ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Tickets - Cary

FatDave

Scholarship
Jul 11, 2001
Raleigh, NC
i thought it was weird that tickets for friday dont show up anywhere on ticketmaster, theyre not listed as sold out and they dont appear on stubhub, so i called ticketmaster.

I got put on hold for several minutes for them to confirm its soldout (the finals matchup is stilla available)

Was anyone able to get tickets?

Reactions: noelr
i thought it was weird that tickets for friday dont show up anywhere on ticketmaster, theyre not listed as sold out and they dont appear on stubhub, so i called ticketmaster.

I got put on hold for several minutes for them to confirm its soldout (the finals matchup is stilla available)

Was anyone able to get tickets?
Sold out? Wow

just got off the phone with the university and they told me it is NOT sold out. they sent me a link... which went directly to the finals game and did not give access to the semifinals.

just got off the phone with the university and they told me it is NOT sold out. they sent me a link... which went directly to the finals game and did not give access to the semifinals.

They are too busy with volleyball to be bothered with Soccer Final Four tickets.

Reactions: noelr
There is no friggen way that game is sold out. Ive had the same problems as all of you. No ticket master link, no tickets in the secondary market either. There are four out of town teams, I highly doubt they have sold 10,000 tickets already. Something strange going on. I dont know anyone that has tickets to the semis.

There is no friggen way that game is sold out. Ive had the same problems as all of you. No ticket master link, no tickets in the secondary market either. There are four out of town teams, I highly doubt they have sold 10,000 tickets already. Something strange going on. I dont know anyone that has tickets to the semis.
They haven’t give IU an allotment yet

Creighton has arguably the best college basketball fanbase in the country, all things being equal. I have a theory that all those crazy Nebraskans bought all the tickets. Or lets say they bought 5000 tickets or 3000. The place only seats 10K. Maybe that was enough to do it since the games have good support locally.

I found a fan who is at the women’s cup this week in Cary. He was complaining to the ncaa that they have given the ticket allotments to “showcase kids” who stay till halftime for the first game and then leave, leaving the second game empty.

See his post here:

I think this is a good explanation.

Hoosierfan, glad to hear we’re not alone, I guess

Reactions: latz66
The women’s national title game was jam-packed last night. Having UNC in it certainly helped but it was a great atmosphere (and a heck of a game)

Reactions: HOF Coach
I found a fan who is at the women’s cup this week in Cary. He was complaining to the ncaa that they have given the ticket allotments to “showcase kids” who stay till halftime for the first game and then leave, leaving the second game empty.

See his post here:

I think this is a good explanation.

Hoosierfan, glad to hear we’re not alone, I guess

Yea, I thought that might be the case. Crazy that not even actual fans can get tickets. Would it be totally insane to have 2 sessions if they insist on giving away free tickets to local kids who leave at halftime of the 1st game? I am a season ticket holder and I cant even get tickets and Pitt hasn't even reached out to its fans yet beyond sending the ticketmaster link.

So, another thing. Most of these tickets are GA. If they're giving out freebies to local kids who will no-show or leave at halftime of the Syracuse/Creighton game, would it be so impossible to just oversell the place? Or would it be completely crazy to make a ticket "8:00 entry" assuming all the kids will be gone? Having Friday sold out in a day doesn't seem right. This is why I always say that I shouldn't have to be in charge of everything

Just got an email from Pitt for tix for Friday. Check your inbox.

Reactions: FatDave
The game is "sold out" tonight yet there are 12 people in the upper deck for the Syr/Cre game. What a failure by the NCAA

The game is "sold out" tonight yet there are 12 people in the upper deck for the Syr/Cre game. What a failure by the NCAA

The end zone seats are well less than half full, and right now the little half section on the sideline on the right hand side as the television camera is looking at it, towards the goal that Creighton is shooting at, has literally three people sitting in it.

But they wouldn't sell any more than a few tickets to the fans of the schools involved.

The end zone seats are well less than half full, and right now the little half section on the sideline on the right hand side as the television camera is looking at it, towards the goal that Creighton is shooting at, has literally three people sitting in it.

But they wouldn't sell any more than a few tickets to the fans of the schools involved.

It says it seats 10K. Crowd has to be 5K tops. And what I dont get is being that most seats are GA, why dont they just sell like 12K tickets? The chances of 10K of the 12K people who have tickets all showing up at the same time is minimalm

Reactions: Chaos
It says it seats 10K. Crowd has to be 5K tops. And what I dont get is being that most seats are GA, why dont they just sell like 12K tickets? The chances of 10K of the 12K people who have tickets all showing up at the same time is minimalm

To be fair, it did fill in a good bit later in the first half. Certainly not full, but there were a lot more people there with ten minutes left in the first half than there were ten minutes into the game.

ADVERTISEMENT