ADVERTISEMENT

Explain this NFL decision.

He must be well liked. The alternates are all based on player/coaches voting. He was like the 4th alternate. Derek Carr was the next pick I guess because he's going too. No matter who they picked would have been a joke of a choice.

Reactions: Salempanther2015
He was like the 4th alternate. Derek Carr was the next pick I guess because he's going too. No matter who they picked would have been a joke of a choice.

According to their Pro Bowl rankings, here are the best AFC quarterbacks this year, in order:

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Joe Burrow
3) Josh Allen
4) Tua Tagovailoa
5) Justin Herbert
6) Lamar Jackson

(OK, Jackson missed a good bit of time, but so far so good)
And then:

7) Tyler Huntley
8) Trevor Lawrence
9) Derick Carr

There isn't anything about that that makes any sense at all.

According to their Pro Bowl rankings, here are the best AFC quarterbacks this year, in order:

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Joe Burrow
3) Josh Allen
4) Tua Tagovailoa
5) Justin Herbert
6) Lamar Jackson

(OK, Jackson missed a good bit of time, but so far so good)
And then:

7) Tyler Huntley
8) Trevor Lawrence
9) Derick Carr

There isn't anything about that that makes any sense at all.

I dont watch a lot of NFL football but I watched Steelers/Ravens and my take on Huntley was "he doesnt suck as bad as I thought." So that's the 7th best QB? Ahead of Trevor Lawrence? This almost has to some type of prank video or something. Or one of those feel-good stories when everyone votes for the nerdy girl for Homecoming Queen.

oh well, I hope he has a big Pro bowl bonus so the Ravens can pay him another $1.25 mil for "making the Pro Bowl"
That's what I was thinking, I hope he had a clause in his contract that he'd get 6-7 figure$ or something for making the Pro Bowl :)

Reactions: Parkview57
Well it’s essentially shut down -
It’s a skill competition
It’s never been a real game anyway
It was pretty real in the 60s-70s-80s. They even had that game College All Stars vs. Super Bowl champs back then, imagine risking injury as a #1 pick to play in that game?

Reactions: Farnox
So 50 years ago ?!?
30-50 years ago, I think the game was played straight up until maybe the 90s, then it devolved more and more every year. Just because you don't remember it, doesn't make the comment less valid.

30-50 years ago, I think the game was played straight up until maybe the 90s, then it devolved more and more every year. Just because you don't remember it, doesn't make the comment less valid.
yeah but even when it was played "Straight" it still was boring as hell. no one in february cared, even if they did hit..

it just really really needs to go away. the game, the flag football, the skills challenge, all of it. just put an end to it.

yeah but even when it was played "Straight" it still was boring as hell. no one in february cared, even if they did hit..

it just really really needs to go away. the game, the flag football, the skills challenge, all of it. just put an end to it.
It was never must-see TV, but they did really play football for a while back then.

The networks want one last ratings grab before the NFL goes on hiatus. Unless they drag the draft out over an entire week. I understand why the players don't want to play but I think that there could be something in the flag football idea. Have enough players for an 8 or team (maybe 8 guys per team) tournament. Have D-linemen running pass patterns...or playing QB. Have the QB rush the passer (after a three count). Have each team play for a designated charity (the NFL could use the public image rehab and Lord knows they have the money)...escalating for how high each team finishes. Sure, the Pro Bowl is dead. But I think that there is enough novelty in the flag football idea to hang on for another 5 years or so....

I think the game was played straight up until maybe the 90s

Actually the last one of them they ever played was in 1976. The Stillers played in the last game. In the 3rd quarter a huge rain storm came through, after which a bunch of fans came onto the field and eventually they canceled the rest of the game in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: Parkview57
Actually the last one of them they ever played was in 1976. The Stillers played in the last game. In the 3rd quarter a huge rain storm came through, after which a bunch of fans came onto the field and eventually they canceled the rest of the game in the 3rd quarter.

this might be the only time ive ever seen Terry Hanratty actually play in a game with the steelers.

I was talking about the Pro Bowl, I knew the last College All Star Game was 1976. I remember I was watching that game when they called it.

Let’s wait for Kenny to actually be a pro bowl level caliber player before we care .

Would be interesting to see if Kenny turned them down. May never know.

Wirh Huntley, this may be his only chance. KP might be thinking that he wants to wait until he deserves it to be named.

I know the format might change in the future, but I figure they still announce “pro bowlers”

I was talking about the Pro Bowl, I knew the last College All Star Game was 1976. I remember I was watching that game when they called it.

My bad, I misunderstood.

But it did get a great link to the last college All Star game, so some good came of it.

Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT