ADVERTISEMENT

Forge the Future Uniforms

I like the silver look but it needed to incorporate some of the Pitt blue to make it look like a Pitt uniform. Maybe blue letters or something. I know its an alternate look but it doesn't look anything like Pitt. I thought the basketball team did a great job with the black uniforms so something more like that. The helmets are really cool though.

We waited so long to get the blue and gold back and as soon as they get the traditional look, they tinker with them and add the Cathederal numbers. Now they're adding an alternate uniform. I never like when teams constantly change their uniforms. I suppose with these it's a very unique look, particularly the helmets.

Really who cares about old men’s opinion like yours and mine. I really like them though.
work with young men and you will find out there is a difference in opinion
I am a grumpy old man (40) who doesn’t like change. I understand young men between 18-22 May think they look great. Just not my cup of tea.

One funny thing is that Pitt has three home game to open the season and will have worn the blue jerseys only once.

Cool presentation, but I don’t know how we can even really tell what the full uni looks like (when it’s actually on a player and it’s light aht)

Does Anyone have just a regular old pic?

And what’s the dude on the shoulder patch doing?

Reactions: Saboteur
Not a big fan of these unis myself, but do appreciate the shout outs to Samuel Yellin, one of the most notable wrought iron artisans in American history. Pitt's campus probably has more of his work than any other one place in the country, and you can find examples of his works in museums all over.

EiXzO8OWsAEP-cb

By the way, the university is going to be installing new handrails around the Cathedral that are fabricated to duplicate existing Yellin handrails outside Heinz Chapel. These will replace some non-ornate ones and add to places with steps that don't have any.

Last edited:
Reactions: DruidTM
better or worse than these?
IMG_4612.JPG

I think the new steel ones are better, given efforts to pay homage to Pittsburgh.

Also this is the third helmet design with a Panther.

1966-67
PAXXUP6667a.jpg

1997-2003
S_TB_PITTSBURGH_199704.jpg

2020 special
EiX9hQ0UcAAYlgv

Last edited:
Reactions: JSSTartan
Use these for 20% of the games and Home/Road for 80% and it’s perfect.
They definitely are much better than the pro combat uniform.

now beat Louisville

As long as Pitt wins Saturday, it's all good.

That said, those are complete garbage. Whatever fire they are using to forge the steel, they should throw these uniforms in it just as soon as the game is over and never wear this crap again.

Nike has a junk alternative uni for almost every team.

Oregon has set the bar with the ridiculous number of uni combos. Other than that, I really don't know how much a different look occasionally moves the needle in recruiting. I think its mostly a non-issue.

Cool presentation, but I don’t know how we can even really tell what the full uni looks like (when it’s actually on a player and it’s light aht)

Does Anyone have just a regular old pic?

And what’s the dude on the shoulder patch doing?
Thank you. The video is similar to watching a black cat move thru the night.

better or worse than these?
IMG_4612.JPG

I think the new steel ones are better, given efforts to pay homage to Pittsburgh.

Also this is the third helmet design with a Panther.

1966-67
PAXXUP6667a.jpg

1997-2003
S_TB_PITTSBURGH_199704.jpg

2020 special
EiX9hQ0UcAAYlgv

Worse - those dark blue uniforms were on point!

Instead of H2P....it should pay homage to the healthcare industry in Pittsburgh and have UPMC. Also, the panther should be Heinz Red ketchup color.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT