ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin—Penn state

USAF Phantom

Scholarship
Sep 22, 2016

I Read a post in a Yahoo sports page titled below:​

Penn State coach: ‘Aaron Donald has hurt college football and defensive tackles’​

Just think of the damage James Franklin has done to the barber profession.

images

Reactions: Farnox
It a huge compliment to Aaron Donald in that he a special talent. I know most Pitt fans will not view it this way but essentially he saying that AD is a once in a generation talents with quickness, strength and technique to dominate while being undersized. He simply saying kids want to be him but don’t realize that they simply aren’t talented enough.

It a huge compliment to Aaron Donald in that he a special talent. I know most Pitt fans will not view it this way but essentially he saying that AD is a once in a generation talents with quickness, strength and technique to dominate while being undersized. He simply saying kids want to be him but don’t realize that they simply aren’t talented enough.

Agree. Also, didn't he say this months ago? I guess it caught a second wind recently or something.

Agree. Also, didn't he say this months ago? I guess it caught a second wind recently or something.
It's weird that a guy who has repeatedly signed 230-250 pound HS DL-men doesn't see why a kid might be hesitant to put on so much weight. Especially when Pitt is about to send another "undersized" DL-men to the NFL and one of his better DL-men in recent memory is playing around 280 in the league.

Translated, "I can't recruit enough bigger guys and have a DL-man that won't put on more weight so I'm backhanding him through the media by unrealistically comparing him to a future HOF'er."

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I took what he said as a supreme compliment to AD, as a bit of motivation for his smaller DT's. He's essentially saying that all of these guys want to be AD, and there's only one AD. He is telling them that there are a lot of successful bigger DT's in the NFL, but really, only one truly outstanding smaller one.

All of which is true.

It's weird that a guy who has repeatedly signed 230-250 pound HS DL-men doesn't see why a kid might be hesitant to put on so much weight. Especially when Pitt is about to send another "undersized" DL-men to the NFL and one of his better DL-men in recent memory is playing around 280 in the league.

Translated, "I can't recruit enough bigger guys and have a DL-man that won't put on more weight so I'm backhanding him through the media by unrealistically comparing him to a future HOF'er."
BINGO!

Reactions: Pittisit4me

Franklin is utter trash. However, he meant that comment as a compliment to Donald. He said something similar a few months ago when asked about his DT's. Said something like everyone wants to be Aaron Donald but you're not. Pitt fans can acknowledge that Franklin is trash and yet realize this was a compliment.

Reactions: blair10
And I'm sure the 15 people in crappy valley watching between milking the cows and cleaning the pig sty were enthralled ...

Maybe I have on my Pitt-colored glasses, but I see it as a backhanded attempt by Franklin to say that Aaron Donald's success at Pitt had nothing to do with Pitt, and more to do it with AD just being a unicorn.

Reactions: Parkview57
He simply saying kids want to be him
No he isn't, just like calling in a pittsburgh radio show as "James from State College" Franklin is completely left out the conversation on a another great pennsylvania kid, the self-absorbed POS simply wants his name in the same sentence as Aaron Donald.
It is simple to see that.

It's alot like saying your program is above others, "Success with Honor" while raping children and covering it up to the point that the University President goes to jail...creepy James Franklin

I Read a post in a Yahoo sports page titled below:​

Penn State coach: ‘Aaron Donald has hurt college football and defensive tackles’​

I didn’t have an issue with it. He just basically said how incredible Aaron was and all of these kids think they can just do what he did and be successful. Aaron was a generational player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT