Not in order

Stevie Nicks
The Wilson sisters
Tina Turner
Amy Lee
Tatiana Shmaylyuk

(Wait for it)

P.S.
Some of you dudes are really are on R.E.M.'s nuts.

Ahh yes, Louise Post and I shared a moment one time.

MV5BMGMyOGU5YzEtNDFmNS00NTIxLWEwMzMtNTllZmE4NjZiNjU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Since no one is really going far back, I will.
Judy Garland
Sarah Vaughan
Ella Fitzgerald
Barbra Streisand
Timi Yuro
Dinah Washington
Peggy Lee
Brenda Lee
Patsy Cline
Not as far back;
Minnie Riperton
Teena Marie
Dusty Springfield

In the other and weird category, I can go with Aubrey Plaza. I like her voice even though her shtick is bat $hit crazy.

Hayley Williams from Paramore. Not in the same class as others but I like her voice and they put out some decent power pop.

I agree with you she should be strictly a studio artist. I just like the video
I honestly knew nothing about her so went in with no preconceived opinions. She seems very popular so it must be her studio work.

Did I miss something or were Adele and Emmylou Harris somehow not in this thread already? How is that even possible? What about Amy Winehouse, may she RIP?

Many listed above aren’t even on the same planet as these as far as vocal talents.

Did I miss something or were Adele and Emmylou Harris somehow not in this thread already? How is that even possible? What about Amy Winehouse, may she RIP?

Many listed above aren’t even on the same planet as these as far as vocal talents.

I'd probably like Adele more is every one of her radio hits didn't sound so much alike. I'm sure there is variety in her catalogue but I never bothered to find out. Probably an unpopular opinion but I think Florence Welch has a better voice.

Stevie Nicks
Donna Summer
Ann Wilson-lead singer for Heart with songs Barracuda,Even It Up, Straight On

I like Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson was a pretty good singer herself when she was lead. These Dreams is a pretty great piece of 80s pop.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I go back to the late 60s- early 70s.The best female voices as far as just pure quality of voice were

Linda Ronstadt
Karen Carpenter
Roberta Flack
Mama Cass
Judy Collins
But the best in my opinion was Judith Durham, the lead singer of the Seekers.
Nice list....but where does Aretha fit?? I always liked Ronstadt. Ketty Lester was good, too. Tina was the most fun.

Nice list....but where does Aretha fit?? I always liked Ronstadt. Ketty Lester was good, too. Tina was the most fun.
Yes, Aretha could sing. I thought she screamed it out oo much but put her on the list too. But Judith Durham had a quality to her voice unmatched IMO.

I'd probably like Adele more is every one of her radio hits didn't sound so much alike. I'm sure there is variety in her catalogue but I never bothered to find out. Probably an unpopular opinion but I think Florence Welch has a better voice.
I’m just talking about voice-Adele has one. So does Flo.

And Emmylou is the GOAT in her genre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT