ADVERTISEMENT

First undefeated non-conference season?

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
Is this the year we finally pull it off? Knowing Pitt we beat WVU then drop a clunker to Youngstown st.

In all honesty I think we do it this year. Looking at the schedule this could be a much better season than anticipated.

Reactions: dave97
There is a first for everything. I have never experienced it in my adult life. We are way past due.

Will be tough. Thought when we beat Tennessee in 2021 that would be the year but shit the bed against western Michigan

I think he’s saying doubtful because Pitt literally has never gone undefeated against non-conference opponents.
I think he said "It would be doubtful to beat wvu" uh, because that is what he said

I think it's doubtful they beat WVU but I am not sure how good wvu is or how good pitt is.

WVU is really bad but we arent good either. I have been saying for a year that WVU stinks. Their record last year was a result of them only playing the bottom of the Big 12. They got ran off the field at home in their Super Bowl vs Penn State, who nearly lost to Bowling Green.

I dont mean to take any shine off our win today because it was glorious but 2 bad teams will be playing Saturday. The good news for each is neither team has a difficult schedule so each can go 8-4 or 9-3 and still not be very good.

Its truly incredible we have never gone undefeated in non-conference. In fact, I think we've only been 3-0 once in 40 years which is insane considering you really get 1 or 2 cupcakes in the first 3. I would have picked us to beat WVU had we lost to Cincy but now I dont see how we this can be the year that we go undefeated in non-conference. That just seems impossible.

WVU is really bad but we arent good either. I have been saying for a year that WVU stinks. Their record last year was a result of them only playing the bottom of the Big 12. They got ran off the field at home in their Super Bowl vs Penn State, who nearly lost to Bowling Green.

I dont mean to take any shine off our win today because it was glorious but 2 bad teams will be playing Saturday. The good news for each is neither team has a difficult schedule so each can go 8-4 or 9-3 and still not be very good.

Its truly incredible we have never gone undefeated in non-conference. In fact, I think we've only been 3-0 once in 40 years which is insane considering you really get 1 or 2 cupcakes in the first 3. I would have picked us to beat WVU had we lost to Cincy but now I dont see how we this can be the year that we go undefeated in non-conference. That just seems impossible.

West Virginia isn’t “really bad.” They are probably a 40-ish level type in an analytic model.

They just aren’t a really good team. Just in that tier of P4 teams where the name on the helmet is interchangeable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT