ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

zenmeister1992

Prep
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2021
I was just thinking about with Pitt starting 4-0 this season, last year was obviously a down year, but the two years prior to that combining for 20 wins, and we haven't really seen an uptick in recruiting. I can't remember the last 5 star that Pitt got. For some reason I'm thinking Shayne Hale who I believe ended up not playing much and eventually transferring. These winning seasons are great, but I can't help but think that unless they can turn these winning seasons into better recruiting, it will only be temporary until we get back to the 7-5, 6-6 norm that we have come to be used to most years. I think of college football in almost a tier-based system, and I think schools are sometimes given opportunities to move from one tier to another. I think if Pitt finishes this season 10-2 (prior to bowl, or possible ACC championship game) then you have to be able to really turn it into something in terms of high school recruits. Just a long form post here, but curious if there are any other Pitt fans that feel this way.

My questions that I don't know the answers to are: Potentially with rumors of Heather Lyke not buying into or giving a ton of thought into NIL if that may potentially be a reason? Is it Narduzzi? Facilities? Game atmosphere? etc?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.