ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
Remember my first post during this search? About 75-80% of what you hear during these searches is either a lie, exaggeration, or an assumption. All you can do is take the information for what you think it is worth based on the source.

With regards to my last post, I mentioned how there seemed to be a wide gap and hole after Hurley. Maybe Eric Musselman is that guy. Corey Evans mentioned that his name is starting to pick up steam.

Things will pick up this weekend. You are probably looking at Hurley, Oats, and Musselman being done this weekend. At that point, it can be a wild race to get these guys interviewed and reviewed. I know that the Hurley situation will definitely be settled shortly after their season.

When I watch these games, it is amazing how many good coaches there are across the country. To me, so much of it comes down to recruiting. Almost all of these coaches can do the x's and o's side. It comes down to talent in most cases. That is the dilemma. Which of these coaches can you project to this job as far as recruiting goes. To me, that has to be the guy. Whichever one you think translates the best to getting talent here.

There are also so many good players across the tournament. You could switch a lot of these guys and put them in high major uniforms and they would fit. It is about building a team and making it fit.

Speaking of that, these big time coaches are not going to ever be turned away or defer a season to a rebuild. They are competitors. There are hundreds of transfers, grad transfers, JUCO's, recommitments, last minute recruits, etc. A good portion of this roster could return. Who knows. I bet we start to get more information early this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News