ADVERTISEMENT

For those that made Pitt road trips, which was best/worst? Your likes/dislikes? Better than HzF?

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
There are a lot of great replies to the thread I created and some very passionate Pitt football fans, which Pitt needs more of:

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.co...es-what-pitt-road-trips-have-you-made.113769/

Anyway, a few briefly touched on what they liked or didn't like so I thought I'd ask that and take it to another level.

For those that have made Pitt road trips, which was the best? Which was the worst? What did you like or not like? How did they compare to games at Heinz Field? How was it different (better/worse) than games at Heinz Field?

The one nice thing about Heinz field is that it is a big league stadium with big league amenities. You want to go to the bathroom at halftime? Even for the busy pitt games (and stiller games), you have, at most, a short wait. You want to go to the bathroom at Death Valley or Notre Dame Stadium? Forget about it.

My fave by far was Virginia Tech. Enjoyed the venue and even the fans. Great tailgating. Went twice.

Notre Dame was honestly seriously just meh. Underwhelming. I say that wth little of the malice some feel towards them. I just felt it should have been more of an epic college football experience and it was just an old stadium with no amenities jammed into a crowded setting. But I've gone there twice too.

Astounding as it might sound i had good experiences at Penn State. Went 2 times in the 80s. So not recently obviously. Can't consider going there ever again for principle however. Not that there will be games again after 2019 anyway.

Did WV once and it was enough. For obvious reasons. Not really threatened, just grossed out. I'll say I prefer their fans at home games vs PS though.

Also went to 3 bowls over the years. Liberty, Insight, Compass (first). They were alot of fun.

The worst experience by far of possibly my whole life of travel (leave Pitt out of the equation) was going to Toledo for that abomination in the early 00s. Not even the hideous loss, bad enough. But it truly was one of the worst places I've ever been. And their fans were several times more distasteful than WVU even. That was both before and after the game. Never ever again.

Heinz would be just fine if the team was better. I will say i lament the continued death of tailgating. But I really don't get the acrimony. Pitt Stadium really became a dump and Heinz kills it in all aspects, including and especially access and egress. I like Pitt campus, was just there the past week in fact... But is it really critical to be right there for a football game? The correct answer is no. No it isn't.

My fave by far was Virginia Tech. Enjoyed the venue and even the fans. Great tailgating. Went twice.

Notre Dame was honestly seriously just meh. Underwhelming. I say that wth little of the malice some feel towards them. I just felt it should have been more of an epic college football experience and it was just an old stadium with no amenities jammed into a crowded setting. But I've gone there twice too.

Astounding as it might sound i had good experiences at Penn State. Went 2 times in the 80s. So not recently obviously. Can't consider going there ever again for principle however. Not that there will be games again after 2019 anyway.

Did WV once and it was enough. For obvious reasons. Not really threatened, just grossed out. I'll say I prefer their fans at home games vs PS though.

Also went to 3 bowls over the years. Liberty, Insight, Compass (first). They were alot of fun.

Heinz would be just fine if the team was better. I will say i lament the continued death of tailgating. But I really don't get the acrimony. Pitt Stadium really became a dump and Heinz kills it in all aspects, including and especially access and egress. I like Pitt campus, was just there the past week in fact... But is it really critical to be right there for a football game? The correct answer is no. No it isn't.[/QUOTEPenn State ? Outside is fine. Inside is a dump.

Georgia Tech Twice. You can visit the new college football hall of fame during your visit to Atlanta.

Military Bowl

Not a bad bowl game to attend. Unfortunately, we just made the trip the day of the game and didn't get to check out Annapolis. As far as the game day experience, there seemed to be a decent tailgating scene, although the muddy fields around the stadium weren't ideal. It's a pretty cool stadium and the atmosphere is good with the capacity crowd. If you're talking about amenities, it wasn't much better than a high school field.

Pinstripe Bowl

We hit the jackpot with the weather for the Pinstripe Bowl. NYC was a great time and there was a decent crowd for the game. For being a billion dollar stadium, I wasn't that impressed. Don't get me wrong, Yankee Stadium was nice and looked very cool from the outside, but inside was meh. Outside of maybe some tiling in the bathrooms, it didn't offer anything better than the stadiums in Pittsburgh offer, plus the whole baseball setup for football makes for subpar views for the game. Without any tailgating around the stadium, it took away from the atmosphere outside of the stadium.

Notre Dame's Stadium is seriously trash. The seats were rotting/rotted the last time I was there. Just not a nice stadium. Touchdown Jesus is the only thing interesting....before it just turns weird. Far away from a major city (takes forever to get back to Chicago as soon as the game ends)

Beaver Stadium is like an over-sized Single-A WPIAL HS stadium. Metal bleacher seating and terrible amenities. Next to nothing for activites before/after the game.

Rice-Eccles (Utah) was pretty nice. Mountains on the one side overlooking the stadium. SLC is a different type of city, but some interesting things.

Michigan Stadium is just over-sized and again pretty crappy. Reminds me of a cheaper built version of Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid, which the stadium itself is nothing special (though some interesting interactive sections).

HPS Stadium (Rutgers) had an ok feel to it, but just felt cheap and really weird amenities. Felt like HS with a crockpot full of ballpark hot dogs that boiled for hours was the main menu.

Raymond James was nice, but somewhat what you would expect from an NFL stadium. Nothing else is really sticking out as a negative worth mentioning.

Carrier Dome (Cuse) is terrible. Talk about a place that has a weird smell and really just needed torn down about a decade ago.

Best Atmosphere

1. Iowa

Place was amazing for a night game. Atmosphere during the day is great, almost like a county fair. Loud as hell and passionate

2. Clemson

Was also awesome, almost a 1b to Iowa. Just thought Iowa was a little louder but Iowa won when I was there too. Tailgating was a ton of fun. Fans were super great.

Akron was lame, and it poured all game but an easy trip

Syracuse is alot of fun, didn't get to tailgate when I went but Im going again this year. Stadium is nice but I don't really like domes

Duke was meh. Fun because it was a Pitt game and we tailgated with Pitt fans we met up with but not much of an atmosphere.

North Carolina was fun. Also didn't tailgate here either. Crowd was only into it once they came back and took the lead. Full house though. It was so hot.

Virginia has a great stadium. Tailgating was fun with our Pitt gang, but Virginia fans are lame. Dudes next to us literally drank wine and ate cheese.

Miami was the most surprisingly fun. Canes fans were partying and it was actually kind of loud inside. One of my favorite stadiums I've ever been to also with the new roof that covers the fans but not the field.

Clemson the best great venue folks were tremendous nice college atmosphere. Worst Fiesta bowl Utah fans jerks , crap stadium. That said all things around game were great. Second favorite Navy tough to beat Annapolis and their nice stadium. That said no college stadium matches Heinz for amenities, bathrooms, seats, concessions and I have been to a few hope to knock off Duke and Va Tech this year.

Trips to see Pitt included VA Tech, PSU, WVU, Syracuse, Louisville, and ND. I have also been to a number of non-Pitt games elsewhere.

As prior poster mentioned, Heinz is off the chart better in terms of facility amenities, comfort, and conveniences compared to nearly all college venues. VA Tech and Louisville fans treated us very well. ND atmosphere was overrated, IMO. I really enjoy SU, but mostly because I have a number of SU friends in the region that host us. The Dome seemed like a sight to see as a kid and entering through the windy doors as a kid seemed so cool, but it's a pretty bland game atmosphere. If you got past the loud, drunk, obnoxious WVU fans, we actually found a lot of kind folks and great conversations among many older WVU fans. Stadium was amped up most of game and a good atmosphere. PSU fans were arrogant, but fairly benign. Stadium is impressive only in its size. Otherwise, has a bland and cheap feeling. Pitt was pretty awful and not viewed as a any threat to PSU when we were there in the last series. I suspect a different tone this year from the crowd. It should be fun.

Clemson was great and V Tech is a good time too.

I really like UVA's stadium.

Navy's visitor seating is outstanding. UNC visitor seating not bad either, but that's the most uncomfortable bleacher seating I've ever been in.

For bowl games, I thought Ford Field was outstanding. Stadium in Birmingham an absolute dump. Everything else in between.

I've been everywhere over the past two plus decades.

I strongly disagree with those minimizing Notre Dame's atmosphere. I think that is the gold standard. It's as big-time is it gets and anyone who says otherwise is completely full of shit.

The only downside to Notre Dame is that South Bend sucks. However, the tailgates outside in the atmosphere in the stadium are unique – very unlike anything else in college football.

Also loved Penn State, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Clemson, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Iowa and many others.

Navy was a big surprise. That was a really cool atmosphere. Virginia was also surprisingly cool.

Not as crazy about Syracuse or Rutgers. They both suck, TBH.

I've never been to Louisville but I've always intended to go. People who have gone always speak highly of it.

Reactions: PITTLAW
I actually never attended a Pitt road game until I moved to Kansas City in 2014. So far I have attended two...

1) Iowa in 2015. By far the best experience out of the two. Atmosphere was great, especially with the game being at night. Loved all the people tailgating in the nearby houses from their front lawns and garages. A few knuckleheads here and there but the people we sat around were nice, overall your typical B1G fan base. What I liked the most was the Iowa band playing our fight song during their pregame show, something I wasn't expecting. Maybe they do this at other places, but I don't recall OK State doing it. It was also cool to see Calvin Jones' name on the Kinnick press box, as I lived in Steubenville for many years and he's from there. We stayed with the team at the hotel in Iowa City and had some great food. Overall a good time, besides the last second FG of course.

2) Oklahoma State last year. While the atmosphere was a couple notches down compared to Kinnick, the hospitality was the best I've seen at any sporting event (similar to what people said about Clemson.) Everyone was so nice, no one harassed at all, and many even thanked us for making the trip down to OK State. Not only was the atmosphere different, but the culture itself. I found it funny to see everyone waking around in their Cowboy boots and hats with their gigantic belt buckles sticking out, although I've gotten used to it a little bit living out here. Food was also good. Obviously the experience and game itself was hampered by the rain delay but overall a great time. I'd probably make a return trip just for the hospitality alone.

This doesn't count, but we went to the Pitt/Louisville game during Jamie's last season. They were good hosts and welcomed us back for a football game in the coming years. The Yum Center is a bit off campus so not much else to see there. The city of Louisville itself was very nice. We were going to go back again the next year but Stallings came and the team plummeted, so we instead went to the Pens game in St.L. Good call!

I don't plan on making any trips this year since none are coming out this way, but will most likely go to the Notre Dame game in 2018. Very excited for that one. If the game can be anywhere near as good as some of the Pitt/ND games played there in recent years I'll be happy. But a win would work too :)

I actually never attended a Pitt road game until I moved to Kansas City in 2014. So far I have attended two...

1) Iowa in 2015. By far the best experience out of the two. Atmosphere was great, especially with the game being at night. Loved all the people tailgating in the nearby houses from their front lawns and garages. A few knuckleheads here and there but the people we sat around were nice, overall your typical B1G fan base. What I liked the most was the Iowa band playing our fight song during their pregame show, something I wasn't expecting. Maybe they do this at other places, but I don't recall OK State doing it. It was also cool to see Calvin Jones' name on the Kinnick press box, as I lived in Steubenville for many years and he's from there. We stayed with the team at the hotel in Iowa City and had some great food. Overall a good time, besides the last second FG of course.

2) Oklahoma State last year. While the atmosphere was a couple notches down compared to Kinnick, the hospitality was the best I've seen at any sporting event (similar to what people said about Clemson.) Everyone was so nice, no one harassed at all, and many even thanked us for making the trip down to OK State. Not only was the atmosphere different, but the culture itself. I found it funny to see everyone waking around in their Cowboy boots and hats with their gigantic belt buckles sticking out, although I've gotten used to it a little bit living out here. Food was also good. Obviously the experience and game itself was hampered by the rain delay but overall a great time. I'd probably make a return trip just for the hospitality alone.

This doesn't count, but we went to the Pitt/Louisville game during Jamie's last season. They were good hosts and welcomed us back for a football game in the coming years. The Yum Center is a bit off campus so not much else to see there. The city of Louisville itself was very nice. We were going to go back again the next year but Stallings came and the team plummeted, so we instead went to the Pens game in St.L. Good call!

I don't plan on making any trips this year since none are coming out this way, but will most likely go to the Notre Dame game in 2018. Very excited for that one. If the game can be anywhere near as good as some of the Pitt/ND games played there in recent years I'll be happy. But a win would work too :)
Just thinking out loud Clemson upper bowl sucked. I felt so bad for some of the older fans that before the game I went up to help them get to there seat. I Even gave up my seat in the lower bowl to help. V- tech close second.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Just thinking out loud Clemson upper bowl sucked. I felt so bad for some of the older fans that before the game I went up to help them get to there seat. I Even gave up my seat in the lower bowl to help. V- tech close second.
Penn State is bad all the way around. Just wait till an usher wants to kick you out of the game because you are in an aisle sitting. If there are to many large people in your row when everyone stands up you sit down or you will not have a seat. Just horrible

Cinci was the worst for me. Watched us lose after going up 7-0 and recovering a fumble on the next kick. Their fans were trash, and that part of Cinci is dangerous. Way worse than Oakland IMO.

Louisville, I have been twice. I loved it my second time. The first time we got a bunch of crap. Awesome city.

ND was cool from a history perspective. I don't "need" to go again.

BC was a fun trip because I had never been to Boston. The campus and stadium was awful. The Pitt fans there made more noise than the BC fans. One of James Conner's best performances.

Honestly, one trip I loved was Buffalo. It was cheap, got to see Niagara Falls, you could walk to the stadium. The problem was the rain the 2nd time we went there. Just miserable.

Akron had more rain than Buffalo. Man was that crazy rain.

Penn State is bad all the way around. Just wait till an usher wants to kick you out of the game because you are in an aisle sitting. If there are to many large people in your row when everyone stands up you sit down or you will not have a seat. Just horrible
Agree the stadium was nothing great at all, though I think ND"s facility was frankly worse (amenities, comfort, scoreboard, navigation). But I had far more fun in the pregame and post game at PSU than ND Surprisingly so, honestly. To be fair though, I really couldn't give much of a darn of the TD Jesus and all that pretentious junk at ND. It's football, not a Holocaust museum. I just wanna throw some back with my buddies and dish with the locals (in civil but spirited fashion) and I personally found PS was better for that than ND. Neither were as good as other places ive been though. Again though i was much younger when at PS. And maybe I just didn't find the right places at ND.

Agree on the OK state trip. I actually liked their fans more than Clemson fans. Clemson fans seemed a bit patronizing, but the Pokes were genuinely nice people. T Boone Pickens stadium was a lot like lane stadium in Va Tech but nicer.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Notre Dame's Stadium is seriously trash. The seats were rotting/rotted the last time I was there. Just not a nice stadium. Touchdown Jesus is the only thing interesting....before it just turns weird. Far away from a major city (takes forever to get back to Chicago as soon as the game ends)

Beaver Stadium is like an over-sized Single-A WPIAL HS stadium. Metal bleacher seating and terrible amenities. Next to nothing for activites before/after the game.

Rice-Eccles (Utah) was pretty nice. Mountains on the one side overlooking the stadium. SLC is a different type of city, but some interesting things.

Michigan Stadium is just over-sized and again pretty crappy. Reminds me of a cheaper built version of Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid, which the stadium itself is nothing special (though some interesting interactive sections).

HPS Stadium (Rutgers) had an ok feel to it, but just felt cheap and really weird amenities. Felt like HS with a crockpot full of ballpark hot dogs that boiled for hours was the main menu.

Raymond James was nice, but somewhat what you would expect from an NFL stadium. Nothing else is really sticking out as a negative worth mentioning.

Carrier Dome (Cuse) is terrible. Talk about a place that has a weird smell and really just needed torn down about a decade ago.

I was at South Bend in the spring, they are completely renovating ND Stadium.

http://www.ndinsider.com/multimedia..._23f06886-2774-11e7-b997-8f5f914f1f44.html#13

Agree on the OK state trip. I actually liked their fans more than Clemson fans. Clemson fans seemed a bit patronizing, but the Pokes were genuinely nice people. T Boone Pickens stadium was a lot like lane stadium in Va Tech but nicer.

I agree with the Oklahoma St game. The fans were classy and genuine. I hope our fans treat the OSU fans the same way when they come to Heinz Field. They made a fan out of me for life...

The worst for me was the NCST game back in 2009. The weather was crap, the stadium was crap, but most of all their fans were arrogant boneheads. They are delusional....

I agree with the Oklahoma St game. The fans were classy and genuine. I hope our fans treat the OSU fans the same way when they come to Heinz Field. They made a fan out of me for life...

The worst for me was the NCST game back in 2009. The weather was crap, the stadium was crap, but most of all their fans were arrogant boneheads. They are delusional....
LOL on the NCST comment ... I have no experiencec with their fans to be able to confirm or deny, but know the feeling as far as some fans having delusions of grandeur.

Plenty of likely examples but in particular I know a couple Northwestern grads, and they have that attitude. They think their sh*t doesn't stink. Academically perhaps it's understandable (though not to the degree these guys believe) but certainly not with sports.

So it's particularly galling when our (frankly better) teams blow games to their teams mostly due to Pitt's own stupid mistakes and poor coaching or prep (as losses in recent years to both schools seem to have been, particularly the bowl game last year).

Losing is never fun but particularly hurts when it redeems the preposterous delusions of such fans, who so sorely needed to experience their teams getting their asses kicked. Instead they felt more superior than ever. Ah, the glory and agony of sports...

Last edited:
Reactions: pittmeister
Top Pitt road trips for me would include Iowa (though Graham donated the win) and Nebraska (missed FG from winning). Both stadiums and towns provided amazing college atmospheres.

Hard to come up with a worst, so i'll just throw out Temple at the Vet because the Vet was dreadful.

I've said it a few times before, if you want to experience a great atmosphere, you need to see Army-Navy at least once. Going for the fourth time this December. Seeing games in Annapolis and West Point are bucket list worthy as well. And though not for a Pitt game, I loved the stadium and atmosphere at Colorado. Seats were just high enough to have a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains and seeing Ralphie run in the pregame was awesome. To add to it, they upset #13 Kansas that night.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
1) Clemson - Best road game I've ever been to all around. Night before, tailgate, game, and post game. Fans were awesome, atmosphere was great, and obviously the game was fantastic. Only complaint was in the upper deck. If you had to walk up, you better be in shape.

2) ND - Almost the same as Clemson. Probably why it's #2 is because we lost both times we were there. But fans were awesome, the history and atmosphere were fantastic. Campus was beautiful. The only thing that sucks is the seats are tight.

3) Navy - Just the atmosphere, seeing the midshipmen, etc and the pomp and circumstance was awesome.

After that, GT and Michigan St were probably the crappiest stadiums I've been to. But had fun on the trips.

Cuse had some fun bars down the hill from the Dome. The dome itself is a dump now IMO. Felt weird being inside for a FB game too.

Iowa and PSU have great atmospheres. Beaver stadium is just beams and nothing special but the tailgates are fun. Iowa had a better stadium and great tailgate.

Louisville, I was there before their expansion. Stadium looked great on the inside, but in the concourses it was lacking. But that was 10 years ago. Fans were great.

Akron would have been fun if it didn't pour down rain the whole time. The stadium was nice IMO for a MAC stadium.

Temple was at the Linc and while the stadium was nice, there was literally like 5K people there. It sucked.

Ohio U was fun because that campus blew up after they beat us. Stadium was ok. Nothing great.

NC State, I liked their stadium. Fans were morons though for the most part.

USF, Raymond James was nice. Atmosphere sucked.

WVU, it was early 2000s and the stadium was 3/4 ths full. Hated their fans. Would like to go again now that I'm older and maybe won't deal with as many idiots.

Compared to Heinz, Heinz is one of the better physical stadiums. Atmosphere wise though we are lacking for most games, although IMO it's not the stadium. Some of the best atmosphere's I've been to was the 2003 VT game, the 2009 ND and CIncy games and last year's PSU game.

1) Clemson - Best road game I've ever been to all around. Night before, tailgate, game, and post game. Fans were awesome, atmosphere was great, and obviously the game was fantastic. Only complaint was in the upper deck. If you had to walk up, you better be in shape.

2) ND - Almost the same as Clemson. Probably why it's #2 is because we lost both times we were there. But fans were awesome, the history and atmosphere were fantastic. Campus was beautiful. The only thing that sucks is the seats are tight.

3) Navy - Just the atmosphere, seeing the midshipmen, etc and the pomp and circumstance was awesome.

After that, GT and Michigan St were probably the crappiest stadiums I've been to. But had fun on the trips.

Cuse had some fun bars down the hill from the Dome. The dome itself is a dump now IMO. Felt weird being inside for a FB game too.

Iowa and PSU have great atmospheres. Beaver stadium is just beams and nothing special but the tailgates are fun. Iowa had a better stadium and great tailgate.

Louisville, I was there before their expansion. Stadium looked great on the inside, but in the concourses it was lacking. But that was 10 years ago. Fans were great.

Akron would have been fun if it didn't pour down rain the whole time. The stadium was nice IMO for a MAC stadium.

Temple was at the Linc and while the stadium was nice, there was literally like 5K people there. It sucked.

Ohio U was fun because that campus blew up after they beat us. Stadium was ok. Nothing great.

NC State, I liked their stadium. Fans were morons though for the most part.

USF, Raymond James was nice. Atmosphere sucked.

WVU, it was early 2000s and the stadium was 3/4 ths full. Hated their fans. Would like to go again now that I'm older and maybe won't deal with as many idiots.

Compared to Heinz, Heinz is one of the better physical stadiums. Atmosphere wise though we are lacking for most games, although IMO it's not the stadium. Some of the best atmosphere's I've been to was the 2003 VT game, the 2009 ND and CIncy games and last year's PSU game.
Never been but i imagine being in the Carrier dome would be VERY weird. Looks really dark and bizarrely old when watching games on Tv. It weirdly also seems like the crowd reactions aren't instantaneous ... as if the action is so far from the crowd that there's like a satellite delay in response, LOL.

I've only been in a dome like that once (Louisiana Superdome) and it was off putting as well. I know some our fans wish Pitt had built one but I'm glad it didn't happen

Never been but i imagine being in the Carrier dome would be VERY weird. Looks really dark and bizarrely old when watching games on Tv. It weirdly also seems like the crowd reactions aren't instantaneous ... as if the action is so far from the crowd that there's like a satellite delay in response, LOL.

I've only been in a dome like that once (Louisiana Superdome) and it was off putting as well. I know some our fans wish Pitt had built one but I'm glad it didn't happen
The dome there is definitely a bit strange. it may just be because its an "inflatable" dome, but the noise in there is very muted. I remember it being very difficult to discern the announcers, and there's always a background white noise during the whole game that washes out any specific sound. The lighting is also darker than a normal day game, but that didn't bother me as much as the sound.

The dome there is definitely a bit strange. it may just be because its an "inflatable" dome, but the noise in there is very muted. I remember it being very difficult to discern the announcers, and there's always a background white noise during the whole game that washes out any specific sound. The lighting is also darker than a normal day game, but that didn't bother me as much as the sound.
Many weird things have happened to Pitt there too, maybe their fans couldn't believe what they were seeing and it took them a moment to cheer for it. Blocked XP returned for TD, fumbled FG snap they turned into a TD pass, etc. The best was when we had moved into winning FG range and idiot Tino committed the most blatant intentional grounding penalty ever that destroyed our down and field position and we lost.

I'm so glad the plans to turn Pitt stadium into a carrier Dome replica did not move forward. That would have blew big time.

I will never get why people think Notre Dame's campus is nice. It feels really old and dilapidated. Almost reminded me of the exterior of CMU's campus in many ways, just located in the middle of nowhere.

And I say that as someone who was accepted there out of HS and applied not knowing what it looked like. Visited it only after getting my acceptance letter to find out there was no way I could ever see myself going there.

Been to ND twice which i thought was a unique experience. Tailgating was surprisingly good and game day atmosphere was surprisingly mediocre.

The first year we sat on the bleachers literally on the field for the 4OT game which was alot of fun.

Havent been to any other away PITT games but i did go the BIG10 championship last year in indy (bc i was living there at the time) and it was a pretty awesome atmosphere. Didn't really bother me that it was inside, just felt different.

You mean the game where Wisky's QB did not play and his replacement couldn't throw more than 10 yards downfield?

btw ~ Indoor FB stinks

Been to ND twice which i thought was a unique experience. Tailgating was surprisingly good and game day atmosphere was surprisingly mediocre.

The first year we sat on the bleachers literally on the field for the 4OT game which was alot of fun.

Havent been to any other away PITT games but i did go the BIG10 championship last year in indy (bc i was living there at the time) and it was a pretty awesome atmosphere. Didn't really bother me that it was inside, just felt different.

You mean the game where Wisky's QB did not play and his replacement couldn't throw more than 10 yards downfield?

btw ~ Indoor FB stinks

Yeah, we left after the first half when Wisky was up pretty big so luckily i didnt have to watch them comeback

I will never get why people think Notre Dame's campus is nice. It feels really old and dilapidated. Almost reminded me of the exterior of CMU's campus in many ways, just located in the middle of nowhere.

And I say that as someone who was accepted there out of HS and applied not knowing what it looked like. Visited it only after getting my acceptance letter to find out there was no way I could ever see myself going there.
I wholly agree, again with no malice intended. Just expected something much more epic. It was the opposite really. And I'm someone who generally buys into the experience when I go somewhere legendary like that. Times square, DC, Gettysburg, Fisherman's wharf, for example, I felt they were somewhat relatable to expectations based on reputation. I'll say another place i have been related to Pitt that was underwhelming was Beale Street in Memphis. Was there for the Liberty Bowl and had always heard in advance it was one of the better national party spots, but found it just meh. The overall bowl experience there was cool due to people and being New Years Eve. but nothing particularly due to the greatness of Memphis.

Probably personal preference. I love that look. The old style. I love that it is in the middle of nowhere with all the trees etc. This just looks beautiful.

ADVERTISEMENT