ADVERTISEMENT

For those nitters that argue PITT is not a big game for them..........

ERICCARTMAN

Freshman
Jul 5, 2001
Senator Corman would probably disagree with them.

From PENNLIVE

Centre County republican and Pennsylvania Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman hosted Penn State athletics at the Pa. capitol on Monday to recognize athletic director Sandy Barbour and members and coaches of the school's Big Ten championship-winning teams on the senate floor before they stopped into the house chambers to be recognized there.

James Franklin was there representing the football team along with linebacker Jason Cabinda and lineman Andrew Nelson, and Corman had just one request for them during his speech, saying:

"Coach Franklin, the only thing I ask you is, if you do nothing else next year, please beat the University of Pittsburgh," Corman said. "I'm tired of hearing it on the Senate floor from my colleagues from the western part of the state."

Wow. I gotta say that I'm surprised at that height of insensitivity.

Given the fact that their lives are damaged - if not ruined - by that event, one would think that they'd be scared sh*tless and be humbled by now.

I'm not sure these kids understand the severity of this crime and the path it will force most of them to follow. Mommy and Daddy are no longer able to intervene and make everything go away.

Senator Corman would probably disagree with them.

From PENNLIVE

Centre County republican and Pennsylvania Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman hosted Penn State athletics at the Pa. capitol on Monday to recognize athletic director Sandy Barbour and members and coaches of the school's Big Ten championship-winning teams on the senate floor before they stopped into the house chambers to be recognized there.

James Franklin was there representing the football team along with linebacker Jason Cabinda and lineman Andrew Nelson, and Corman had just one request for them during his speech, saying:

"Coach Franklin, the only thing I ask you is, if you do nothing else next year, please beat the University of Pittsburgh," Corman said. "I'm tired of hearing it on the Senate floor from my colleagues from the western part of the state."

Nothing surprising...he is a politician that is playing to his constituent base. No story here. Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
He's a politician. I wouldn't expect anything different from a disingenuous scumbag.

Perhaps you feel that way about all politicians? Regardless, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a politician cheering for the home team of his district. Add on the fact that Corman is also a PSU alum...it obviously is not surprising he would say what he did. I would also expect our Pitt alumni in politics to say the very same thing about the Panthers. So what? Hail to Pitt!

Perhaps you feel that way about all politicians? Regardless, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a politician cheering for the home team of his district. Add on the fact that Corman is also a PSU alum...it obviously is not surprising he would say what he did. I would also expect our Pitt alumni in politics to say the very same thing about the Panthers. So what? Hail to Pitt!

Politicians are, by definition, scumbags. If they aren't when they enter politics, they become scumbags. It's the nature of the business. You don't go anywhere in politics without being scum at one point or another.

Reactions: step.eng69
Politicians are, by definition, scumbags. If they aren't when they enter politics, they become scumbags. It's the nature of the business. You don't go anywhere in politics without being scum at one point or another.

Well at least it explains your view of a guy that is an alum and represents the community surrounding his alma mater making a statement in support of the home football team--as being scum. Frankly, if he said anything else you would have to question his sanity. Would be similar to the Mayor of Pittsburgh announcing he was a Ravens or Bengal's fan. Hail to Pitt!

ADVERTISEMENT