ADVERTISEMENT

Ford Tweet SMH

4upmc

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
This is funny…

He still doesn’t get it, still extremely immature. Still blames everybody else for his failures. Does he not realize 7 DB’s who have played for PN are in the NFL and 5 have started games this year…? Does he not realize the 4 main guys in the secondary besides him…Hamlin, Jackson, Pinnock & Mathis all play in the NFL?

We know many athletes are not very bright but I rarely bash Pitt guys. This guy is really dumb and has no self-awareness. He constantly blames others for his failures. Like it’s the fault of the Pitt coaches that he ran a 4.9 40, quit on his teammates, etc.

What’s funny is many know that PN & Pitt pulled tons of strings to get Ford into Pitt. They helped get his mom a job. PN never bashed the kid after he quit, on and on.

At some point you have to grow up and take responsibility for your life and failures. What he needs more than anything is for someone close to him to tell him the truth, that he’s an immature child. Hope he grows up before it’s too late, or his life could turn out really bad IMO.

Last edited:
This is funny…

He still doesn’t get it, still extremely immature. Still blames everybody else for his failures. Does he not realize 7 DB’s who have played for PN are in the NFL and 5 have started games this year…? Does he not realize the 4 main guys in the secondary besides him…Hamlin, Jackson, Pinnock & Mathis all play in the NFL?

We know many athletes are not very bright but I rarely bash Pitt guys. This guy is really dumb and has no self-awareness. He constantly blames others for his failures. Like it’s the fault of the Pitt coaches that he ran a 4.9 40, quit on his teammates, etc.

What’s funny is many know that PN & Pitt pulled tons of strings to get Ford into Pitt. They helped get his mom a job. PN never bashed the kid after he quit, on and on.

At some point you have to grow up and take responsibility for your life and failures. What he needs more than anything is for someone close to him to tell him the truth, that he’s an immature child. Hope he grows up before it’s too late, or his life could turn out really bad IMO.
Or you don’t grow up, don’t take responsibility for your failures and end up a loser in life.
This guy is on the fast track to being a complete loser.

Last edited:
This is funny…

Imagine thinking it's a good idea to ask this dude for advice.....

Reactions: 4upmc
I hate him… what’s the truth? The only truth is we put DBs in the league.

sorry you’re boy Keyshon Camp who’s a DT ran a faster 40 yard dash time than you

This is funny…

He must read your posts. The tweet is already taken down.

This is funny…

What did it say?

What did it say?
The bitter quitter who likes to blame everyone for him not being in the NFL said something like…
(paraphrase) all Pitt DB recruits contact him and he is going to tell them the truth about Pitt with a laughing emoji…

Looks like he reads the Pitt message boards, Peak should be happy. Guess the dude didn’t like the true facts I said and decided to remove his tweet, ya know sort of like how when he was benched and quit…

Reactions: PittFanDan17
LOL. Before it was taken down someone had posted the truth was he had the same 40 time as Peyton Manning.
Lol, a DB who runs the same 40 as Manning needs to reevaluate his thoughts of ever playing in the NFL.

Lol, a DB who runs the same 40 as Manning needs to reevaluate his thoughts of ever playing in the NFL.
You spelled, be thankful he got a chance to play P-5 football, wrong.

The NFL was never going to happen with his combine numbers.

The bitter quitter who likes to blame everyone for him not being in the NFL said something like…
(paraphrase) all Pitt DB recruits contact him and he is going to tell them the truth about Pitt with a laughing emoji…

Looks like he reads the Pitt message boards, Peak should be happy. Guess the dude didn’t like the true facts I said and decided to remove his tweet, ya know sort of like how when he was benched and quit…
That is strange when you consider how much success they have had. We have a guy up for the Thorpe lol. It's a shame he wasted his talent with poor work ethic.

Why do you assume he is taking a shot at Pitt? Seems he has been positive about Pitt in past tweets.

Deleting his tweet answers your question. It’s not the first time he has done this. He’s still looking to blame others for him not being in the NFL, dude needs to look in the mirror.

It’s a shame, but would work ethic have brought his 40 time up to a 4.8?
I am not sure how much you can realistically bring up a 40 time but man, if I or my kid was talked about as an NFL prospect but the 40 time was lacking, I'd hire a private speed coach and work on that almost as much as football. He ran one of the slowest times in combine history for a DB. That's on him. He didn't even make an XFL roster.

I am not sure how much you can realistically bring up a 40 time but man, if I or my kid was talked about as an NFL prospect but the 40 time was lacking, I'd hire a private speed coach and work on that almost as much as football. He ran one of the slowest times in combine history for a DB. That's on him. He didn't even make an XFL roster.
That’s my point. I think that a speed coach can help you if you’re willing to put in the work. But a speed coach is also not God, so turning his speed into an adequate one for P5 and NFL football was never going g to happen. Here is a video I found of the slowest DB times at the combine. I don’t know how accurate it is, but 4.83 is the slowest.

It’s a shame, but would work ethic have brought his 40 time up to a 4.8?
I think so, because I don't think he played anywhere near what you would expect a 4.9 guy to play. He wasn't a burner, but his game speed was decent.

I would guess with proper training and work he could run in the 4.7 range. Still isn't fast enough to play any significant snaps in the NFL, but maybe keeps him around a few years if he embraced special teams.

That’s my point. I think that a speed coach can help you if you’re willing to put in the work. But a speed coach is also not God, so turning his speed into an adequate one for P5 and NFL football was never going g to happen. Here is a video I found of the slowest DB times at the combine. I don’t know how accurate it is, but 4.83 is the slowest.

Well, part of working with a speed coach would be a dietician/diet change. Maybe get the body fat down. Running 4.9 is so slow, I wonder if he could have done a 4.6 if he worked at it.

What if his time was just a lazy run? What if his real speed was actually faster? It’s hard to believe that a high school kid that might be that slow would actually be recruited as kind of highly as he was. People saw things in him that got him to Pitt and it appears that he squandered all of that.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Well, part of working with a speed coach would be a dietician/diet change. Maybe get the body fat down. Running 4.9 is so slow, I wonder if he could have done a 4.6 if he worked at it.
Maybe get down to 4.8 or even 4.7, but dropping 3 tenths? Extremely unlikely.

His closing speed on the field was too good to be a 4.9 runner. Watch the clip of the Virginia game where he closes on Bryce Perkins to save a TD. Training matters a lot. Bad technique can cost you a lot of time. He was either hurt, or more likely, took the opportunity for granted.

He has been working with 2/10th since he was in High School.
What if his time was just a lazy run? What if his real speed was actually faster? It’s hard to believe that a high school kid that might be that slow would actually be recruited as kind of highly as he was. People saw things in him that got him to Pitt and it appears that he squandered all of that.
Happens all the time. College coaches laugh at reported 40 times. If they don't verify it, the time doesn't exist.

I just having a hard time believing he was that slow. If he tried at all and worked with pros, he would have ran much faster

He's been working with 2/10th's since High School

Also, looking at the fact that he's pretty slow for his physique. I'm willing to bet Mr. Ford never liked putting a barbell on his back. That is more then likely the issue then anything else.

Didn't he also show up for the combine / Pitt day, out of shape? Like, quite a few pounds heavier than he was during the season?

If I remember correctly, I thought it was odd that he bailed mid season, and didn't appear to work out again before testing for the NFL.

His closing speed on the field was too good to be a 4.9 runner. Watch the clip of the Virginia game where he closes on Bryce Perkins to save a TD. Training matters a lot. Bad technique can cost you a lot of time. He was either hurt, or more likely, took the opportunity for granted.
He was definitely fast on the field, but that's different than running a forty yard dash. He might have great 10 yard or 20 yard splits, but a poor 40 time.

Yea, I have a hard time believing he was that slow. It took a lot for him to run that slow, ie not training, probably eating wrong, etc.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
How was he ever a 4 star recruit with such a slow 40 time?

And one thing I noticed in the linked video, the slower guys all had bad running form, while the faster guys had good form. So I guess a speed coach would help to fix that issue.

And either way for Ford, he was either slow or he didn't care enough to be faster, so what NFL team would want that player?

He has been working with 2/10th since he was in High School.

Happens all the time. College coaches laugh at reported 40 times. If they don't verify it, the time doesn't exist.
You are sort of making my point. It would be hard to believe that his measured time in college wasn’t faster than the combine time. That time doesn’t make it in the NFL and probably doesn’t make it with a D-1 School either.

He's still young, the talent is all still there. Who knows, he could still have a shot at the NFL if he decided to commit himself.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
How was he ever a 4 star recruit with such a slow 40 time?

And one thing I noticed in the linked video, the slower guys all had bad running form, while the faster guys had good form. So I guess a speed coach would help to fix that issue.

And either way for Ford, he was either slow or he didn't care enough to be faster, so what NFL team would want that player?
Because he was way better than most hs kids
But he didn’t progress

ADVERTISEMENT