ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite SONG of all time...

Other good ones...

Brown Eyed Girl - by Van Morrison

Piano Man - by Billy Joel

American Pie - by Don McLean

Appropriate song for this Quarantine:
The End of the World As We Know It - by REM

As far as RAP . I just appreciate the dudes (and dudettes) that hit it yet don't forget there local roots . That's pretty awesome I think .

“Help!”
Like a Rollin’ Stone
Blowin’ in the Wind
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Hotel California
Forever
God Only Knows

Have to add a Smokey tune — “Bad Girl”

So many “bests” and “favorites”...

Last edited:
Favorite (and most moving and powerful) song I saw in person (on Broadway)

If you had to pick JUST ONE, I know it's hard to pick JUST ONE, but try, mine...

"Behind Blue Eyes" - The Who
Oh, boy! That’s a doozy. I’ll have to think on that one.

“Three Days,” by Jane’s Addiction maybe. I absolutely love that song — always have. That was the first one to pop into my head but maybe that’s because I heard it the other day on the radio and it hit the spot! It has been stuck in my head ever since.

I don’t know if it’s a super well-known song, but it’s an absolute epic, IMHO and it really captures the sheer brilliance of one of my favorite bands of all-time.

Jane’s had every thing you ever needed. Great showmanship, unbelievable lyrics, great guitarist, tremendous percussion and most of all tremendous sound diversity. They could come at you from a variety of different angles -– which is my number one criteria for any band.

This song is like the best conversations you’ve ever had in your life. It starts in one spot and ends up in a radically different spot and you just find yourself saying at the end, “How the hell did we get here from where we started?!”

It’s just incredible artistry.

However, there are literally thousands of other strong candidates for that mantle.

Last edited:
Here’s another one that I’ve always loved. Again, not super well-known but absolutely incredible.

Here’s a dark horse but I’ve always loved this song too. I’m not the world’s biggest M. Ward fan, but this is wonderful.

Here’s another song every serious music fan should know. It’s just an outstanding song from a band who has made several dozen outstanding songs over the years.

Last edited:
Oh, boy! That’s a doozy. I’ll have to think on that one.

“Three Days,” by Jane’s Addiction maybe. I absolutely love that song — always have. That was the first one to pop into my head but maybe that’s because I heard it the other day on the radio and it hit the spot! It has been stuck in my head ever since.

I don’t know if it’s a super well-known song, but it’s an absolute epic, IMHO and it really captures the sheer brilliance of one of my favorite bands of all-time.

Jane’s had every thing you ever needed. Great showmanship, unbelievable lyrics, great guitarist, tremendous percussion and most of all tremendous sound diversity. They could come at you from a variety of different angles -– which is my number one criteria for any band.

This song is like the best conversations you’ve ever had in your life. It starts in one spot and ends up in a radically different spot and you just find yourself saying at the end, “How the hell did we get here from where we started?!”

It’s just incredible artistry.

However, there are literally thousands of other strong candidates for that mantle.
Yes! Love 3 Days. It is mesmerizing. Jane's best work along with Coming Down the Mountain.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
Here’s another one that I’ve always loved. Again, not super well-known but absolutely incredible.
Doc, your taste in music is great. LOL....well it is very similar to mine. That is a great song. The Cure has so many songs that weren't radio hits. In fact, most of their best songs may have touched college radio charts, but not American regular radio.

I listed 11 O'Clock Tick Tock by U2, but it has to be a live version. Like many U2 songs, they really come out better live than the studio versions.

This is another....it is actually 2 songs but always played as one.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
Paint it Black- Rolling Stones

I'm a huge Stones fan but I never understood why people like this song so much. I could probably list 200 of their songs that I like better.

Really tough to pick just one song, but I'll say Have I Told You Lately. I like the version by Van Morrison with The Chieftans best.

Depends on the genre for me... here’s two.
“I wanna be your man”
-Roger Troutman (Zapp)

“wild Horses”
-The Sunday’s
The chorus is the real hook.

Reactions: Nibblio
ADVERTISEMENT