ADVERTISEMENT

FSU's Schedule

Oct 25, 2021
Saw they play BC this week, and I thought it was weird to open with two conference games, so I looked their schedule up. They finish the season with three non-conference games in a row in November.

Is that not a little odd? I mean two of the games are Notre Dame and Florida, so I guess they're at least appealing, but I would think the ACC would want some of its better teams playing each other with something on the line at the end of the season.

Saw they play BC this week, and I thought it was weird to open with two conference games, so I looked their schedule up. They finish the season with three non-conference games in a row in November.

Is that not a little odd? I mean two of the games are Notre Dame and Florida, so I guess they're at least appealing, but I would think the ACC would want some of its better teams playing each other with something on the line at the end of the season.

Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina do not play SEC games in the final 2 weeks. They use the next to last week to prepare for their in-state rivalry. They either play an FCS opponent or have a bye week. Clemson and FSU have started to schedule similarly. The additional 3rd game for FSU was the result of going to Ireland and playing ND this year.

Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina do not play SEC games in the final 2 weeks. They use the next to last week to prepare for their in-state rivalry. They either play an FCS opponent or have a bye week. Clemson and FSU have started to schedule similarly. The additional 3rd game for FSU was the result of going to Ireland and playing ND this year.

Yeah, I know week 0 games always make it weird (I think Miami had three bye weeks one season), but you could still work around it. They didn't just decide to play a game in Ireland this past May. In a conference that needs about as much excitement as it can get, it seems odd to not have FSU playing someone for a potential spot in the ACC Title Game.

We got to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to have taken this seriously.

Yeah, I know week 0 games always make it weird (I think Miami had three bye weeks one season), but you could still work around it. They didn't just decide to play a game in Ireland this past May. In a conference that needs about as much excitement as it can get, it seems odd to not have FSU playing someone for a potential spot in the ACC Title Game.
Just means FSU could be heading into the conference championship with it being a "must win" for them with three losses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT