ADVERTISEMENT

Federico vs Hugley

he will be a major asset against any team. He is much better than anyone thought. he won't dominate like today, but he will have a lot of good games. The +/- differential with him on the floor is astounding.
He has been a godsend. I have to wonder if we even win today without him. There really is no comparison between the two right now. It is more of a contrast. One is tall, skinny, and mobile and can play above the rim. The other is out of shape, slow, and plays far below the rim, especially for a guy 6'9". It is clear that this team has serious problems defending as evidenced by our struggles defending an NEC team. However, we are far worse defending when Fede isn't out there. We move the ball better on offense when Fede is out their as well.
I wish we had one more big with Fede's capabilities, he makes us better.

He has been a godsend. I have to wonder if we even win today without him. There really is no comparison between the two right now. It is more of a contrast. One is tall, skinny, and mobile and can play above the rim. The other is out of shape, slow, and plays far below the rim, especially for a guy 6'9". It is clear that this team has serious problems defending as evidenced by our struggles defending an NEC team. However, we are far worse defending when Fede isn't out there. We move the ball better on offense when Fede is out their as well.
I wish we had one more big with Fede's capabilities, he makes us better.
He fixes spacing on both ends
John doesn’t
It’s that simple

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Its simply incredible that he went from All-ACC to not being able to play at this level. He's going to have to transfer down to RMU or some place like that.
I was just trying to think of another Pitt player who fell further and faster then Hugley has in one year. I am at a loss to think of anyone.

I was just trying to think of another Pitt player who fell further and faster then Hugley has in one year. I am at a loss to think of anyone.
Because typically players improve with age -
And don’t eat themselves into a stupor

Nobody and its not even close. I'm not sure anyone in college basketball history has fallen as far as Hugley. All-conference to mid-major. Maybe not even mid-major. Maybe low major. He is basically Rozelle Nix right now

Nobody and its not even close. I'm not sure anyone in college basketball history has fallen as far as Hugley. All-conference to mid-major. Maybe not even mid-major. Maybe low major. He is basically Rozelle Nix right now
Might want to pump the brakes on the demise of Hugley. Keep in mind that Damon Wilson once went for 20 and he was garbage.

Well if you take medical into consideration, the steepest and one of the most precipitous falls was Brian Shorter. Incredible talent showed up one autumn day and couldn’t leap over a dime. That team could’ve should’ve.

With how he looks now, it makes you wonder how he could have a scholarship to play basketball. He wasn't that great last year. What he did do was take up a lot of room and muscle his way around. Fede is a lot better than Hugley last year or this year. If we had Fede with Gueye last year, Hugley would have been on the bench more than 2/3 of the game.

I believe everyone now agrees Pitt is better with Federiko on the floor than Hugley. If my numbers are correct Federiko was a +28 today while John was a -6.
Federiko Federiko had a double double, which was good good.

Seriously, with the way Hugley has been playing Fede has gone from being a pleasant surprise to an absolute necessity.

With how he looks now, it makes you wonder how he could have a scholarship to play basketball. He wasn't that great last year. What he did do was take up a lot of room and muscle his way around. Fede is a lot better than Hugley last year or this year. If we had Fede with Gueye last year, Hugley would have been on the bench more than 2/3 of the game.

that's a bit dramatic. lets see how Fede does the remainder of the year. I am super bullish on Fede.. I was whenever we snagged him and people said over and over again he's not an upgrade over Collier. Funny.

Hugley this year v last isn't the same guy. I agree with part of the skill set where he just bullies guys, but he does have touch around the basket and I believe he can stretch the court better than everyone gives him credit for.

In order for him to be better than Fede, he needs to dominate on offense, and he did just that last year.

If we're talking pro potential.. give me Fede all day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT