ADVERTISEMENT

France Beats USA

It was on Peacock. Ridiculous it wasn’t on regular TV. They were up 74-67. Meltdown city.

When the US went up 74-67, did France bring N’Golo Kante and Killian Mbappe into the game?

For those who are paying attention…any chance the Czechs can give the USA a game? I assume Iran can’t.

For the record the USA was about a 13 point favorite over France, a big number to be sure, but it isn’t a huge shock that a solid French team was able to pull out a win.

I already said that Team USA is definitely not winning the gold. I'll say now that they're gonna struggle to even medal in the Olympics.

Pop lead Team USA to 7th place in the world Championships two years ago

Reactions: Amigo3
I already said that Team USA is definitely not winning the gold. I'll say now that they're gonna struggle to even medal in the Olympics.

Pop lead Team USA to 7th place in the world Championships two years ago
It’s hard for me to see how they medal. I was wrong about Pop and this job.

Does anyone know how the quarterfinals are set up? It surprises me that there are only 3 groups of 4. Does no one care about basketball worldwide? I thought it was a big deal. In any event, looks like the US will be the #2 team out of their group. I have no idea what that means for a quarterfinal opponent. Maybe some who are following this can speculate?

OK but 3 more players played in the NBA. There is no excuse to lose to France but the point is, most of their roster is NBA quality.
The excuse/reality is the US loses whenever the roster doesn't have enough time together to build a cohesive unit. Rolling the ball out isn't enough no matter how good Durant is.

Reactions: HOF Coach
The excuse/reality is the US loses whenever the roster doesn't have enough time together to build a cohesive unit. Rolling the ball out isn't enough no matter how good Durant is.
But why? I assume because the pool isnt as deep, the other countries are used to playing together a bit more?

Pathetic. What a disgrace, maybe they should worry about playing basketball and wasting time on social issues. Nobody give a F*** anyway.

Pathetic. What a disgrace, maybe they should worry about playing basketball and wasting time on social issues. Nobody give a F*** anyway.

It is pathetic. But how dare American citizens have any thoughts besides their job (basketball). You should quit wasting your time and have no political or social opinions and focus only on whatever your occupation is.

🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️🧙‍♂️

Reactions: Ski11585
But why? I assume because the pool isnt as deep, the other countries are used to playing together a bit more?
Yes other national teams tend to be more consistent, across multiple tournaments, even multiple Olympic cycles sometimes. Team USA was adding players as of last week.

Hey Pop is a sure fire Hall of Famer but his best days are behind him and his post game arrogance is ridiculous. Damn right the media should question how your collection of high paid, proven NBA talent continues to lose game after game and can’t close out games up late to inferior teams.

Reactions: BFo8
BS - this false narrative is exactly why the National team concept was rolled out and perfected by Coach K for years up until that crusty old Geezer Pop took over. They train and play international ball together prior to the World Championships and Olympics to avoid what you typed above. Call it what it is: baffling and unacceptable with the talent assembled on that roster.

They kicked our ass in winemaking too. Bastards.

french-dude.jpg

They kicked our ass in winemaking too. Bastards.
Napa Valley says hello.

I don't care that they lost. The NBA is pretty much dead to me as I only follow Pitt guys but still won't watch. It's not a big time investment.

I'm of the opinion if you wear a team USA jersey regardless of the sport you represent the USA. Do like Tom Brady did, he showed up to the White House and didn't stay at home to protest his feelings. He made some cracks too, good stuff. Be an adult and represent the best of us.

As a child I can remember everyone huddled around the TV, bedtimes be damned it was the Olympics and that was team USA. Times have changed.

Do like Tom Brady did, he showed up to the White House and didn't stay at home to protest his feelings.
🙄🤔If you're gonna unnecessarily involve politics into the discussion, at least be accurate. He did go to the white house this year, however he did not show up for previous trips.

They really need to stop letting NBA coaches be a part of the process…

This is just my opinion, so it’s probably not a great one, college coaches treat every game like it’s life or death and most of these NBA coaches just treat it like oh well we have 82 of these. Does Pop even realize they can’t lose again?

Reactions: levance2
Team USA wilted down the stretch. They had one sequence where they had 3 or 4 open looks in a row and they bricked everyone of them. Throw in missing critical free throws and.............you lose to France. This doesn't appear to be a very good shooting team. Durant was terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT