47 - Kyle Nunn (LB, 6'3" 200)
55 - Jaylen Twyman (DL, 6'2" 315)
57 - Gabe Houy (OL, 6'6" 280)
60 - Owen Drexel (OL, 6'3" 270)
61 - Cal Adomitis (LS, 6'1" 210)
72 - Carson Van Lynn (OL, 6'5" 255)
74 - Jerry Drake Jr. (OL, 6'5" 315)
77 - Carter Warren (OL, 6'5" 325)
80 - Dontavius Butler-Jenkins (WR, 6'0" 205)
83 - Darian Street (WR, 6'1" 180)

If a guy is listed at 280 in the media guide, he's probably 265 in reality. Just like if you're 5'9 they'll list you as 5'11

Hopefully Reeves is the newest Eric Green and he can handle 275 at TE...that is huge!

Speaking of player's weights. I see Pine listed at 6'2"/240lbs. Is he destined to play MLB because that is awfully heavy for a OLB unless he is in the NFL.

Speaking of player's weights. I see Pine listed at 6'2"/240lbs. Is he destined to play MLB because that is awfully heavy for a OLB unless he is in the NFL.
Pine is listed as a backup in the middle behind Wirginis but it is believed by some that IF Wirginis needs replaced, it will be Brightwell moving over and the trickle down with zeise moving from money to star, idowu coming in, etc...

Also, I remember reading a quote from Harley I think about how Pine could be a very effective pass rusher at 250, which led me to believe he'd be a good money backer, despite him currently being at middle.

So in short, who the hell knows.. I think we fans, me especially, are much more concerned about what specific LB spot these kids are playing at than the staff does..

Pine is listed as a backup in the middle behind Wirginis but it is believed by some that IF Wirginis needs replaced, it will be Brightwell moving over and the trickle down with zeise moving from money to star, idowu coming in, etc...

Also, I remember reading a quote from Harley I think about how Pine could be a very effective pass rusher at 250, which led me to believe he'd be a good money backer, despite him currently being at middle.

So in short, who the hell knows.. I think we fans, me especially, are much more concerned about what specific LB spot these kids are playing at than the staff does..
I really think they just want these guys to be versatile so that when an injury comes up, you can plug in the best backup instead of whichever guy happens to be the backup for that specific spot.

I really think they just want these guys to be versatile so that when an injury comes up, you can plug in the best backup instead of whichever guy happens to be the backup for that specific spot.
yeah I know, and that's probably a good thing. I like that neat, orderly, two deep roster but I get it and it sounds like this staff can interchange the money and Middle somewhat easily.. a tad odd, when you think of a traditional middle and outside linebacker but I guess not so much in this defense..

yeah I know, and that's probably a good thing. I like that neat, orderly, two deep roster but I get it and it sounds like this staff can interchange the money and Middle somewhat easily.. a tad odd, when you think of a traditional middle and outside linebacker but I guess not so much in this defense..
Some of the plays where the other team runs a spread offense our d just looks like a 4-2-5 nickel package, with the star backer out in space and the middle and money in the box. The more interesting thing to me was that the coaches think Zeise could play both star and money. Those seem like very different positions to me.

It would be nice to have an oversized Cam Chancellor-esque type body playing hybrid safety/LB at all times...I know, they don't grow on trees so that ain't happening, but a guy can wish, right?

Reactions: JoeD99
Saw these guys walking around campus a couple weeks back. Carrigan still looks pretty skinny but the man is TALL so 265ish could be accurate. Reeves on the other hand...looks like a beast and if he's 280 he carries it really really well. Kid looks like he's made of bricks.

That's really big for a tight end. Would like to see these guys 10-30 pounds lighter unless they plan to use them as extra lineman (or for a position switch).

In a "run first" offense, a big TE isn't a stretch. If a guy can run and catch passes at 275 and knows how to block, then you have something special.

If you have two guys like that, opposing DC's will have matchup problems.

These are good problems.

Both of them will play TE for Pitt,carrigan is a blocking TE so his weight is fine and Reeves is so athletically gifted that if he can handle the weight than that's great,he will run over people

Reactions: JokePa
Pine at 240 is heavy??

I was looking at the recruits numbers and height and weights and thinking how the lightest guys we have are linebackers.

Reeves seemed to bounce from 260 to 280 in HS... He could still run the Basketball court with the guards... He is very athletic... I am betting that as soon as he gets into the conditioning program, he will more likely be about 265 or so... but he will move well.... Even if he trims down, he is a big dude.....

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Paris Ford at only 175 pounds - probably generous -- seems a concern.

How come our incoming LBs always weigh 210???

Go Pitt!

210 incoming? I wish. Try 195. They are 210 after their redshirt year.
That's A1 on the long list of frustrations, confusions and bemusements of the Pitt program. How we end up with such underwhelming, physically deficient linebackers seemingly every year. Clint Sessions might be the last who could remotely make a ball carrier cringe. Even HB Blades and Dan Mason weren't really big guys. And Mason's body parts were in outright rebellion of his will.

Reeves seemed to bounce from 260 to 280 in HS... He could still run the Basketball court with the guards... He is very athletic... I am betting that as soon as he gets into the conditioning program, he will more likely be about 265 or so... but he will move well.... Even if he trims down, he is a big dude.....
He has NFL potential at a couple different positions.

ADVERTISEMENT