ADVERTISEMENT

Francis Brewu taking an OV to MSU

A lot of the oldernurses went to a hospital based school and graduated as an RN. My wife went to the Montifiore school of nursing. Took some classes at Pitt because of their association. But she never got her BS in nursing.
Was very inexpensive vs getting her degree, which she never needed.
Met her at a Fiji party in 1972. Still together.
She actually still works 2 days a week here in HHI, as a diversion from retirement.
In the old days, those hospital-based schools of nursing used those programs to staff their facilities, and often gave a stipend to the students instead of charging tuition. Then, they very often paid part or all of the tuition for those RN's after hiring, if they went and got their Bachelor's degrees. Things have certainly changed.

In the old days, those hospital-based schools of nursing used those programs to staff their facilities, and often gave a stipend to the students instead of charging tuition. Then, they very often paid part or all of the tuition for those RN's after hiring, if they went and got their Bachelor's degrees. Things have certainly changed.
Yes. My wife was promised a position at Montifiore. We moved from Squirrel Hill to Westmoreland Co.
She was hired at Westmoreland Hospital. Was recruited by a plastic surgeon, and had 40 year career as a Plastic Surgical scrub nurse.
Worked out well for us.
Funny, her part time OR wage doing cataracts here in HHI , Is the highest hourly wage she has ever had. 👍👍
Someone has to fund my golf addiction….lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT