ADVERTISEMENT

Fan cutouts are here

Maybe...but have you ever tried to blow up a picture to significant size. It’s not cheap and they are using it as a fund raiser.

No I agree. I am planning on doing it but I was hoping it would align with others that were around 50

Not going to lie... he was on my list... I don’t need a giant picture of myself mailed to me when season is over, so I will probably go with something that can be repurposed for the man cave at season’s end.

not so much in production but in the post production labor of having it removed early third quarter...
An ingenious attempt to recoup refunded ticket money.... Will they string them together for the Sweet Caroline sway? Conga line walk out the stadium?

An ingenious attempt to recoup refunded ticket money.... Will they string them together for the Sweet Caroline sway? Conga line walk out the stadium?

I mean, they are $100 for the whole year. What is athletic department making off of these after the cost to produce and having people set them up up and take them down every game? This company sells 3 foot cardboard standups for $70 each. I'm sure the athletic department is getting a bulk deal, but are they even making $50? It is better than nothing but this is not really going to make up for a lot of lost revenue of from the home games.

I mean, they are $100 for the whole year. What is athletic department making off of these after the cost to produce and having people set them up up and take them down every game? This company sells 3 foot cardboard standups for $70 each. I'm sure the athletic department is getting a bulk deal, but are they even making $50? It is better than nothing but this is not really going to make up for a lot of lost revenue of from the home games.
one would think they would give them out to students for free for hosing them with facility fees and other charges on their tuition bills for service paid for but inaccessible...

Reactions: pittdan77
one would think they would give them out to students for free for hosing them with facility fees and other charges on their tuition bills for service paid for but inaccessible...

Who? The athletic department does not collect facilities fees or apply charges to students' tuition bills.

Pitt has reduced its student activity fee by 20% across all campuses. Pitt' Student Government Board gets most of this money and handles how it is spent. The fee was reduced based on their recommendation.

Some student recreational facilities receive a portion of the wellness fee, which includes health services and counseling, the cost of which is way up this year. Except for Bellefield Hall, these facilities are also operating, although on adjusted schedules.

The only other fees are security and transportation (for access to PAT and Pitt shuttles which are operational) and computer networking (obviously used now more than ever).

Last edited:
Why didn't the Pirates go full on with cutouts like most other mlb teams have? Did they just want it to look like pnc normally does,that being empty.lol But you would have thought nut case would have ripped the fans off somehow this year.What better way with overpriced cutouts of themselves or others.

Why didn't the Pirates go full on with cutouts like most other mlb teams have? Did they just want it to look like pnc normally does,that being empty.lol But you would have thought nut case would have ripped the fans off somehow this year.What better way with overpriced cutouts of themselves or others.

Nutting actually tried to use leftover newspapers to do this, but MLB nixed it.

Reactions: pierre93
Why didn't the Pirates go full on with cutouts like moKst other mlb teams have? Did they just want it to look like pnc normally does,that being empty.lol But you would have thought nut case would have ripped the fans off somehow this year.What better way with overpriced cutouts of themselves or others.
Good question but consider who owns the Pirates. Horrible franchise

In principle I have no problem with selling cutouts. Capitalism, 'n'at. And I can understand Pitt alums opening the wallet for Dear Old U-N-I.... and the same for fans suffering from Separation Anxiety who want to kinda sorta Beeeee There in the hallowed Pickle Palace.

But for me this is an attempted cash recovery, however fractional and fun it may be. Like the letter from Gallagher I just shredded asking for support through the pandemic. If I must stay home, my money stays home with me.

Who? The athletic department does not collect facilities fees or apply charges to students' tuition bills.

Pitt has reduced its student activity fee by 20% across all campuses. Pitt' Student Government Board gets most of this money and handles how it is spent. The fee was reduced based on their recommendation.

Some student recreational facilities receive a portion of the wellness fee, which includes health services and counseling, the cost of which is way up this year. Except for Bellefield Hall, these facilities are also operating, although on adjusted schedules.

The only other fees are security and transportation (for access to PAT and Pitt shuttles which are operational) and computer networking (obviously used now more than ever).
take it easy Taco I know you are all in on the Pitt-can-do-no-wrong ever choo choo train , but take it easy...

Pitt has not reduced tuition...but do ramble on and tell me these kids are still getting the same education digitally...

also seems to me my son sitting in an apartment in Shadyside and taking grad classes online should not be required to be paying a security and transportation fee of $90. For what? Why gee, almost the cost of a cutout...

Last edited:
In principle I have no problem with selling cutouts. Capitalism, 'n'at. And I can understand Pitt alums opening the wallet for Dear Old U-N-I.... and the same for fans suffering from Separation Anxiety who want to kinda sorta Beeeee There in the hallowed Pickle Palace.

But for me this is an attempted cash recovery, however fractional and fun it may be. Like the letter from Gallagher I just shredded asking for support through the pandemic. If I must stay home, my money stays home with me.
I hear you but your fight should be reserved for the Governor. PITT had no choice with any of this.

When all decisions are punted to the state instead of national metrics and standards of recommendation in a pandemic from the federal -
Don’t blame the governor for being cautious
It is Constitution Day. Try reading it. There are 50 Governors doing different things. We can look at them and judge them accordingly. In this case, the judgement is very easily made. Ours is an idiot. It isn't like they weren't given guidance.

Fun idea. A Wanny cutout or a Ditka one would be hilarious. A cutout of the girl from Flashdance would be kinda funny as well.

They actually do have cutouts, but they are not in a place that they are normally on camera. But they didn't sell them to the public, I think a lot of them are players wives and kids and the like.

MLB-TWINS-PIRATES.jpg

take it easy Taco I know you are all in on the Pitt-can-do-no-wrong ever choo choo train , but take it easy...

Pitt has not reduced tuition...but do ramble on and tell me these kids are still getting the same education digitally...

also seems to me my son sitting in an apartment in Shadyside and taking grad classes online should not be required to be paying a security and transportation fee of $90. For what? Why gee, almost the cost of a cutout...

Pitt has also not raised their tuition, which factoring in inflation, is effectively a cut. Costs to the university to operate in this remote-operating hybrid scenario are actually up, way up past the rate of inflation.

It is up to your son to take advantage of the public and university transportation his fees are paying for. PAT doesn't just service campus facilities, which are open. Gymns, libraries, labs, health facilities, and study spaces are open. Buildings must still be maintained and secured. University police are still patrolling the campus and surrounding neighborhoods. Same as any student under normal conditions that does or does not utilize services.

No one wants to be in this situation, not students, not faculty, not staff, and not the university administration. No one is winning, everyone is jut trying to get through it intact.

Last edited:
Fun idea. A Wanny cutout or a Ditka one would be hilarious. A cutout of the girl from Flashdance would be kinda funny as well.

A cutout of Ditka between Obama and Bernie would be an excellent troll move.

When all decisions are punted to the state instead of national metrics and standards of recommendation in a pandemic from the federal -
Don’t blame the governor for being cautious
I don't blame the governor at all. Much as I dislike missing the games, I'd prefer everyone stays healthy through this. COVID-19 hasn't shown us its whole playbook, I fear.

Pitt should put together an interactive "paintball" range with the visages of Chancellor John Bowman, Ed Bozik, Paul Hackett, Pedey, Todd Graham, Oval Jaynes, the guy who hired Stallings, Ralph Willard and other infamous Pitt athletics figures in a grid. Charge $5 a pop for 5 shots of the paintball rifle. Choose from the Pedey colors or the new colors.

How bout' cutouts of those two grumpy guys from The Muppets sitting by themselves in the upper EZ?

ADVERTISEMENT