ADVERTISEMENT

For those who want to get a QB in the portal...

people just pulling numbers out of thin air. please explain to me how and where he is getting these numbers?
Well let's see. He's a PSU grad,so
there's that. LOL Seriously though,
I believe him. He can't be a head
coach at a major school like Nebraska
and not be tuned into the portal, it's
good and bad pts, and not know
what's going on out there. He also
knows how much $$$ he has to play
with., maybe it's less and he's jealous.
If anything, this is further info as to
what Pitt is up against

Hmm, $1 million to $2 million for a good QB? How much does a mediocre one cost?

NGL, I thought this was a JT Daniels update. But I guess with Rice bowl eligible we’ll have to wait another month or so before he goes into the portal.

I wonder how much great offensive lineman cost? I say we use our resources on an A+ oline and roll with Yarnell.

The whole system is ruined. It's backwards. And Pitt can't possible compete once the process matures a bit more. You have donors buying out coaches for 70 million, to bring in a new coach to pay millions, bring in the best players for millions, and then pretend like there's a real relationship between the academics of their University and the success of their football program. It's ridiculous.

Well let's see. He's a PSU grad,so
there's that. LOL Seriously though,
I believe him. He can't be a head
coach at a major school like Nebraska
and not be tuned into the portal, it's
good and bad pts, and not know
what's going on out there. He also
knows how much $$$ he has to play
with., maybe it's less and he's jealous.
If anything, this is further info as to
what Pitt is up against

Make no mistake that Nebraska has a top 20 NIL package. It’s the only team in the state that matters. Yeah this prices are ridiculous but every team hast the same problem. The more opportunities a kid has, schools bid against each other drives up the price

Make no mistake that Nebraska has a top 20 NIL package. It’s the only team in the state that matters. Yeah this prices are ridiculous but every team hast the same problem. The more opportunities a kid has, schools bid against each other drives up the price
I would think the blue bloods probably have the privilege of paying less because they can sell success and exposure.

I wonder how much great offensive lineman cost? I say we use our resources on an A+ oline and roll with Yarnell.

I saw a tweet on Offensive & Defensive - linemen prices.

Interior guys starting at $50k
Tackles run $100 - $200k

DT’s starting at $150k
Edge guys runs $250 - $300k

Again offers promote bidding which drives up prices

Plenty of people pull things out of there arses who post on this site.

But I’d think the head coach of Nebraska absolutely knows the numbers and what it takes to land a good qb.
The head coach at Nebraska has no reason to be honest about that though. Him saying this is a great way to get Nebraska boosters to spend $2M to get a better QB though!

They don't. If a player is good enough, I'd say it's a situation of blue blood trying to outbid other blue bloods.
Well.lets.say Syracuse has deep pockets. Your top offers are Syracuse for 200k or Bama for 100k. Where are you going? Syracuse where you'll look like you suck because your team blows and you fall into obscurity or Bama where you're at a weekly pro scout showcase.

I think average teams are paying retail and blue bloods are shopping like it's black Friday.

The whole system is ruined. It's backwards. And Pitt can't possible compete once the process matures a bit more. You have donors buying out coaches for 70 million, to bring in a new coach to pay millions, bring in the best players for millions, and then pretend like there's a real relationship between the academics of their University and the success of their football program. It's ridiculous.
Yeah but would you rather be Coastal Carolina or Marshall or North Texas? I’d say Pitt is in decent shape in the grand scheme.

this is such knee jerk over reaction it's ridiculous. so you have to pay millions to bankroll a good team in 2023. ok.

yet for some reason, week in and week out, i turn on the tv and see very good football teams with talented football players competing who arent named ohio state and alabama.

toledo, nc state, jmu, liberty, arizona, louisville, all in top 25. teams that are comparable to pitt if not much less funded..

plenty of really good football players out there boys and not all of them are going to the SEC or ohio state.

Reactions: NCPitt
Well.lets.say Syracuse has deep pockets. Your top offers are Syracuse for 200k or Bama for 100k. Where are you going? Syracuse where you'll look like you suck because your team blows and you fall into obscurity or Bama where you're at a weekly pro scout showcase.

I think average teams are paying retail and blue bloods are shopping like it's black Friday.
I'd go to SU. If you're good enough, you won't fall into obscurity.

Last edited:
Yeah but would you rather be Coastal Carolina or Marshall or North Texas? I’d say Pitt is in decent shape in the grand scheme.

In decent shape for what? At least in the NFL, there is a salary cap and a draft order based on performance. In college football, it's going to become even more about the money.

Because that just isn't happening. If SU ever starts paying twice what Bama is, that talent pipeline will start flowing straight up to Syracuse, NY.
How many championships did Oklahoma State win again with Pickens money? A&M? Money is important, but it's not everything.

This year might be different but 2023 transfers generally didn't overwhelm anyone. The only one that finished in the top 20 in QB rating was DJ Uiagalelei - and who would have predicted that after his performance at Clemson.

How many championships did Oklahoma State win again with Pickens money? A&M? Money is important, but it's not everything.

To be fair, T Boone died before NIL. His money built all their facilities though.

aTm - on the other hand, you’re spot on.

I still can't believe this system is donors paying tens of thousands to millions of dollars for players. What's the return on investment?

I saw a tweet on Offensive & Defensive - linemen prices.

Interior guys starting at $50k
Tackles run $100 - $200k

DT’s starting at $150k
Edge guys runs $250 - $300k

Again offers promote bidding which drives up prices
This NIL and transfer portal situation is just an abject travesty. It’s disgusting.

Reactions: wvmoose
this is such knee jerk over reaction it's ridiculous. so you have to pay millions to bankroll a good team in 2023. ok.

yet for some reason, week in and week out, i turn on the tv and see very good football teams with talented football players competing who arent named ohio state and alabama.

toledo, nc state, jmu, liberty, arizona, louisville, all in top 25. teams that are comparable to pitt if not much less funded..

plenty of really good football players out there boys and not all of them are going to the SEC or ohio state.
The thing is, those schools you mentioned will be like Pitt. Have a year or two run and then go back to reality. The big money programs will be the only ones to keep long term success

I don't see what the problem is. We should just get Narduzzi to pony up $500K and Heather can chip in the other $500K. Think of it as a job insurance payment.

Cruzer
I have said this many time and Im serious. If im nards im getting my kids, wife, brother ,sister ,aunt, uncle , anybody I could think of and tell them to drop 20 to 30 K into the Nil. Just pay them back… Hell I would give Bickel 250K in Cash and tell him To put it in. Nards has enough money now for his kids and Grand kids. He is schedule to make another 30 million in the next 6 seasons. I would be putting 1 million a year back into it. Who gives a shit there are no rules….

the portal is fool’s gold for most schools, and always has been.

It’s where you go to get college bodied JAGs to limit how low the floor is when you miss in recruiting cycles.

But there are few difference makers in the portal. Just look at this year’s past QB portal crop. And that’s a position everybody likes to pretend is the most stacked. And of those difference makers, only a few teams are going to be able to afford them.

Truth, but those are the yearly "catch lightning in a bottle" folks. To sustain, it will take lots of $$.

Just watch watch happens to JMU next year, when someone buys off all of their good players.

Truth, but those are the yearly "catch lightning in a bottle" folks. To sustain, it will take lots of $$.

Just watch watch happens to JMU next year, when someone buys off all of their good players.
UNC just got the texas am qb, what was the price tag on that one?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT