ADVERTISEMENT

First transfer - Brandon George

Played the game of his life against FSU.

This is kind of where things get confusing, though. He obviously wasn't a great player, so part of me thinks oh well. But then you have to be able to replace him with someone better; otherwise, you're losing valuable depth. Can we do that? I don't know.

The middle LBs were atrocious all year. Him and/or Simon were pretty bad. If he can't be replaced then we've got some really big problems.

Gouging the eyes of a Cuse player while you're being thoroughly embarrassed was his coup de grace.

Yeah, as much as I wanted to like him for his size and athletic ability, he never actually really displayed those tools in a game consistently. He was one I thought would be a beast when he came here. Poor tackling, and bad angles. We shall see where he ends up.

Sadly? Like he didn’t want to leave but was told to move on, maybe?
Maybe he was. Transfers like this don't
bother me all that much because he
stayed with the program for his five
yrs. He actually redshirtted for one
year and played four yrs. He earned
his degree. Guys like this honored their
"contract" if you want to call it that.
Going on to grad school and maybe
getting a Masters degree from a
different school while playing there
isn't a bad deal as I see it. Good for
the resume too. He's not a quitter
in my book.

Last edited:
Sadly? Like he didn’t want to leave but was told to move on, maybe?
Exactly. Exit interviews today. Didn’t go well. Yeah, he had a good game or series. But look. Nice young LB room next year and one of the best backers from prep from Jersey coming aboard. Perhaps Duzz saw what plugging 5th and 6th year players as auto starters will do. No $$$ coming to George. Gone. And bye.

Reactions: FireballZ
Exactly. Exit interviews today. Didn’t go well. Yeah, he had a good game or series. But look. Nice young LB room next year and one of the best backers from prep from Jersey coming aboard. Perhaps Duzz saw what plugging 5th and 6th year players as auto starters will do. No $$$ coming to George. Gone. And bye.
Unless we have some inside info, it's
still "maybe" at this point.

Played the game of his life against FSU.

This is kind of where things get confusing, though. He obviously wasn't a great player, so part of me thinks oh well. But then you have to be able to replace him with someone better; otherwise, you're losing valuable depth. Can we do that? I don't know.

I would cut anyone who has only 1 year left, other than maybe a couple (which I cannot think of off the top of my head). I dont want last-yeat guys playing next year. The team isnt going to be good. This is a total rebuild. Bring in younger guys.

Yeah, as much as I wanted to like him for his size and athletic ability, he never actually really displayed those tools in a game consistently. He was one I thought would be a beast when he came here. Poor tackling, and bad angles. We shall see where he ends up.
Size yes he was a big kid. But Athletic ability? He was by far the slowest LB. A major liability in pass coverage. In this D LB,s have to be able to cover and he couldn’t. Good luck to him but we can and should find a better MLB in the portal.

I wouldn’t mind one of the young guys like Bass or Lovelace making the move to MLB. Both have the athletic ability, especially Bass and I really like the FB IQ of Lovelace.

Reactions: singregardless
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT