ADVERTISEMENT

Ffrench

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Needs to get his emotions under control

Needs to learn to take what's there and make quicker decisions on that

Needs to improve ball protection - fumble last week and handling football like loaf of bread this week on punt return - Narduzzi said that caused him to be replaced by Ford who did fumble

He made a great block, but Carter scores without it.

Nice punt return though.
Ffrench hits the defender on the 7, and Carter is on the 6. I doubt Carter gets in if Ffrence doesn't make the block.

There were 38 seconds left when Carter scored, so maybe 30 if he were tackled. I would hope Pitt could score from about the two, but who knows.

Before he was replaced as the punt returner, he fielded a punt on a hard bounce that he caught at his knees. It was a good hands play, but he never should've tried. Its forgotten because he made the grab, but if he'd muffed that thing, everyone would've been saying he never should've risked even trying to grab it. He was replaced by Ford on the next punt, for what Narduzzi said was a ball security issue. I'm assuming that his decision to not let that one bounce by him played a roll in his decision.

Before he was replaced as the punt returner, he fielded a punt on a hard bounce that he caught at his knees. It was a good hands play, but he never should've tried. Its forgotten because he made the grab, but if he'd muffed that thing, everyone would've been saying he never should've risked even trying to grab it. He was replaced by Ford on the next punt, for what Narduzzi said was a ball security issue. I'm assuming that his decision to not let that one bounce by him played a roll in his decision.
It sounded like it was more because after he fielded the ball he ran with the ball in one hand that was several inches away from his body.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT