time weren't scoring that much in one half so we were all shocked on here.

I think it was 47-45, CMU, at the half if I'm not mistaken.

I believe we ended up winning by 30, but the first half was not pretty.

They were 10-6 in the Big East and finished the regular season with road wins against league leader BC, then Notre Dame, to clinch their NCAA berth.

Not a great team by any stretch, but still a pretty decent one.

Yea. And the CBI team barely beat Kentucky Wesleyan. It was a 2 possession game late.

Not quite a two possession game. We were up by 12-14 or so most of the second half -- KW cut it to seven at some point under a minute I think.

Yep, was an awful year!!!!

That sort of thinking is what was wrong with pitt fans during the Dixon years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT