ADVERTISEMENT

Full Schedule

2 midweek 9PM home games. I thought we were passed that. What happened to the 6PM/8PM or 6:30/8:30 doubleheader?

Just out of curiosity, why did you think we were "passed" that? There were plenty of ACC 7/9 doubleheaders last year. What made you think that this year was going to be different?

And I’ll Say it again- who cares ?!
are you getting a percentage ?
The tv revenue pitt gets is not dependent on the channel
Its just stupid, that's all. This will probably be the first Pitt/WVU game not on regular TV since the 60s or something like that.

You know that there is a really easy way to figure that out, right?
ACCN
6:30 - USC-Upstate @ Duke
8:30 - UGa @ Wake

ESPNU
9:00 - Michigan @ Eastern Michigan

A few things. Are they messing with me? Why would they do 6:30/8:30 on a FRIDAY night but do 7/9 midweek??? That makes no sense. Also, that Friday is a Federal holiday with a good percentage of Americans off of work and school, wouldn't a 5/7/9 tripleheader work? Put Duke at 5, which is sold out anyway. Heck, BC hosts Detroit at 1PM though not on TV, which also is strange as there would be nothing on ACCN at that time.

I am wondering now if Pitt/WVU is that Raycom/Fox Sports South syndicated regional sports network package that ATTSN stopped buying. Those games are on ACCNX live in markets that dont have an RSN who bought the package. Maybe they are using it to pressure ATTSN into buying it. Its hard to believe that game cant make TV. Speaking of not making TV, WVU only plays 19 of 31 games on TV this year. The rest are stream-only. Pitt plays 27 games on TV

ACCN
6:30 - USC-Upstate @ Duke
8:30 - UGa @ Wake

ESPNU
9:00 - Michigan @ Eastern Michigan

A few things. Are they messing with me? Why would they do 6:30/8:30 on a FRIDAY night but do 7/9 midweek??? That makes no sense. Also, that Friday is a Federal holiday with a good percentage of Americans off of work and school, wouldn't a 5/7/9 tripleheader work? Put Duke at 5, which is sold out anyway. Heck, BC hosts Detroit at 1PM though not on TV, which also is strange as there would be nothing on ACCN at that time.

I am wondering now if Pitt/WVU is that Raycom/Fox Sports South syndicated regional sports network package that ATTSN stopped buying. Those games are on ACCNX live in markets that dont have an RSN who bought the package. Maybe they are using it to pressure ATTSN into buying it. Its hard to believe that game cant make TV. Speaking of not making TV, WVU only plays 19 of 31 games on TV this year. The rest are stream-only. Pitt plays 27 games on TV
Is that true? (Your final sentences)

That is unacceptable. We are the ones to play every game on TV except the 2 XII Plus games.

Edit: It’s true. Pitt doesn’t have as many games on ESPN family of tv channels as WVU. It’s criminal that BB isn’t on ESPN channel.

WVU has always had more exposure on ESPN family versus Pitt since they both moved from Big East. WVU has more conference games this season on Plus than in past years. I guess it doesn’t matter too much since even ESPN channels get awful numbers for regular season college hoops. I would still prefer every game of ours being on ESPN TV channel.

Last edited:
Is that true? (Your final sentences)

That is unacceptable. We are the ones to play every game on TV except the 2 XII Plus games.

Edit: It’s true. Pitt doesn’t have as many games on ESPN family of tv channels as WVU. It’s criminal that BB isn’t on ESPN channel.

WVU has always had more exposure on ESPN family versus Pitt since they both moved from Big East. WVU has more conference games this season on Plus than in past years. I guess it doesn’t matter too much since even ESPN channels get awful numbers for regular season college hoops. I would still prefer every game of ours being on ESPN TV channel.
I am confused. WVU plays on TV only 19 times. Pitt 27. Do you agree with that or not?

Reactions: Pittnerski
Are they messing with me?

Of course they are. After all, it's all about you.

I am wondering now if Pitt/WVU is that Raycom/Fox Sports South syndicated regional sports network package that ATTSN stopped buying. Those games are on ACCNX live in markets that dont have an RSN who bought the package. Maybe they are using it to pressure ATTSN into buying it.

Once again, these things are easy to find out. There are (again) no Pitt games on the syndicated package this season. On the day in question there is a RSN doubleheader, College of Charleston at North Carolina at 7 and Monmouth at Virginia at 9.

Notice that they put those games at 7 and 9, again, just to mess with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT