ADVERTISEMENT

For rolling in the mud for three months...

Oct 25, 2021
We didn't come out smelling too bad.

Kept Bartholomew and Hammond somehow.

Did lose Okunlola, but picking up two DEs that seemingly have some potential could be a net wash at worst, with the possibility of being a net gain.

Jules for James is probably a net loss (basing that on portal interest), but if we can add another decent DT to the mix then it might be a decent 2-for-1 trade.

Kept the recruiting class mostly in tact, somehow.

Did lose Goncalves, Means, and Devonshire... but at least it was to the NFL, which stings less than them transferring out.

Might have an offensive system that doesn't suck to watch.

I still think we absolutely need another DT, another WR, another LB, probably another CB, possibly another RB, and a QB in the portal. Oh, and someone who can punt the ball farther than my cat. Sounds like we are also adding another interior OL, which will be good in conjunction with Jacoby coming back. But things didn't get as bad as they could have. I'd love to at least get back into that 7/8 win sweet spot next season.

They should just tell Veilleux to leave. Bring in 2 new ones.
I have no idea how 2 new punters at least have not already been brought in.
2 years in a row where punting has cost us multiple games.
Absolutely need 2 more corners.

our punting has been the worst in the p5 for the past 2 years. I don't know how we don't bring someone new in.

Reactions: Dan1911
I saw last night on Twitter a punter (from VMI I believe) was offered. Don’t know anything about him but I’m sure a Google search would.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
i was hoping this 14 day window for all players to be able to transfer was going to help him "move on" to a lower level where he can play.
Careful what u wish for…new scheme may expose QB’s to more hits and time in the tent….need as many as you can on board. But you’re right Lol.

I saw last night on Twitter a punter (from VMI I believe) was offered. Don’t know anything about him but I’m sure a Google search would.

We didn't come out smelling too bad.

Kept Bartholomew and Hammond somehow.

Did lose Okunlola, but picking up two DEs that seemingly have some potential could be a net wash at worst, with the possibility of being a net gain.

Jules for James is probably a net loss (basing that on portal interest), but if we can add another decent DT to the mix then it might be a decent 2-for-1 trade.

Kept the recruiting class mostly in tact, somehow.

Did lose Goncalves, Means, and Devonshire... but at least it was to the NFL, which stings less than them transferring out.

Might have an offensive system that doesn't suck to watch.

I still think we absolutely need another DT, another WR, another LB, probably another CB, possibly another RB, and a QB in the portal. Oh, and someone who can punt the ball farther than my cat. Sounds like we are also adding another interior OL, which will be good in conjunction with Jacoby coming back. But things didn't get as bad as they could have. I'd love to at least get back into that 7/8 win sweet spot next season.
Yeah, gotta gives some props to the staff for keeping it together. There was a lot of doom and gloom, but they basically lost the Jersey RB, Jules, and Kamara.

I think they're likely done at WR and RB with the WCU guys and TE. Need another DT, CB or two, QB, OL, LB. and a Punter. That's 6 or 7 more guys, which means they'll need to be more departures.

Reactions: Parkview57
our punting has been the worst in the p5 for the past 2 years. I don't know how we don't bring someone new in.
We offered a punter from VMI and he's apparently a punt god. Some astronomical amount of his punts were unreturned and his net was way up there too.

Yeah, gotta gives some props to the staff for keeping it together. There was a lot of doom and gloom, but they basically lost the Jersey RB, Jules, and Kamara.

I think they're likely done at WR and RB with the WCU guys and TE. Need another DT, CB or two, QB, OL, LB. and a Punter. That's 6 or 7 more guys, which means they'll need to be more departures.

Royal, Lapi, Jake M., Ford, Mitchell, maybe Renda, Che, one of the QBs, Davis, Junko.... still plenty of room, and then I'm sure we'll lose one or two we don't want to lose. But they've been offering some more receivers recently. I don't think you can lose Big Bad Bub and just replace him with an FCS guy and call it a wash.

Five O lineman signed. Much better than the 2 or 3 per class that HCPN has been getting.
A good veteran OL from the portal would really help right now.

Reactions: pierre93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT