ADVERTISEMENT

Fede Brother

Just curious, why wouldn't a school do it? Are his grades too low or his coursework otherwise suggest that the curriculum at Mt Lebo would be too difficult?
Pretty sure Lebo uses their I20 for foreign exchange program and they want to win with the kids that grew up in the district.

I think you are way off on this. I would guess most schools would be happy to take a D1 kid from Africa
Ha. You’re right. I’m wrong. You’ve dealt with WPIAL schools on this and were in on the only high profile African kid case this year, not me. I wasn’t the key witness in getting the kid eligible after several schools protested or anything.

Amazing how people who DONT deal with this sort of thing know more than people who do.

Ha. You’re right. I’m wrong. You’ve dealt with WPIAL schools on this and were in on the only high profile African kid case this year, not me. I wasn’t the key witness in getting the kid eligible after several schools protested or anything.

Amazing how people who DONT deal with this sort of thing know more than people who do.

Seriously, why isn't he on your ignore list yet? Lol

If having knowledge about something was a prerequisite for posting, this board would be nearly empty. Well, at least I would post less and I rarely post as it is.

Hypothetically, lets say you walk into friggin Bentworth and tell them you have a D1 kid from Mali coming in and they'll win WPIALs. They're telling you no?

How SMF thinks this works: hey coach would you like to have this 6’8 African kid play for you

How it really works: identify a kid overseas, make a connection, talk to their parents, find a school that has an I20, have them write the I20, schedule a visit with the government to approve the I20, schedule an appointment with our embassy in whatever country, have the kid memorize every single thing on that I20, recite it perfectly or it will be denied, buy airline tickets (process costs $2500ish just to get them over) pick them up at the airport, find a host family (hopefully done in the meantime before he comes) that can afford an extra $1000 a month because feeding 6’8 or above teenagers is expensive, then you begin to deal with the local school.

Deal with the principal, meet with superintendent, make it clear the coach did not recruit the kid (anything in text between coach and 3rd party, immediate ineligibility in WPIAL), convince parents that their 5’9 white kid can’t play varsity that year, convince kids that their playing time being reduced is a good thing, find a way to speak to the African (while most know 4-5 languages, English is not good, more the comprehension than the speaking) try to integrate them into the offense and defense and how we play in America. Most don’t do anything but workout over there.

Host family: feed, clothe take care of a new 6’8 + teenager with the added expenses and time that is completely unnecessary to your life for the next 3 years. Estimated extra cost 50k after everything.

But yea, Burrell or freedom or Bentworth will just sign up for all of those headaches

How SMF thinks this works: hey coach would you like to have this 6’8 African kid play for you

How it really works: identify a kid overseas, make a connection, talk to their parents, find a school that has an I20, have them write the I20, schedule a visit with the government to approve the I20, schedule an appointment with our embassy in whatever country, have the kid memorize every single thing on that I20, recite it perfectly or it will be denied, buy airline tickets (process costs $2500ish just to get them over) pick them up at the airport, find a host family (hopefully done in the meantime before he comes) that can afford an extra $1000 a month because feeding 6’8 or above teenagers is expensive, then you begin to deal with the local school.

Deal with the principal, meet with superintendent, make it clear the coach did not recruit the kid (anything in text between coach and 3rd party, immediate ineligibility in WPIAL), convince parents that their 5’9 white kid can’t play varsity that year, convince kids that their playing time being reduced is a good thing, find a way to speak to the African (while most know 4-5 languages, English is not good, more the comprehension than the speaking) try to integrate them into the offense and defense and how we play in America. Most don’t do anything but workout over there.

Host family: feed, clothe take care of a new 6’8 + teenager with the added expenses and time that is completely unnecessary to your life for the next 3 years. Estimated extra cost 50k after everything.

But yea, Burrell or freedom or Bentworth will just sign up for all of those headaches

Why did you type all that? The headache and expensese are on the guardian. We all know that. For Bentworth, its plug and play.

Why did you type all that? The headache and expensese are on the guardian. We all know that. For Bentworth, its plug and play.
I’m not saying this to be rude, but you’re really effing stupid. You clearly didn’t read or comprehend the entire post. It’s 1000 step process just to be able to convince “bentworth” whatever the hell that is just to “plug and play” a kid and let the kid they developed for 12 years sit on the bench.

FWIW, and it won’t be worth much because you’re not intelligent, every school in the North Hills said no to my African kids this year. And will say no to federiko. It’s not worth the headache for the coaches

I’m not saying this to be rude, but you’re really effing stupid. You clearly didn’t read or comprehend the entire post. It’s 1000 step process just to be able to convince “bentworth” whatever the hell that is just to “plug and play” a kid and let the kid they developed for 12 years sit on the bench.

FWIW, and it won’t be worth much because you’re not intelligent, every school in the North Hills said no to my African kids this year. And will say no to federiko. It’s not worth the headache for the coaches

How are you not understanding? You go to Bentworth with the "idea" of bringing in a D1 African kid. Like: "Hey, Mr. Bentworth, I'd like to bring in a D1 kid from West Africa in the next year or 2. Can he go to your school and play for your team?" 1 of the 100 schools in the area is saying yes. They don't necessarily care WHO the player is. They arent checking recruiting rankings. Its the idea of a player like that coming in. They are either for the idea or against it.

Also, do you have guardians or host families lined up because I know at least 1 local coach who would take your Africans.

How are you not understanding? You go to Bentworth with the "idea" of bringing in a D1 African kid. Like: "Hey, Mr. Bentworth, I'd like to bring in a D1 kid from West Africa in the next year or 2. Can he go to your school and play for your team?" 1 of the 100 schools in the area is saying yes. They don't necessarily care WHO the player is. They arent checking recruiting rankings. Its the idea of a player like that coming in. They are either for the idea or against it.

Also, do you have guardians or host families lined up because I know at least 1 local coach who would take your Africans.
i placed the best one already in North Carolina, placed another at local school and have another one in Ohio. Dorm situations for the North Carolina and Ohio kid.

I don't do business with anyone I don't know will take care of the kid so I doubt I would trust some local coach I don't know.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias[2] whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a certain type of task or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge. Some researchers also include in their definition the opposite effect for high performers: their tendency to underestimate their skills.

ADVERTISEMENT