ADVERTISEMENT

Ford Tweet SMH

Rushel Shell says, "Hi".
I think Shell and Ford are pretty similar in that they were always small town legends who didn't need to work at it and didnt work at it. Now, Shell is coaching girls elementary basketball and working in a metal shop and Ford is doing who knows what.

I always thought Paris needed to put on about 15 pounds if he was going to attempt to play Safety in the NFL.

I also thought he needed another year in college to get ready.

I don't wish him any ill but, I won't spend much more time than it took to post this thinking about him. I think he could have been much better than he was and he, not I, will have to live with that.

This is funny…

He still doesn’t get it, still extremely immature. Still blames everybody else for his failures. Does he not realize 7 DB’s who have played for PN are in the NFL and 5 have started games this year…? Does he not realize the 4 main guys in the secondary besides him…Hamlin, Jackson, Pinnock & Mathis all play in the NFL?

We know many athletes are not very bright but I rarely bash Pitt guys. This guy is really dumb and has no self-awareness. He constantly blames others for his failures. Like it’s the fault of the Pitt coaches that he ran a 4.9 40, quit on his teammates, etc.

What’s funny is many know that PN & Pitt pulled tons of strings to get Ford into Pitt. They helped get his mom a job. PN never bashed the kid after he quit, on and on.

At some point you have to grow up and take responsibility for your life and failures. What he needs more than anything is for someone close to him to tell him the truth, that he’s an immature child. Hope he grows up before it’s too late, or his life could turn out really bad IMO.
Don't forget Avonte Maddox

I remember meeting Ford and Hamlin together at a Pitt event. I was struck by the difference in their physiques. Hamlin looked the part of a pro athlete with wide shoulders. Ford’s body looked rather slight in comparison.

I agree that no way did Ford play like a 4.8 guy though.

Go Pitt

Because he was way better than most hs kids
But he didn’t progress
He was a first team All ACC safety and I don't think he walked on campus as the top safety in the conference, so he progressed at least to a degree.

I still believe that Ford probably just has a bad 40 time and no amount of training could help it. With respect to him looking fast while playing, Ford had a good 10 yard split. Ford's 10 yard split was actually faster than Kyle Hamilton -- and that was how Hamilton supporters justified his bad 40 time (which was still over 2 tenths faster than Ford). Hamilton I think was like 75% percentile or higher for his 10 yard split, and like I said, Ford's was faster.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
What did he say before he deleted it?

Does he just think no one wants him, even though he might be better than someone they got?

I Do think it’s crazy that he was always the guy I watched for, thinking he would be good at the next level. I was less sure about all those other DBs.

Definitely didn’t play slow, but the NFL would find ways to get him in longer sprints that would expose him.

Maybe get down to 4.8 or even 4.7, but dropping 3 tenths? Extremely unlikely.

Plus - aren’t they really just helping you with that event? He likely wouldn’t be much faster on the field.

Only one that would help would be a guy who is a legit NFL player that didn’t want that one exercise to cost him money in draft position

He was a first team All ACC safety and I don't think he walked on campus as the top safety in the conference, so he progressed at least to a degree.

I still believe that Ford probably just has a bad 40 time and no amount of training could help it. With respect to him looking fast while playing, Ford had a good 10 yard split. Ford's 10 yard split was actually faster than Kyle Hamilton -- and that was how Hamilton supporters justified his bad 40 time (which was still over 2 tenths faster than Ford). Hamilton I think was like 75% percentile or higher for his 10 yard split, and like I said, Ford's was faster.
But it took him 3 years to see the field for a long stretch
And it was moved from cb to safety to simplify things for him

But it took him 3 years to see the field for a long stretch
And it was moved from cb to safety to simplify things for him
Right -- he progressed as a football player. Maybe not as much as what everyone thought his ceiling was, but you cannot say that he did not improve. It took some years of working in the program, outside of the limelight, to get there.

Right -- he progressed as a football player. Maybe not as much as what everyone thought his ceiling was, but you cannot say that he did not improve. It took some years of working in the program, outside of the limelight, to get there.
I would say it took him 3 years to meet expectations

Reactions: Upg bobcat
I think so, because I don't think he played anywhere near what you would expect a 4.9 guy to play. He wasn't a burner, but his game speed was decent.

I would guess with proper training and work he could run in the 4.7 range. Still isn't fast enough to play any significant snaps in the NFL, but maybe keeps him around a few years if he embraced special teams.
I’ve always found it hard to believe he was a 4.9. Like him or hate him he was all over the field for Pitt and was a heat seeking missile at that SS spot. Not sure what happened when they timed him-whether he was out of shape, unprepared, tweaked, whatever, but he had all
the football speed he needed to kick ass as a P5 strong safety. He was a very productive and dynamic player.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Because he was way better than most hs kids
But he didn’t progress
He was a stud sophomore, when he got most of his offers, but by the time he was a senior and on his third high school the bloom was off the rose. By then most of his offers probably were no longer committable. The sad late visit to Miami, where he was practically begging to be allowed to commit, was a bizarre exclamation point to the whole affair.

Good on PN for giving him a chance to right the ship, but there was only so much PN could do for him. The big effort had to come from within, and it never did.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
This is funny…

He still doesn’t get it, still extremely immature. Still blames everybody else for his failures. Does he not realize 7 DB’s who have played for PN are in the NFL and 5 have started games this year…? Does he not realize the 4 main guys in the secondary besides him…Hamlin, Jackson, Pinnock & Mathis all play in the NFL?

We know many athletes are not very bright but I rarely bash Pitt guys. This guy is really dumb and has no self-awareness. He constantly blames others for his failures. Like it’s the fault of the Pitt coaches that he ran a 4.9 40, quit on his teammates, etc.

What’s funny is many know that PN & Pitt pulled tons of strings to get Ford into Pitt. They helped get his mom a job. PN never bashed the kid after he quit, on and on.

At some point you have to grow up and take responsibility for your life and failures. What he needs more than anything is for someone close to him to tell him the truth, that he’s an immature child. Hope he grows up before it’s too late, or his life could turn out really bad IMO.
Tweet is deleted and just seeing thsi now, what did it say? EDIT, nevermind saw it, breaks my heart WTF Paris?????

What a shame, i have a Ford jersey and actually venmo'd him $100 when he committed and he liked the payment. He was one of my favorite players in the HCPN era

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT